Plauge Gondola's application

Jan 19, 2020
California
Out of Character
Provide information about yourself here.

MineCraft Username(s):

Answer - Plauge_Gondola

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

Answer - cbdb2b86-a13d-4ac9-83fb-3ee451d39b94

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Answer - 21

Have you read through our rules? (Found here)

Answer - yes, they sound reasonable

Do you agree with our rules?

Answer - yes as stated above

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Answer - I found out on google

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

Answer - yes at least half a dozen minecraft rp servers, 5 years of dnd, pathfinder, coc, etc.

Is there anything you would like to add?

Answer - due to my current occupation (us army) I may be offline for weeks if not months at a time and would like a potential exemption from the 1 month rule with proper warning given should this happen.

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
Answer these definitions using your own words. The definitions can be looked up if necessary, however copy-pasting is not allowed.
What do you define as roleplaying?

Answer - the action of being someone you are not to tell a story

Describe the term ‘powergaming’

Answer - "I am a god, bow to me mortals" (someone who only wants to win everyone else be damned)

Describe the term ‘metagaming’

Answer - when break down the 4th wall just so you can know some sweet sweet forbidden knowledge

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

Answer - I am a mater of all trades without ever training for anything. I am the thing you hate most. I am Mary sue the master

Part 3 of 4
Character Creation
Here you will create a character to use on our server.
Provide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.

Answer -

Name:

Answer - Faadil al-Noori

Answer - 21

Culture:

Answer - Korsian

Story & Biography:

Answer - [STORY TIME!]
Faadil never really knew what it was like to call a place home. Since the day he was but a baby his family had been nothing but wandering vagabonds. His father was always missing when night came, yet Faadil never understood why. Although his mother always knew why and told him the grand exploits of his father, how he was an agent for the sultans, a man of the shadows, a great warrior... a charlateton...
Faadil could hardly believe what he was hearing, much less coming from his own father. The idea that his father was a smuggler, a black market merchant and a "butcher" for hire didn't sit right. This wasn't the man his mother talked about, but on his 13th name day they decided their only son was old enough to know the truth. On that day Faadil received his first lesson, reality is often unkind and uncaring.
'What choice do I have? I could turn my back on my family but... how many enemies would I make? I could join my father but... how many men would want me dead?' The question was the hardest part, but the answer was easy. For what else can a vagabond do to stay alive? On that day Faadil chose to walk the darkest path he could, a path of lies, a path of danger, a path of death... but most importantly... a path of profit.
For the next 4 years Faadil learned how to walk the shadows with his father. He became a theving, dishonest man, a man his father would be proud of.
However things were not going to fine for long, his mother having passed away from a fever it left a void that could never be filled, a void that could be exploited. The following week Faadil truly learned what his father meant by "everyone and everything has a price. If there is demand for it, it will happen." Faadil never found out who wanted his father dead, he never found out the price that was paid, he didn't even know how it happened. All he knew was there was a price, a desire and a transaction.
This however is the nature of life. In a world long since abandoned by the sun god man is left to it's own devices. Such things are not the things to dwell on. Life goes on, weather you're there or not is another question.
Needless to say the last 4 years of his life has been rough. Who knew it would be hard to keep this up without connections?

[BIO]

(I know what you are thinking "oh great a dark and moody character with enough edge to make a finely honed sword look like a butter knife..." but let me stop you there.)
Faadil is a simple man a man that asks himself two questions "how can it kill me, and how much am I getting paid?"

Through and through he is an opportunistic "merchant" who defines right and wrong by how much he is paid and if he is still alive. For as dark as his life story sounds he doesn't give that impression to most people as he likes to present himself as a charismatic merchant, a friend for me and you... provided he can use you in some way.

Faadil is about 5'0" and rather skinny, is clothes look clean and well kept but beneath his clothes his skin tells a different story, scars, brands, tattoos and missing fingers (both ring fingers) expose how hard this life has been on him. If he's not in a back alley selling illicit goods he is often found in an inn enjoying dry smoke and a nice glass of wine as he attempts to broaden his clientele and business partners.

-if you have concerns please contact me and I will clear them up or change as needed-

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spares(if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each of the answered questions.

Question 1
You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Answer: ...Would continue to stumble off as it is none of my concern. The way I see it, it was her fault for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. If she lives it'll be a valuable lesson. If not the thief should he be caught may be hung for murder.

Question 2
You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

Answer: I would take the time sizing up my competition asking many questions about prices and inspecting good when allowed. If I don't make a friend with false promises of purchasing goods. If I can't make some new "friends" I'll definitely be able to undercut their business when I do set up shop.

Question 3
You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

Answer: I would ask why this is the case. If I didn't like what I hear I would pass on the offer and ask her of any other stalls that are more friendly to outsiders like me, even going so far as to bribe her if needed. Even if this fails sleep is the poor man's dinner after all and I can feast on that all night long if I must

Question 4
In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

Answer: ...Would say a prayer for the dead and tell him to act dead as my friends may not be so forgiving if they find him. I would then attempt to leave to get back to my own forces, war is hell enough as it is. What point is there in taking one more life?

Question 5
You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

Answer: I would present my self as I am. A poor lost soul seeking shelter in this harsh land. After making the case I am not here to harm the village in any way I would offer my services as a laborer for lodging and food till the storm passes. After all everything and everyone has a price.