ACCEPTED PRTH's Whitelist Application

aspenzkia

Apr 8, 2017
Canada
Out of Character
Provide information about yourself here.

MineCraft Username(s):

Answer - PRTH

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

Answer - d1fe62ab-db2a-4d6a-a0a1-d43915e22918

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Answer - 15

Have you read through our rules? (Found here)

Answer - Yep

Do you agree with our rules?

Answer - Yep

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Answer - Good ol' Google

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

Answer - I've roleplay some on Elysium and Lord of the Craft, but I still have a lot to learn.

Is there anything you would like to add?

Answer - Nope
(I've seen servers use this area to make sure people read the rules and whatnot, but I did not see anything like that for this server so if that's a thing on this server I missed it, sorry.)

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
Answer these definitions using your own words. The definitions can be looked up if necessary, however copy-pasting is not allowed.
What do you define as roleplaying?

Answer - The imitation and acting of a character.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’

Answer - You decide the actions of another character

Describe the term ‘metagaming’

Answer - Using knowledge that my character shouldn't know during roleplay.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

Answer - A "perfect" character, with no flaws, etc,etc.

Part 3 of 4
Character Creation
Here you will create a character to use on our server.
Provide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.

1549958092613.png

Name:

Answer - Kai'ya Prethe

Answer - 24

Culture:

Answer - Korsian

Story & Biography:

{}start{}
Kai'ya Prethe spent a good portion of her current life in the grand jewel of the desert, the Emirate of Kharman. Growing up with a boring life, often found helping her mother with the unsatisfactory "family" business that relied only on fish, Kai'ya frequently found herself burdened with discomfort and boredom, craving the luxuries of the wealthier, upper-class lifestyle. Of course, with a mother who was living in a borrowed shack owned by an unknown noble, and a father who had taken off to enjoy the freedom and adventures of the world whilst trading many prized luxury items (leading to an absence of a father in her life), it seemed to be an almost impossible thought for her to ever get her chance to sprout and move on in life. With no help, her mother had often tried to "chain" her to their poor lifestyle, seemingly never wanting to Kai'ya to leave. Kai'ya's mother would often tell her stories, with the ultimate goal to make her dislike the thought of ever enjoying an adventure. This did not do anything but accelerate as well as motivate Kai'ya's desire to be free of fishing, and thus prompted Kai'ya's craving for wealth and freedom.
During the time Kai'ya turned fourteen, she found herself thinking more and more often of golden jewels and attractive clothing. She found herself wishing for a comfy bed, to live in a marble home, and to be able to drown herself in coin. She would often walk within the city and stare at the goods of merchant stalls, lusting over precious colored skirts and dresses, of apparent gold jewelry and pretty headbands. One day, she got the privilege of glimpsing a dirty, young peasant boy sneaking shiftily through the crowd of wealthy and poor, and before she knew what was happening the boy had snatched up some foreign resource and had been running away. He, of course, ended up getting caught (and quite quickly) by nearby guards, and therefore was sentenced a terrible punishment, but his attempted theft had sparked her with inspiration.
"What if I could steal my desires? My needs?"

"Surely I could do better than that rotten boy?"
Continued thoughts of attempting theft had run through her head more times than she could possibly count, and countless scenarios on what could happen if she was caught, how she would be punished. However, more thoughts that revealed to her what she would have if she
wasn't caught also ran through head, and thus her greed only grew with time and before she knew it, she was blending in with a heavy crowd, eyeing up a clothing stall which presented several skirts on its top. Heart racing, she had made a run for it, going to snatch a exotic turquoise and magenta skirt. It was only to her surprise when she felt the fabric in her hands and a burst of adrenaline running through her veins prompting her to run faster than ever before, through alleyways she had spent weeks memorizing. Hearing yells to "halt!" didn't cease her sprinting though, and through what seemed like forever she eventually found herself stopped behind a pillar in an empty clearing.
That singular piece of clothing was the most extravagant and expensive anything that she has ever touched. It was the only luxury piece of clothing she had to deem as her own, and t'was her most prized possession. It ignited her greed, her ever-evolving desire for fine arts, fine clothing, and fine accessories. Kai'ya would wear this skirt (after a few weeks, to just ensure that she would not be caught for stealing the fabric) to give the illusion that she lives of a higher standard than what's actually true. It was the most powerful and important she had felt in her entire life, with her noticing the ever slight but clearly apparent difference of behavior towards her from other lower classed folk.
Different treatment, however slight, motivated Kai'ya greatly. She ended up thinking about her faraway father, how he must be rich since he was a merchant and how if she became a merchant of a kind, she would obviously end up rich, and be able to purchase her way to a satisfactory and comfortable life. "Yes," she decided. "I'm going to be a merchant."
Years passed, soon Kai'ya was eighteen. Her goals had stayed the same; she was still wishing for wealth. She wanted nothing more than to live free, though within years her thoughts had altered somewhat.
"If I could at least live a different life without fishing, and not die in the mines," she found herself thinking, "maybe I could be slightly happier."
She found she could no longer stand fishing nor her uncomfortable life.
She wanted a job. She was going to get a job; and so she found a job.
Through low-quality posters, partial begging and barely any luck, she had gotten herself a position. She was to hang around where a good many boats would dock, and help any nobles and wealthy folk with unloading their containers and moving it to their desired position. Seeing uniquely colored tank tops and fancy materials presented ignited envy within her, though she could not deny how much she enjoyed her simple labor work. Even if it did not seem like much, she was quite happy with her servant-job.
Kai'ya's 22, and she had partly befriended one of her superiors.
"I can give you one chance to leave this place, one chance. If you do not take it now, I doubt you'd get an offer alike, least for a very long time."
Of course, she took that one chance. She was given a small sum of money, a week to gather what she saw fit to bring with her (not that she had much anyway), and then was to sail on a boat to a land she has never been: to the center of Esna, the Oserian Plains.
And off she went.
Kai'ya is now 24, she is a foreigner in a foreign land, and also a wannabe merchant. She still does not know quite what she's doing, has failed many times in the attempts of doing what is necessary to at least be considered a merchant (due to not having the appropriate sources to educate her on how to even begin to start a merchant's life). She cannot find valuable enough resources, does not know the best places to find valuable resources, nor to sell the rare rare resources she does find. She gets by on odd, small jobs and often gets lost. The common lifestyle of the Oserians is not what she is used to, and to say at the very least she is very anxious and confused on what to do. Being a merchant was much harder than she could have ever imagined, and she now often wishes for other chances to get by, and sometimes thinks that maybe a merchant's life is just not best for her.

Though, guess the only thing she can do now is hope for the best, and walk her path.

[I'm sorry this is so long, I hope this was okay.]

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spares(if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each of the answered questions.

Question 1
You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Kai'ya stumbled back and grasped the tavern wall, a wave of dizziness taking a hold of her. Going to look to where the hooded man had run, she glared after him, though made no comments. Turning back towards where was to be her desired destination, she took small steps forwards, still grasping the tavern wall for balance. Whilst going, Kai'ya peeked in the dark alleyway, squinting in order to hope improve her blurry and unreliable vision. She stopped her little movement and hung off the edge of the building, Kai'ya staring into the darkness once she saw the odd figure on the ground. Taking a few seconds before sense hit her in the head and she stumbled forwards towards the figure, hands held in front of her in an order to retain her balance. Shuffling to her knees next to the figure, her hands hovered above the assumed female's body for a few seconds, before moving jerkily to take off the figure's coat. "I think thees' be how ye' do it." Kai'ya said, whist attempting to wrap the coat around the figure's torso, though doing quite a poor job at it. Dizziness still danced within her vision as Kai'ya leaned above the figure, "oi's lassie, can you's hear me? Are you's okay?"

Question 2
You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

Kai'ya stalled in front of the guard, nervously doing awkward leg stretches by kicking each leg behind her one at a time; an odd nervous twitch of hers. "But are ye' sure I cannot be granted entry? Ye's positive? I's be clearly from here, a Korsian myself. How can you deny you's own people entry?" Kai'ya attempted to pout in the face of the guard. After clearly being denied, she groaned loud and clear, before turning around and heading to who knows where. She had seen the shopping stalls, and she had wanted to sell the little wares that she had, but she did not so much as trust the people she would be selling to. Despite that, she headed to a nearby vendor. "Fancy fella like ya' know where one could set up a stall? I's would be most grateful."

Question 3
You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

Kai'ya was confused. She had seen not any signs in any language she recognized, and therefore had no idea where she was, or how she even got to where is. She had walked through a seemingly village, where she was stared at. It wasn't until she had finally walked up to an old lady when she was finally replied to. Kai'ya was hungry, and at the offer of food it seemed almost impossible to deny. "I's wanna say yes-," her stomach grumbled, "But could's you tell me how it's could be unpleasant?" Hungry as she was, she did not trust the look of the village and wanted to at least be told what possible side affects could be casted upon her.

Last edited:

GreenHarmony

Reviews Things
Staff member
Application Team Leader
Jan 8, 2016
Arkham Asylum

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.
One of the best applications I've read so far, keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to seeing you in our community.
You will now be whitelisted on the server.
Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.