Questions About the Server

Doeelk

Apr 18, 2020
United States
Hi, my names Doeelk. I honestly don’t know if this is the right place to paste my questions but I couldn’t find somewhere better. I’m a new player and I’m thinking about applying for whitelist to join the server but I’m very confused and I just have a couple of questions. How many kingdoms are there and how do they work? Do you have to run to them? How survival based is the server? And where can I find all the cultures and perhaps a labeled map of the world so I know where I’m going and how to decide a place to be from? I’m sorry if this is a lot I was just wondering, thank you :)

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States
How many kingdoms are there and how do they work?
At the moment the server is just being prepared for release so there are none yet. For mechanics of planned kingdoms, see the systems section https://taleofbanners.com/forum/threads/nations-system.186/ (WORK IN PROGRESS - Nations system)
Do you have to run to them?
We are committed to allowing a separation between normal roleplay and those who choose to take part in the kingdoms system. If you wish to live out a normal life then you do not need to be involved in noble powerplay.
How survival based is the server?
The server is primarily focused on the roleplay experience first, traditional survival mechanics will give way to roleplay mechanics. Roleplaying survival is one of the focuses of this server. The economy will be rebalanced appropriately.
And where can I find all the cultures and perhaps a labeled map of the world so I know where I’m going and how to decide a place to be from?
Here is a link to all of our cultural lore. https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/cultural-lore.155/ (Cultural Lore) Our global map is in the nations system linked earlier. We are focusing on a smaller area for roleplay purposes in the initial release.
If you have more questions, we are easier to reach on Discord. I encourage you to look through the forums for anything else.