ACCEPTED OverlordSithius' Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2020
Australia
Part 1 of 4
Out of Character
Provide information about yourself here.

MineCraft Username(s):

Answer - OverlordSthius

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

Answer -4fd50245-3865-44fc-bb6c-055fcbb61799

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Answer - 16

Have you read through our rules? (Found here)

Answer - Yes

Do you agree with our rules?

Answer - Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Answer - Found it while searching on the internet

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

Answer - Yes

Is there anything you would like to add?

Answer -

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
Answer these definitions using your own words. The definitions can be looked up if necessary, however copy-pasting is not allowed.
What do you define as roleplaying?

Answer - Roleplaying is entering the shoes of another and acting as them to the best of your ability.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’

Answer - Powergaming is giving yourself an unfair advantage over others in roleplaying.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’

Answer - Metagaming is using information you've gathered out of character and using it in roleplay situations.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

Answer - A Mary Sue character is someone perfect in every way, no character/physical flaws at all.

Part 3 of 4
Character Creation
Here you will create a character to use on our server.
Provide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.

Answer -
download (1).png

Name:

Answer - Cyrus. Just Cyrus.

Answer - 32

Culture:

Answer - North Oserian

Story & Biography:

Answer - Cyrus grew up in Avendale as a lowly peasant, in a poor, unkempt orphanage . He was ostracized for his social standing, and because of this, he grew to desire climbing the ranks and money, of course. He would often get abused by the Head of the orphanage, Lady Lardess ("Lady Lard Ass" to Cyrus) who would use the orphans she gathered as practically slaves, forcing them to work and selling them off to the highest bidder. She broke his nose once whilst beating him with a metal rod and Cyrus would get his nose broken once again in a scrap with the older boys. By the time he was twelve, Cyrus finally snapped from the torment and killed Lady Lardess in her sleep by slitting her throat. He then proceeded to steal her various wealth and belonging and escaped into the night.

He found refuge in a tavern, and the owner, Greggor, took pity on him, allowing him to sleep in a bed in one of the rooms for free. Cyrus offered to help out in the tavern for the promise of a place to stay, and Greggor agreed. Cyrus helped out at the tavern, and showed his prowess for combat when defending the tavern from a thief. Greggor took note of his skill and suggested that Cyrus should become a sell sword. He agreed, receiving training from Greggor. Cyrus then left the tavern in search for jobs, and jobs he found. He would usually complete petty missions, stealing from peasants and killing some drunkards, but eventually, he'd establish himself as a proper mercenary.

After an encounter with some knights on one of his jobs, he decided to join the military and aim for the rank of knighthood, however unlikely that might be.

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spares(if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each of the answered questions.

Question 1
You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Answer: I take out my own weapon and engage in combat with the hooded figure. If they appear to be more skilled in combat, I flee. If I do win, I take the jewelry and get help for the woman, hoping that she'll reward me.

Question 2
You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

Answer: I bid my time, refraining myself from stealing from the refugees out of empathy.

Question 4
In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

Answer: I make quick work of him, slitting his throat and ending his misery. I then either flee from/attack the advancing enemy soldiers.

Last edited:

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.

If you wish to roleplay villainous actions similar to your backstory, please put in an intrigue application as well.

See our Discord for more information on the release.

Status
Not open for further replies.