Scotland, UK
The Tale of Banners Whitelist Application:

Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

- TagTeamChampion

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

- 8b5dd29c-8af1-460b-bbbd-453bf007451c

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

- I have.

Do you agree with the server rules?

- I do.

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

- My friend sent me a link to the main website

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

- Played on a couple of MC RP servers a number of years ago. More recently i have played a lot of DnD; i play weekly with a group of other invested roleplayers.

Additional Information: (If any)

-
Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions
Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

- Roleplaying is inhabiting the headspace and perspective of a character other than yourself. You adopt their personality traits, behaviour, mannerisms, successes and failures and abandon your own while you are them.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

- Powergaming is doing and using everything at your disposal to give yourself an advantage, at the expense and to the detriment of roleplaying. Exploitation of game mechanics, metagaming (covered below) and attempting to dictate the actions of another player's character ("i chop his head off before he has time to react") would all constitute example of powergaming.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

- Metagaming is acting on knowledge you, as a player, possess, when your character does not have that information for themselves. It is usually done to give oneself an advantage. It is not a prerequisite to powergaming, but very often done alongside it.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

- A Mary Sue character is generally characterised by a lack of weaknesses and flaws. They are perfect in every way, to the point where they outshine everything around them. Usually the result of an idealised self insert.

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

- Out of Character. If you wish to speak Out of Character, you should use the /OOC chat to discuss. As covered in the rules, your character breaking the 4th wall is not enjoyable for other players.

Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

2020-06-22_15.39.03.png
Name:

- Mylo Dannak

Culture:

- Northern

Can your character read and write?:

- No, Mylo is currently illiterate. He is not opposed to learning how to.

Story & Biography (please go into detail, we recommend two paragraphs but expect at least one. Please outline character history, personality traits and the things that make your character unique. Have fun with this section!)

- Mylo was born in the North as the only child of a devout family of game trackers. His mother and father both taught him the basics of surviving in such an unforgiving land, but also how to properly pay reverence to the Five who afforded the Northerners the strength to prosper there. Learning how to track his quarry through the thick snow and deliver swift mercy to them went hand in hand with his teachings of the Way of the Five.

Growing up in the outskirts of his village, Mylo helped provide both meat and hides for the village alongside his father. When he turned 21, he left the village proper for a good few years, in order to truly test himself and his faith in the Five out in the harsh North. He made many trips between the disparate villages scattered across the frozen hills and dense taigas. When Rithgar came to the North, Mylo was waylaid, separated from his cousin Torvald after briefly meeting with him while he was returning from the Oserian plains. Taking the coming of Rithgar as an omen from the Five, Mylo has become more resolute in his faith than ever before, determined to regroup with his scattered family and prosper where others less pious would fail.

Standing at 6ft 2', Mylo is on the shorter side for one of the Northern Folk. His hair is a dark reddish brown, that he mostly keeps shaved at the sides, tying the long hairs on top into a ponytail which hangs past his neck. He has a pale complexion common among those of the north, but is not nearly as muscled as his brethren. His face sports an unkempt, scruffy beard which covers most of what little emotion it displays when interacting with others. His upbringing with sincere reverence of the Way of the Five has meant Mylo has difficulty with what to say in conversation when the topic is not focused on them. He will quite often take a step back from the conversation, listening to what others say, and occasionally (and awkwardly) offer guidance in the form of an allegorical example. Less reverent Northerners may find the behavior curious, while the other cultures may be confused.

Mylo considers himself proficient with a bow, having used one many times to take down local fauna in order to feed him and his kin. He dislikes close combat, and will often ensure he is far enough away from his enemy to avoid this. As such, his proficiency with swords, axes and the like leaves much to be desired when compared to other Northerners. This does not mean however that he will back away if cornered in close quarters; to do so would dishonor Hedren, merely that his expertise does not lie in the clashing of steel.

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

-"eat it anyway. Food is food, I'm hungry and I've definitely eaten worse" Mylo thinks to himself. He turns to meet the crone's gaze, and smiles sincerely. "I'm sure i'll be fine, but i appreciate the hospitality. A large helping please!" he tosses an extra Kura her way. If others sit with Mylo but do not eat for lack of funds, he will offer them this "food". "You must not throw wealth and food around while your brother starves".

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

- leave them to their mourning, regrouping with my allies. "I don't bother to finish them off; to do so would invite the wrath of Hedren, i expect they won't try to stab me in the back either, however naive that may be. I don't expect the same kindness from their comrades though: War is unkind, and i would be a fool to hold that against them." Mylo leaves the unfortunate soul to their grief. "I can only hope Elni takes pity on you soon" he says out loud.

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

- Seek out the eldest in the Village, and present myself as one of the Northern Folk. I will tell of the bond the Northern Folk share through Feynir and her worship, and offer my services in exchange for hospitality during this brutal snowstorm.
"If anything yet lives unabated by the snowfall outside, then you might find me useful in securing fresh game to weather this storm. I used to hunt to provide for my village, and i have not let my skills grow idle."

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Your definitions are very well written and are correct.

Your open ended questions provide detail and description and are well written.

All in all an excellent application! Well done!

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.

Status
Not open for further replies.