ACCEPTED Random_Anarchist's whitelist application.

Aug 26, 2018
Australia
Note: I have only just changed my Minecraft username today. I don't believe there will be any errors relating to this but I thought it important to at least mention it in case an issue does occur.

Part 1 of 4
Out of Character
Provide information about yourself here.

MineCraft Username(s):

Answer - Random_Anarchist

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

Answer - 847e01a0-374e-4707-a646-74871f900f2f

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Answer - 19

Have you read through our rules? (Found here)

Answer - Yes

Do you agree with our rules?

Answer - Yes I do

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Answer - A google search led me here

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

Answer - I have roleplayed on various Minecraft servers and also through other means such as Discord. On top of this I used to play a tabletop RPG known as Pendragon.

Is there anything you would like to add?

Answer - Not really, no.

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
Answer these definitions using your own words. The definitions can be looked up if necessary, however copy-pasting is not allowed.
What do you define as roleplaying?

Answer - Roleplaying is designing and acting out the life or events of a character usually done through text or the less popular LARP which includes dressing and portraying one's character through real life actions and discussions, though kept within a world of imagination.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’

Answer - Powergaming is when a player forces actions upon another player usually but not always related to combat. Usually it's done to assure a certain character gets their way or to ensure that no negative actions occur for the powergamer's character.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’

Answer - Metagaming is using information ascertained through out of character means in situations involving your character. Most commonly I find it's done when people don't properly take into account the setting of the roleplay and apply information that might seem like common knowledge today into the scenario despite the fact that those in the world would have no knowledge of the subject. However, it is most harmful when people take specific information from private messages or out of character discussions and use it to give their character advantages.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

Answer - A character who is overpowered and "perfect". Usually those who create such characters attempt to counter their power with unbalanced and annoying "weaknesses" which seem to be in place to make others feel some sort of sympathy for the character (or at least attempt this result).

Part 3 of 4
Character Creation
Here you will create a character to use on our server.
Provide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.

Answer -

Name:

Answer - Fechin Fintan

Answer - 20

Culture:

Answer - Drahl (Crookmen)

Story & Biography:

Answer - Born as what some cultures would refer to as a 'bastard', Fechin was never told anything about his father beyond that he was from "outside the collective". Given a curious mind, however, he never stopped trying to ascertain more information about who he was or even where he came from. His information supplies were limited, hearing a story from a local who had supposedly spoken to travellers to brief conversations with the very few outsiders who managed to gain the trust of the collective. Over time the boy's curiosity and sometimes absent mind became an issue to others in the collective, accusing him of being dull, weak, and even untrustworthy. His mother strongly defended against these claims and took it upon herself to guide the boy into a more suitable member of the community.

Surprisingly, the young boy took well to this new path of life to a degree that the rest of the community eased their critique of the child and eventually Fechin grew old enough to understand his role in life and began finding other ways to satiate his curious and adventurous mind, though he never could fully get rid of his desires to explore beyond his homeland and see the rest of the world.

By the time he was fourteen he had lost his mother and was living an otherwise normal life, doing a satisfactory job as a hunter and gatherer, picking up various titbits of information and knowledge but mainly focusing on his life as a hunter of animals and gatherer of herbs, gaining a reputation for living a reclusive life outside of his work. One day while out hunting he came across a peculiar sight so deep in the swamp, a group of diverse travellers. Finding this to be the opportunity he had been waiting for his whole life he asked to join them and, with his skill as a hunter, they allowed him to accompany them.

In the following years Fechin experienced the life he always dreamed of, travelling all across Esna with the group and gaining knowledge about many things which he kept detailed in the pages of journals. On top of this he became good friends with those he travelled with, learning many things from them despite his own lack of social norms. One thing he began to notice through the years of travel was how miserable so many people seemed to be, how much strife existed in the world, and how much suffering countless people endured. Over time he became less interested in different experiences and learning and became more invested in helping those he could. Eventually he decided to leave the group he travelled with, though he held no negative feelings towards them he believed that he could do more to help people on his own and would rather let the travellers explore and discover as they wished without his own ambitions holding the group back. They understood and, after a final night of celebrating his time with the group, Fechin set off on his own, hoping to spread help to those in need.

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spares(if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each of the answered questions.

Question 1
You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Answer: A brief glance towards the thief left me conflicted, though it didn't take me long to think more rationally and decide what I should do. After all, stopping the thief at this point would accomplish little to nothing even if I did manage it. Instead I looked briefly around to assure no one's attention had been drawn and made my way towards the collapsed woman. I had no intentions of malicious actions, but Oserians would likely not care about a proper investigation if they saw a Drahl over a dying woman. I stopped next to her, I knew she would be dead soon and that I couldn't stop that, I pushed it aside for the time being as I gently went to take the woman's hand, attempting a gentle smile as I watched her gaze match mine before slowly losing focus. I released my grip and closed her eyelids, my gaze moving to my bloodied hand which I slid into my pocket and walked away, hoping that what little I could do gave her some comfort in her final moments. No one should die alone.

Question 2
You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

Answer: In discomfort in my crowded surroundings I decided to wander around the camp in search of those I could aid, after giving a small amount of my wares to the hungry or ill and spending quite a large portion of time reuniting kids with family members they had lost I decided to retire closer to my cart both to keep watch over my wares and so I could access them if I needed to share some with others. I would continue the routine of wandering out frequently to check up on people and doing a small amount of trading if I noticed something interesting until my time in the crowded camp would thankfully be up.

Question 5
You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

Answer: I would take action to make sure the northerners wouldn't attack me, making it obvious that I'm not a threat or at least attempting to. After hopefully succeeding in this initially I would proceed to ask about anything they need help with, even odd jobs. Hopefully I would manage to do enough for them to not consider them taking me in to be against their better interest. Of course, should I fail to properly make it through to them I would be forced to try to survive out in the wilderness, in which case I would hope I'm lucky enough to find a nearby cave at the very least to give me a slight chance of survival.

GreenHarmony

Reviews Things
Staff member
Admin
Event Team Leader
Application Team Leader
Jan 8, 2016
Arkham Asylum

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.
You will now be whitelisted on the server.
Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.