DENIED poslos Application

Andy

Sep 30, 2019
USA (EST)
Provide information about yourself here.

MineCraft Username(s):

Answer - poslo

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

Answer - 9b44723a-fb44-45a7-9ada-b2a1af6a82bd

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Answer - 19

Have you read through our rules? (Found here)

Answer - Yep!

Do you agree with our rules?

Answer - Yep!

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Answer - I was loosing interest in LoTC and TC and was looking for a new roleplay server. I cam across this and it looked pretty good! I'm exited to possibly play.

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

Answer - Sure do! Lord of the craft (LOTC) And ThroneCraft (TC)

Is there anything you would like to add?

Answer - Just that I'm excited to possibly be apart of this!

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
Answer these definitions using your own words. The definitions can be looked up if necessary, however copy-pasting is not allowed.
What do you define as roleplaying?

Answer - Roleplaying is where you act as your persona. You can give your persona a personality, traits, etc.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’

Answer - Powergaming is where you preform an action that out rules your opponent and doesnt let them respond fairly. Ex - *He'd punch him so hard that Josh would fling into the air landing miles away*

Describe the term ‘metagaming’

Answer - Metagaming is where you share information about roleplay outside of RP. Ex - I would text Josh on discord saying we are getting raided

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

Answer - A "Mary-Sue" character is a character that just ruins the fun for others and ruins RP in general.

Part 3 of 4
Character Creation
Here you will create a character to use on our server.
Provide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.

Answer - 1569799767573.png

Name:

Answer - Roland Pierson

Answer - 17

Culture:

Answer - White, english backround

Story & Biography:

Answer - Roland was raised in a wealthy family, not quite noble, but wealthy. He lived a great childhood until his father joined the local militia and died... his mother was devastated and eventually killed herself due to depression and lost of will to live. When he moved on from his trauma he moved cities and worked at a small tavern until he got fired. Roland is currently looking for a job.

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spares(if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each of the answered questions.

Question 2
You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

Answer: I would find a quiet place to myself, preferably a back alley, and sit there working on making new wares or repairing old ones.

Question 3
You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

Answer: Eat it, there is no other choice, I would doubt there is any more food for me to find close by.

Question 5
You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

Answer: I would beg if thats what i came to. I know I would die if I didn't go there, so I would.

GreenHarmony

Reviews Things
Staff member
Admin
Event Team Leader
Application Team Leader
Jan 8, 2016
Arkham Asylum

Your application has been denied.

While in this state it is unsuitable for approving, you are welcome to try again.

The reasons for the denial are as follows:

1. Look more into Mary Sues/Gary Stus and elaborate accordingly.

2. Look more into the ToB culture lore and pick an appropriate one. They're found in the main lore forum.

3. Try to elaborate on your character's backstory. The loss of both parents early on isn't that mundane to go through. Describe how he coped with it and what kind of person it shaped him to be. You could do a lot with it, like recall the memories he had of his mother early on and consider helping her get through the loss.. and failing to do so? Maybe your character's and his mother's emotional distancing ever since the death. The canvas is yours.

4. Your open ended responses must be at least a paragraph each.

Should you choose to re-apply, please make a new application!