ACCEPTED NiceGuyMatthias's Application

Aug 30, 2019
United States
Part 1 of 4
Out of Character
Provide information about yourself here.

MineCraft Username(s):

Answer - _NiceGuyMattias_

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

Answer - 4e2bb25c-8e9c-4693-8a8c-978c17607e75

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Answer - 19

Have you read through our rules? (Found here)

Answer - I have.

Do you agree with our rules?

Answer - I do.

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Answer - I was researching Medieval Roleplay servers on Google, but wanted one with a Whitelist system, and found TOB.

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

Answer - I do.

Is there anything you would like to add?

Answer - I do not.

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
Answer these definitions using your own words. The definitions can be looked up if necessary, however copy-pasting is not allowed.
What do you define as roleplaying?

Answer - Immersing one's self-being into the environment around themselves. Becoming one with their character and acting as if it is themselves in that environment.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’

Answer - Using more than one character or resource to overcome a certain situation, in passive or in combat.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’

Answer - Using knowledge received via outside of an IC situation to use it within the IC situation itself.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

Answer - A character that is made to be quite literally the best at everything, making the character emulate the status of a God above all.

Part 3 of 4
Character Creation
Here you will create a character to use on our server.
Provide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.

Answer - 2019-08-30_14.52.43.jpg

Name:

Answer - Jor (Jorden) Agustus II

Answer - 27

Culture:

Answer - Oserian

Story & Biography:

Answer - Born from a family dedicated to Oserian Miltary, his father, a Sergeant in the ranks, now retired, and his mother a field medic, dedicated to the care and research of further helping of her people. Jor, short for Jorden (Pronounced like Your-den) was the offspring of the two, living a life of a hard working peasant, wanting to follow his family's footsteps and lay in glory to the service of his Higher lords. When coming at the soon temp of age, he visited his local garrison in search of the commander stationed there, and seek enlistment. He seeks to become a well know figure well within the ranks and make haste with title, maybe soon to outdo his father.

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spares(if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each of the answered questions.

Question 1
You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Answer: Jor would quickly come back to the rash reality, shakes his head and runs over to the woman, and inspects the wound, knowing some basic medical knowledge, a bare little, but maybe enough to help provide First Aid to the woman so that she can make it to some real help with a professional, he would rip some strips of clothing from his shirt and begin to wrap it around her to lay some pressure and keep the wound from bleeding more, he would then pick her up and yell for a doctor, whilst rushing her to a more safer area to work with.

Question 2
You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

Answer: If Jor did had some wares to sell, he would look around for those who would seek to trade or buy his wares. If trading is happening outside the walls, same as the Inside then why not do some shopping here as well?

Question 4
In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

Answer: Jor would push back and reform with the other men at his side, killing the wounded men would be rather pointless, and besides, he would of thought that he just lost a dear friend and they were doing the same job as he was, just doing his duty. It would be the most humane thing to do. My fellow brothers in arms need me more in reinforcing the line, other than slaying those who can't stand again and fight for themselves.

Attachments

Last edited:

GreenHarmony

Reviews Things
Staff member
Admin
Event Team Leader
Application Team Leader
Jan 8, 2016
Rīga

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

While not enough for me to hold your application, I'd like you to look into powergaming in a more thorough sense. Roleplay like you have provided in open ended question #1 might get you in trouble eventually! Talk to me over Discord if anything seems unclear.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.