twitter.com
Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):
NashVille00

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):
7ebb3ef7-6015-4973-b376-22ad1bf34bce
-

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)
17 (03/04/2003)
-

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

-yes

Do you agree with the server rules?

-yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

-a member named AWoodpepperSon told me

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)
Ive roleplayed for 7 years, ive learned to use “” if needed and or **
-

Additional Information: (If any)

-
Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions
Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?
Enacting as a character or being that helps you escape from reality
-

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:
abusing in game mechanics to make it easier to get to the top that and when roleplaying powergaming is roleplaying an attack or action without the intent of checking if it was successfull or not, you just think you did a good job
-

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:
Acting like your character knows what to do when they really dont
-

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?
A character that would lack basic flaws and weaknesses
-

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?
Ooc is basically being out of character and it should only be used to conversate in real life
-
Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.
in progress
Thoros_promotional_season_6-1.jpg tattred banner.png
here is a reference image
Name:
Artemis Ville
-

-

Culture:
North Oserian
-

Can your character read and write?:
yes

Story & Biography (please go into detail, we recommend two paragraphs but expect at least one. Please outline character history, personality traits and the things that make your character unique. Have fun with this section!)

description paragraph
Artemis Ville is one of many writers in an oserian writers guild, hes 5''9, has shiny, wavy, dirty blonde hair that is tied in a bun for ease of sight, bushy eyebrows, a sloped forehead almost apelike, a full blonde goatee, tied, is usually seen with glasses that look oddly fragile, his stature is upright but still a little bulky, thanks to his broad shoulders. His vocals are buttery smooth but still a little rough, when he yells he has a gravely thrall. For a man of his age you wouldn't think he'd be afraid of anything, well you'd be wrong, he is very susceptible to sea sickness and has a huge fear of the ocean due to to many sailor novels he reads. He has this fear of the dark so we would always have a lantern or torch that would light his way through. he is legaly blind and is not very vulgar, especially around women who don't look like they'd sock his wooden teeth in.
Player history paragraph
Artemis come from a small family of 3 in the town of Avendale, he was supposed to have a younger sister but she died along with his mother, the father stayed strong until his very last breath, which was when Artemis was 23, he turned his once furnished home into a study, almost all the walls were covered in books, some written himself, others bought or bartered. All in all Artemis is living a life of luxury, at least that's what he calls it. If he were to have visitors he'd offer them a seat and a cold brew of water, he wouldn't mind a small chat but he dosn't like it when people try to push themselves into his lifestyle, he finds it rude and appalling. Present day Artemis is now struggling to find space in his home, and as much as it hurts him, he plans to sell his written books to other writers as long as they give credit and offer up a good deal.

(Please note although the character you apply with can commit illegal or immoral acts you cannot do these things on the server without an Intrigue application. This can be applied for once you are whitelisted.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/intrigue-application.119/ (Intrigue Application)

(You are also able to apply with a noble but keep in mind you cannot play a noble character on the server unless you join an accepted noble house or apply for one.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/noble-houses.142/ (Noble Houses)

-

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

-i may of been drunk but my morals were still strong, i had to go check the lady, hoping she wasnt dead by the time i made it to her, i would try to speak and hope to get a response, if i were to get a response id try to give my coat i had on me as a way to stop the bleeding and take her to the nearest village hospital type thing, if there was no response id go get the cops to see if they would help

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

annoyed by the fact i was denied access just because of the traffic was to high, id just do the right thing and wait, but as i wait i would check the stalls to see if there were any useful things to buy, and maybe even get a buyer if one happens to wake up
-

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

-my response would be simply no to the hag, not because of her looks, because of how cryptic she spoke to me about this seafood, for all i knew it could be dead people, or some poisoned meat.

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

when i see this soldier id try to help them get up, doing my best to comfort the soldier "come now, he wouldn't want you to join him!" i would have to take the soldier out of battle to a safe retreat for him to mourn, after talking to the soldier i would leave him be and go back to battle
-

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

as weak as i felt, id trudge through the snow to get to the nearest warmth i could find, if im lucky enough to find a tavern i would use it as a shelter using what goods i had on me to sell to the tavern keeper, if he is to stubborn to let a dying man find shelter for one night i continue my search for warmth

Last edited:

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

You’re almost there! Your application is pending.

There are only a few things to change for a final decision.

Make the following edits to your application:

1. Your powergaming touches on the general concept perfectly, but doesn't get into the multiplayer aspect.

2. Your bio was an interesting read that uses minecraft's default mechanics to create a rather compelling character. I'm actually very impressed. This server does have its own lore and creatures however. I would ask that you please read up on the cultural lore and the fauna lore. You can definitely create a similar character from Korsia however. If you need help, I am more than willing to work on some desert based monsters with you.

3. Your answers to the questions are all very short except for the first. Please expand upon the rest of these. You can look to other players for inspiration, or imagine your in a multiplayer roleplaying scenario. You only need to answer three questions, so make three good ones and your ok.

Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made these changes and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible.

Good luck!

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.