United States
Part 1 of 4
OOC
MineCraft Username(s): TLNomad

How old are you? 26

What is your favourite colour? Blue or green

Have you read the rules? Yes

Do you fully agree to the rules and...
If yes, which is your favourite? I like the combat rules. I like that I don't have to be watching my back at all times.
If no, what would you change?

How did you hear about Tale of Banners? I googled LotR Minecraft servers

What is your previous roleplay experience? Sadly, my RP experience is mostly limited to pen and paper games like Dungeons and Dragons and Pathfinder. I haven't really done a computer RP. But I have been playing D&D for about seven years now.

Is there anything you would like to add?

Part 2 of 4

Terms & definitions

What is roleplaying? Playing as someone other than yourself. Becoming anther person who living in the environment you find yourself in.

What is powergaming? Ignoring story and interaction with the intent of gaining the most powerful character you can.

What is metagaming? Using knowledge that your character should not have.

What is a Mary-Sue? Someone who can do everything and has no flaws. AKA, Superman​

Part 3 of 4
Character
MineCraft skin's screenshot: skin_20170301180043164216.png

Name: Alex the Nomad

Race: Elf

Story & details:Not much is known about The Nomad. She wonders Middle Earth in search of heroes she deems worthy of following. When she finds one, she will join them on their quest and move heaven and earth to protect them. "Finding heroes and keeping them alive. That's what I do." She doesn't do it for the glory or the money. She sees it as her Valar given duty. One day, when she feels she's done enough, she will sail on to the Undying Lands. But today is not that day.

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spare(if applicable).

Q2
You're heading home after some drinking at the tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Rush to the woman's aid while calling for help. I'd take off my tunic and use it to apply pressure to her wound. If I'm not terribly drunk, after tying off the make-shift bandage, I take her up in a fireman's carry and bring her to the nearest healer. If I am terribly drunk, I'd try to find something to lay her on that I can drag.

Q3
You've gotten lost and wandered awhile, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

ask why it's unpleasant. If she avoids the question I think I'll just settle for being hungry for the night...

Q4
In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as he cradles one of his dead. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. He continues to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name is despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You...

leave him be. He seems to have lost his fight and it would be dishonorable to attack him when he's clutched in his grief.

Last edited by a moderator: Friday at 10:22 AM

NTE_Killer4life

Dec 17, 2015
USA
Hello, I am NTE_Killer4life and I am going to be reviewing your application today. Your application has been put on...

PENDING

• This is not a LOTR roleplaying server. We have our own lore that should be followed while creating a character.
  • Elves don't exist in the lore. Please consult this link to see the list of races. ( http://taleofbanners.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-drahl.23/ )
  • Age is too high.
  • Your character's backstory is not long enough. It needs a 2 paragraph minimum while being descriptive.
  • Your roleplaying scenarios are not descriptive enough.
Please fix the application referring to the bulleted points above. Failure to make the changes in 48 hours from the time of the review will result in DENIAL of the application. After that, you will have to wait 24 hours to post a new application.

Review date: 3/06/17 @ 1:25 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.