DENIED My Whitelist Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jred477

Feb 27, 2016
California, USA
OOC Information:
Please try your best to use proper grammar and correct spelling mistakes. This is a roleplay server and if accepted, writing will be your main form of communication while online.

MC Username- Jred477

How old are you?- 17 (18 this June)

What is your favorite color?- Blue/Purple/Red (colors of the Planetside 2 factions)

Have you read and agreed to the rules?- Yes, I have.

Have you REALLY read the rules? If so which one do you most agree with?- (((Roleplay banter is allowed as long as it is not taken into OOC or breaks any other rules.)))

Are there any changes you would make to any the rules?(if so why?)- I'd make a change to this rule: (((Listen to staff member’s directions carefully, disobeying said directions will result in punishments))) Personally, i'd make it so that staff members couldn't purposefully interfere in other players' roleplaying unless they were simply observing. Multiple occasions i've seen server staff abusing this rule.

How did you find Tale of Banners?- planetminecraft

Do you have any experience with other roleplay servers if so which server(s) and for how long?-
Realms of Grisnad (2 years) | Eurasia Machina (2-3 months *still current*)
Definitions:
If you don’t know any of the definitions feel free to look them up just make sure you understand them and write them in your own words.

What is Roleplaying?- *Roleplaying* is the action of placing yourself in a fantasy character's life, allowing you to control his/her actions for your own creative purpose.

What is Metagaming?- *Metagaming* is the action of taking OOC knowledge (commonly forums posts and OOC discussions and announcements) and using that knowledge to give your character an unfair advantage over the rest of the server community.

What is Powergaming?- Powergaming is the act of making your character do something which is beyond their capacity, such as deflecting bullets with swords, firing 5 arrows in one shot several times in the space of only a few seconds, possessing a futuristic weapon (e.g. plasma rifle) in a time period in which the technology does not exist, or forcing another player to do what you decide for their character to do (e.g. me making your char throw himself off a castle wall because 'he was depressed').

What is OOC, IC, and IRL?- OOC: Out of Character, this is anything in real life, or pertaining to real life events and happenings, or items related to server functionality and announcements. In Character, this is what you have your character do in roleplay. In Real Life, this is real world stuff, such as politics and economics.

IC Information:
Here is where you actually describe and create your own character. Be realistic! Follow the lore, and make sure your character makes sense and is someone you want to play as.

Characters Name- Calvin Orius (my standard char name for all things RP)

Characters Age- 22 (young enough to be an amateur at most things, but old enough to have mastered a profession or two)

Characters Race- Oserian

Characters Sex (Male or female)-
Male (duh)

Characters Biography (This is where you can get creative. Write down your characters story from birth to present time. Use lore and follow the server timeline, and events. Must be a minimum of 2 paragraphs long):
My character, Calvin Orius, was born to an unremarkable Oserian family on June 12th 1149, on the outskirts of an isolated village. He was only 12 when his father, an unremarkable commoner, sent him off with a band of traders to apprentice with a craftman in one of the larger Oserian cities. He has not seen his family since. Calvin apprenticed for about 6 months, before deciding to try and strike it out on his own. Calvin managed to scrape together a few measly coins from selling broken pieces of armor and weapons to blacksmiths before he tried his hand at becoming a merchant. This is his current occupation, but he has little money to show for it. He is currently 22 years old, and wants to make his mark on the world.

Character Traits & Ambitions-
TRAITS: UNSKILLED BLACKSMITH (likes to forge his own tools and weapons, although not very good at doing so), NOVICE SURVIVALIST (knows some of what dangers the wilderness harbors, also knows not to eat certain plants, cannot yet make his own shelter), NOVICE ADVENTURER (has been in one or two dangerous places, and lived to tell about it), NOVICE SWORDSMAN (can wield a sword better than an ordinary peasant, but knows little-to-nothing of the art of swordfighting),
AMBITIONS: Wants to build an empire, and to rule over it till he dies, but realistically he has nearly no chance of succeeding in this matter, and as such he would rather run a profitable business of some sort. (Has a secret liking for spears and awlpikes, and wants to make a collection out of them).

Characters Strengths and Weaknesses- Mildly Observant, Inexperienced Merchant (can attempt to strike a deal with a man with money in his pockets, typically has a 30% chance of succeeding, but the ability may expand in time), Can fight with a sword, (additional strengths listed in TRAITS), Literate (can read),
Weaknesses: Bad at math, cannot write neatly, bad at archery (cannot use a bow), cannot stomach the sight of blood (at least, not yet).

Characters appearance (Be descriptive)-
Commoner look with facial hair, scraggly hair, slightly uneven clothes, carries an Awlpike tip hidden in his trousers, ready to jab any hostile creatures with (in addition to whatever gear he ends up possessing). Rest of the details you can see from the screenshot below. (Height: 5'9'')

Please provide an in game screenshot of your characters skin here…..

Just got the skin for this occasion, pasted an image from Planetminecraft.

Role-Playing Scenarios:
These scenarios will be used in order to test your role-playing abilities. Please answer any 3 of the 4 scenarios listed, and remember to complete these scenarios in as much detail as possible.
[1]

Your character finds themselves in the middle of an arena with nothing more than a robe on their back. As you character looks around there is what appears to be a spear on the ground approximately 15 meters ahead of them. They’re not the only person in this arena however, with several others scattered around the arena. Each member in that arena is trying to get that spear. How does you character survive this ordeal?

My character loves spears, and after seeing everyone else, makes a beeline for it (+20% movement speed due to adrenaline boost and love for spears). Calvin grabs the spear just before another man crashes into him from the side. He rolls in the dirt with the spear in hand, and manages to get the man off of him. Calvin stands up, knocks the man back to the ground, and impales him with the spear. Another man runs for the spear, and Calvin positions the spear towards him, and thrusts the spear through the man's chest as he tries to run past. Yet another man tries to get the spear, but Calvin sidesteps, stumbling backwards and almost falling. The man tries again to get the spear, but Calvin puts the spear above him, and manages to roll the man over him as he dives. Calvin gets up and plunges the spear into the man's chest. The others are frightened at Calvin's prowess with the spear and they run to the gates. The overseer in the stands applauds and orders the guards on the other side of the gates to open them, letting Calvin and the others free (after forcing Calvin to return the spear).

[2]

Returning from the tavern after a long night of drinking, your character passes through the streets and alleyways on the short return home. However, on the way you hear a woman in distress coming from around the corner. The woman is being robbed and is clearly distraught. What does your character do next?

Grabbing hold of the awlpike head in his trousers, Calvin pulls it out and runs round the corner and forces the man off of the woman, allowing her to go to safety. The would-be-robber slashes at Calvin with a shoddily built dagger, and Calvin manages to plunge the awlpike head into the man's throat, causing him to fall down and bleed out.

[3]

On the road going passing from Oseria to Crosia, your character gets lost and ends up at Crookmire Swamp. Although lost, your character decides to stay the night in Crookmire and continue their travels in the morning. After a few hours your character begins to get hungry and heads to a local street vendor. The vendor offers you some baked goods, however warns of out of body experiences if they are to eat this food. What does your character do next, and how do they react to this situation?

Calvin, the inexperienced survivalist, buys the food with half of what little money he has left, and, after heading back to his shelter, eats the food. Calvin dozes off afterwards and dreams that he is soaring above the clouds on a wooden ship, with a strange noise in the background. He looks overboard and sees his body on the swampy ground. Shocked by this realization, Calvin's grip on the railing fails and he falls toward the earth, landing in his body and waking up two hours later, shaken from the experience.
[4]

In the midst of battle, your character finds themselves next a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly upset as he cradles one of his dead. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. He continues to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name is despair. Then the soldier glances up to see your character with sword in hand, but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. What does your character do next?

Any extra information you would like to add on your application? [Optional]: Not very experienced in ALL things RP, will try my best to blend into medieval life, as Eurasia Machina was a steampunk server. If I somehow accidentally missed a question, aside from the 4th RP scenario, don't hesitate to email me.

NTE_Killer4life

Dec 17, 2015
USA
Hello I am NTE_Killer4life and I will be reviewing your application today! :) Your application is . . .
PENDING
  • Just going to remind you, a character starting out on role-play cannot be a master at something and the percentages and such will not count towards role-play. (just a reminder)
  • The traits you have listed are more like skills. What is your character like? Is he stubborn, optimistic, pessimistic, arrogant? etc.
  • Referring to your character background, how did he grow up from a baby to 12? What was his parents like, did they treat him well? Which village did he grow up on the outskirts of? Lastly, the year is the only thing that is needed, not the month.
Please fix the above problems by editing your application by 24 hours of the time this application was reviewed. Leave a message when you have made this edits. Failure to do so will result in the application being denied and you will have to wait 24 hours to reapply.

Reviewed: 2/27/16 8:16 AM EST

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.