ACCEPTED Neilz' Application

Neilz

Sep 29, 2019
United States (CST/GMT-5)
Part 1 of 4
Out of Character
Provide information about yourself here.

MineCraft Username(s):

Answer - Neilas

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

Answer - 758d1c1e-6758-405a-ba31-2978aa1379aa

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Answer - 18

Have you read through our rules? (Found here)

Answer - Yes

Do you agree with our rules?

Answer - Of course.

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Answer - Used to RP on Age of Citycraft ages ago, quit Minecraft after AoC went down, decided to come back, been a year since I came back, tried and currently do Sci-Fi RP, seeing if I can get back into the swing of things in a medieval RP server.

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

Answer - Of course, Age of Citycraft and Project Ceres are probably my longest

Is there anything you would like to add?

Answer - Not much, no.

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
Answer these definitions using your own words. The definitions can be looked up if necessary, however copy-pasting is not allowed.
What do you define as roleplaying?

Answer - Assuming a persona and acting through it.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’

Answer - Forcing your actions into fruition; that is to say, forcing folks to accept what you RP'd out even if they had RP'd defensively against you. An example to clean things up: Jeff casts fireball, instantly killing everyone in the room, regardless if they dodge or have protection of any sort.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’

Answer - Using information gained out of character, in character. Say you learned in a Discord chat with some folks that John the King is planning to attack your settlement, your character, Jeff, wouldn't personally know that unless someone told him that in character.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

Answer - Essentially a character that's perfect. A character with no (or negligible/incredibly minor) flaws and typically has overwhelming powers without any real reason to have them beyond the player simply wanting it.

Part 3 of 4
Character Creation
Here you will create a character to use on our server.
Provide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.

Answer - ScaleMaybeFinal.PNG ScalemailFinal.png

Name:

Answer - Vytautas Hayha

Answer -26

Culture:

Answer - North Oserian

Story & Biography:

Answer - Vyt sits himself across from you at the campfire, his scalemail jingling and rattling all the while. he offers up a quick, twisted smile, "Where shall I begin? My life is a rather large mess, and I'm not sure if I'm particularly interested in keeping it a mess or if I'd rather change everything and be born again; be a nobleman's son, I mean." He unbuckles his helmet, pulling it off his head, revealing his thick and matted brown hair, dangerously unkempt, right atop his beard, giving him the appearance of a half-shaved bear. "I'm afraid I don't quite remember my very young years, my memory, I'm afraid, isn't quite as sharp as my spear, likely from all the bludgeons to the head I've recieved over the course of these last eight years." He laughs, then quickly winces in pain, a memory from a recent fight. "You see, when I was a young child, I spent quite a bit of time working on my family's farm, and sure, I could have stayed there" Vytautas rolls his eyes, his voice changing to a more sarcastic tone "And I do suppose, I could have lived and died there, never having seen the world for what it was, simply tilling, both my fields and my future wife." He heartily laughs, wincing from his injury, although laughing nonetheless. "But I suppose that never quite sat well with me, you see, when I was younger, maybe ten or eleven, I hopped aboard a caravan, the one carrying my father's wheat, and I simply took it for a ride. Of course, the guards found out, rather foolish of me to do so, but I suppose I was only a kid, and they forced me to work for my ride. It wasn't a very long trip, by any means, but just that feeling of... " He looks up at the starry sky, raising and opening his arms, as if to grasp every single light in the night's blanket at once. "Freedom, it was what I was looking for. Of course, when we back home, I begged my father to allow me onto the roads as a guard, yes, I, a young child, begged to go and fight bandits in a forest protecting some despondent merchant's wares. He quickly declined, and I soon brought it to my mother, who soon quickly brought a belt to my rear." He overreacts a cringe, as if the pain from the beating were as fresh as spring water. "So, we argued, for weeks on end, and we came to an agreement. When I grew a few years older and stronger, I could join the town's militia, and should I prove myself to be capable there, I would be allowed to become a caravan guard, rather than take over that forsaken farm. It should be obvious, but I did damn well there, well enough with a spear and shield I soon bested a greenhorn knight in single combat one night during a festival, something to do with disgracing his wife's sanctity." Vytautas stares up at the night sky, silently looking upon it. "Of course, that did little to win me favors in town, and I was soon a rather high priority target for anyone and everyone in town, particularly that knight's companions. In truth, that battle was less of my exceptional skill, and more of the knight being a clueless idiot without his steed's power behind his attacks, and I understood that quite well, so I took the first chance I had, and begun my work as a caravan guard." He looks upon his spear and shield, staring at them for a moment before picking up his small pavise, pulling a rag from his satchel, he begins wiping off the dirt and muck on it. "It went well, for a while. Of course, I couldn't stand it." His eyes glaze over, he stops wiping the shield, only a blank stare covering what little area of his face left visible. "There was this terrible experience, it happened when we were hopelessly set upon by bandits. You see, when I was caravaneering, I met a man whom I'd soon consider my second brother. He was far greater than me in combat, and of our twenty matches, I had only bested him thrice. He fought the same as I, spear and shield, yet he moved with far more power and grace than I could ever imagine, yet he was also one of the humblest men I had met. He often guarded caravans free of charge, simply out of the goodwill of his heart and his immense modesty and near-ascetic lifestyle." He stops staring off into the distance, instead staring blankly at the fire. "My apologies for my digression, we were guarding caravans this one night, everything seemed perfect. We had gotten stopped by a small group of bandits, choosing to allow them to flee instead of killing. A mistake I regret fully: allowing any enemy of mine to escape, and those bandits soon came back with a number of almost tenfold." He sits there in silence for a while, contemplating and staring. "Many of the guards immediately fled, I doubt they survived since we were fully surrounded, and all the merchants immediately demanded us remaining soldiers hold off the bandits while the merchants attempted to flee... He was never one to back down from an order, and so he did. I... Ran, I could think of nothing other than running at that moment. He never once looked back at me, and I'm unsure if he died understanding me, or hating me to his guts." Vytautas sits there, quietly again, although he picks up his dirty shield, beginning to wipe off the blood and mud. "I wouldn't want to know, I fear it too much. But, I survived, and I think I understood for a moment why he chose to work, living entirely off donations, its so that folks would never have a right to complain about his failure of service." He gives a very dry laugh, neither wincing in pain, nor smiling. "So I took upon his mantle, painting my gambeson the same as he did: yellow, the color of generosity. I did as he did, starting little more than a heavily-armed beggar, but soon I took to caravaneering again, although rather than whole caravans of these spineless merchants, I would only serve those who had little physical coinage to afford mercenaries to guard their caravans. Much of my time while doing this was spent up in the north, guarding shipments of food and equipment, in fact, that is how I got my scalemail here." He lifts a flap of the scalemail, jingling it for a moment, then returning to his shield. "A blacksmith who simply had a string of bad years offered the piece to me, in exchange I advertise his equipment for a year, and what's a better advertisement than a man armed in his equipment defending your precious cargo, for no cost other than perhaps some food?" His face returns to normal, offering up a weak smile. "I spent quite a lot of time doing this, the spear and shield fell in the same was as the 'mail did. It wasn't always quite this good though, there were months where I would live solely off hard, oat breads and alcohol of questionable quality, yet I continued onwards, and although my name is not widely recognized with the larger powers, I like to dream there might be at least one farmer who fondly remembers the time an Oserian defended his precious cattle for no charge." He looks at his shield, having wiped off most of the gunk, rotating it with his spear, Vytautas soon begins wiping the spear off the same. "Anyways, my apologies for bothering you with such a boring story, We'll be moving early tomorrow morning, I would hope we could at least cover more ground before serious snowfall begins." He points his dirtied spear at your wagon. "Go on, rest, I happen to be used to this kind of business."

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spares(if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each of the answered questions.

Question 2
You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

Answer: "I doubt turning back is much of an option, I'm sure the worker whom had hired me to protect him is exactly interested in that. Well, to be fair, the route is nearly over, if allowed to, I would immediately begin hunting for my next line of work. Surely there are others around us who are in need of a caravan guard such as myself, or if that is unlikely, I would spend time maintaining my equipment, after all, it comes from goodwill, a resource in very limited supply."

Question 4
In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

Answer: "I suppose it does sound odd, but I have little reason to feel remorse for the enemy ahead of me. I have no doubts that the man in front of me did the same for my allies, it is rarely the case to find someone bold enough to turn your back to one who is so obviously the enemy. He has chosen to fight and so have I, death is a natural consequence, and I doubt I would feel well to leave the man whom I am defending to fend for himself against the enemy I had sworn to fight for him."

Question 5
You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

Answer: "I have wandered Northern lands for a while, so I would hope I could, perhaps, find a smith or someone of the likes whom I had worked for at some point, surely they would be able to offer me accomodations, and if that were not possible, I suppose the best course of action would be to simply camp the night out. I am a caravan guard, after all, and while some of my tendencies may seem suicidal, I am not an idiot to not prepare for foul weather, especially in the north which I had wandered for so long."

GreenHarmony

Reviews Things
Staff member
Admin
Event Team Leader
Application Team Leader
Jan 8, 2016
Rīga

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

Please take note that the equipment in your backstory will not be with your character at the start of his journey & thank you for editing your skin in advance.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.