Blue

Jun 4, 2020
Usa
The Tale of Banners Whitelist Application:

Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

Hannahex

-

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):5211c850-50d6-4a12-9210-8ebc572f21a8

-

What is your age? 35

(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

-

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

Yes

-

Do you agree with the server rules?

Yes

-

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

- Found you on the internet

Do you have any previous roleplay experience? Yes

I rp on Massive Craft. I had two caricatures I played on there. Amy Poliwag, a blond haired, straight arrow with a emotional half sister. Her half sister was of royalty and was great inconvenience. There was a trial for the separation of her sisters marriage, she was tasked with keeping an eye on her sister as she became suicidal, she worked with a dr that turned out to be a crazy criminal. Due to a crazy general they had to run away and go in to hiding.

The other caricature was a dr assistant. She got a job working for the crimson order. I loved that caricature. Because every one was getting turned in to ten foot cow people from a worm it became very boring.

I tried to rp on rolplay Craft but the town I settled in had no rp options.

I tried Norvery but it’s a completely dnd server. I found the amount of mods and amount of character work highly overwhelming and yet anticlimactic. They used three different mods but you only rolled dice to see if

or what you did.

-

Additional Information: (If any)

-

Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions

Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying? Rp is creating a story of some ones life. You than play out that person to finish the story. They may act, live, dress differently than you or they may not. You must be true to there story.

-

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words: using situations to strong arm events to your advantage.

-

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words: it’s when you use out of caricature information to influence in caricature events or decisions.

-

What is a "Mary-Sue" character? It is a basic character. Nothing defining could fit almost any server.

-

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

Out of caricature- should be used to when your not rp.

-

Section 3/4 - Character Creation

Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and

450D1F34-8534-43C1-B1AB-46E1A415B7D6.jpeg

Name: Pondoria Bescatia

-

-

Culture: Northern folk - the midlands and history in the great Northern summit

-

Can your character read and write?: Just her name. This is a big accomplishment for her.

-

Story & Biography

Pondoria Bescatia or pond as she is affectionately called, was born in to an average midland family on the 18 day, of the season of the sun, in the year of 984. She is tall, slender, brown hair and has striking blue eyes. Her father is a black smith and her mother ran there modest home. They lived in Flintwood when she was born. As a child she learned at the apron of her mother and hammer of her father. She was taught the ways of the five spirits. Her life was mostly ideal. It was an average childhood. She was the only child. And her parents doted on her.

Unbelievably hard times hit the family after the great death hit. Her father lost his business and her mother lost her sanity. It is still in dispute between the family how much was there originally regarding her mother. She keeps trying to grow pumpkins from potatoes. What is a pumpkin?

The family had to move to Flintwood in order to survive. This was before she was born. Her father picked up odd black smith jobs here and there. She longs to see where her family came from. The Jadorium of The Great Northern Summit. Pond has the adventurers itch. She wants to see new places, try new foods, and learn new ways. This at the blessing of her father. Her mother keeps asking her how to make things that do not exist. There living quarters have random and odd content from her mother. Who was her mother before the madness set in? Or was she always this mad? She often ponders this while tending to house chores.

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions

Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewelry on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition.

You...scream “THIFE THIFE!” At the top of my lungs I than rush to the woman check on her wounds. I see though it is a deep wound she can still stand. I than help her to her home and put a plaster of animal fat and herbs over her wound. Fix her tea and see that she is fine and on my way I go. Secretly I vow to find the monster. “When I do they will not even know he’s gone.” I chuckle insanely to my self. I may have had to much to drink.

-

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is

filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

I find a secluded spot, set up camp. Some place where I can see the whole place. Remain quiet and mostly unseen. I watch the comings and goings on of the camp.

-

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders.

You...take the food offer a “Thank you” and pre pare it as best I can. Think to my self “ at least it’s not my boots again.”

-

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier.

You.... swing my axe. It whizzes past the blubbering fool. Missing him entirely and hitting the dead. I than gruffly grab the prisoner dragging him off to our troop. I may be able to barter his life for something.

-

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few meters ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

Approach and try to find some kin folk. By the five spirits guiding you may your kin be found. It’s you dream to find someone of the family.

-

Application Version 1.2

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Your questions could have used more elaboration, but this is satisfactory.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.

Status
Not open for further replies.