Answer - ReversedNumerals

Full UUID for your MineCraftian account:

Answer - 56993c21-1e91-4082-a350-7dda902a584d

How old are you?

Answer - 18

Have you read through our rules?

Answer - Aye! I have.

Do you agree with our rules?

Answer - Rules so fair and fine that I can not resist to swear my soul upon. I concur!

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Answer - Ah - Through a search of adventure whilst me was claimed by boredom!

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

Answer - Roleplay? Whatst this roleplay you speakst of? Hah! Sounds like some riff raff puppetry to me.

Is there anything you would like to add?

Answer - Say, I seek the greatest of adventures that offer thrill to my heart and may allow me to cheer in great wonder. I wish to create memories to last and look back upon when I shall smile and say, "The good ol' days".

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
W
hat do you define as roleplaying?

Answer - Roleplaying to me is simply becoming or enacting a character constructed from one's imagination to contribute in a ongoing this-worldly story.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’

Answer - As the name implies, powergaming would be to utilize too much power or the speeding of a process in order to achieve one's objective. The roleplay immersion is often broken during powergaming as events are blurred to the final outcome.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’

Answer - Metagaming would be to apply knowledge from an OOC source to a character in roleplay.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

Answer - Mary-Sues are perfect. They're characters that lack in flaw, idealized, and usually get their ways in one way or another due to their perfection in every aspect regarding the situation. A Mary-Sue character would have a roleplay scenario lean towards his or her favor because of this.

Part 3 of 4
Character Creation
P
rovide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.

Answer - I know it may seem odd...

King Rev.png

But hear me out!

Name:

Answer - Sir Quack Quack

Answer - 21

Culture:

Answer - Drahl

Story & Biography:

Answer - Neither of Cookmen's flesh nor of the Grulk's blood, Sir Quack Quack has been often been remarked on for his unique physique and biology. But besides his appearance, he is a true Drahl-folk indeed. Born and raised in the marshy habitat of Crookmire swamp, Sir Quack Quack was a mere duckling splashing around in the muddy puddles common to the region when he was abduckted (pun-intended) by a Krelkan hunter. The duckling struggled to break free from the cold iron bars of the small animal cage that confined him, as it was brought to the hunter's hut that was concealed in a settlement previously ransacked by a group of wild Grulk. A black cloak was drenched over the cage and disallowed the duckling to observe what was around him... but from the squealing and whimpering sounds that could be heard through the cloak, the duckling was able to discern that there were other animals other than him who were also captured by the hunter. Day after day passed and the duckling was overwhelmed by hunger. Suddenly, the black cloak of his cage was lifted slightly and a fistful of strange colorful herbs was thrown at his webbed feeties by a gloved hand. Startled, the duckling backed away from the herbs and observed them carefully as if they were to come alive for some reason. Nevertheless, hunger consumed the duckling's mind and it slowly began to approach the herbs in a cautious manner. It reached towards the plants with its bill and snatched one up! Then another... and another. The herbs were bitter and sickly sweet in tasting, but enough to satisfy the duckling after a long fasting. A laughter could be heard amongst the critters... It was a cold laugh. A laugh that belonged to someone of evil will. The duckling quacked in pain. It looked at its wing and was alarmed by the venous muscles growing steadily on them. It felt dizzy. Its body was warm. In the background, the sinister laughter increased as the screeching of animals became almost deafening. "Finally!", the hunter roared in joy. "I have found it! After years wandering in these swamps, I have finally found it!". Still struggling in pain, the duckling seemed to understand the man's words as it tilted its head towards the voice and gave a quack that sounded too close to "what?". But the hunter didn't seem to hear and continued on with his rambles. "It was the Hydrothyria Red Waxy Cap all along! But it seems that the one I picked was a rare breed. Hah! Nevertheless, the results are satisfactory. Imagine the amount of Kuras I would make with these genetically modified animals! Ho ho! I might even be able to get a girlfriend!". As the hunter went on and on with his fantasies, he failed to realize that something quite peculiar was happening... The cage that withheld the duckling was broken and a strange shadow loomed over him. The hunter snapped his head to where the shadow was coming from and shouted, "Who's there?!". Standing before him was a 5 feet tall humanoid duck that stared right in his eyes with a burning malice. The hunter grew pale and backed away from the creature. "Wha-", the hunter began to say before it was punched straight in the face by the creature. The blow was so strong to the head that the hunter fell and immediately passed out. What once a duckling was a duckling no more. The herbs that were consumed by the duckling were a mixed breed of Zavo, Rotroot, the Mind Mushroom and Holy Herbs of Tsarra. The creature looked around at its surroundings. There were all kinds of wildlife entrapped in cages now watching the creature in a mixture of awe and shock. The creature took a deep breath and tilted its head down. It has legs. The creature raised the fist that had knocked the hunter out. It has arms. It was then that the creature realized that it had taken up the body and mind of a man due to the adverse effects of the herbs. It freed the other animals from their cages and tied up the hunter with a rope before leaving the hunter's hut. Rain poured down from below the clouded skies. The creature walked upon a gravel road with no clear destination in mind. A cart was seen in this distance traveling towards the creature's direction. It was a merchant in a caravan, delivering goods across Esna. The merchant stopped his horses that pulled the caravan when he noticed the creature. "Sir!", the merchant called to him. The creature turned its head towards the man in the cart. "The rain be pourin' down hard. Ya be catchin' a cold if ya walk butt naked on these roads. There's a tavern ahead. 'Ere, I'll pitch ya a ride." The creature nodded as if it understood what was said to him. It climbed onto the back of the caravan where a wide variety of goods were stored. "Now me eyes ain't be good from em' olden days, heh heh, but that's some yellow skin ya got on ya, eh? Tell me, what's your name?". The creature thought for a while. "Sir", it managed. The merchant driving the caravan replied in confusion, "What?". "Sir Quack Quack", the creature finished.

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions

Question 1
You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewelry on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Answer: ... follow the thief in pursuit! ... in hopes of having a share of the loot of course! I'll pretend that I'm an ally to the thief and aid in his escape from the scene. Since I have no healing or medical experience, my stay with the wounded victim would be in vain. Someone else would notice her and call for help as she is not too far from the tavern I just came out of. I'll follow the thief to wherever he goes and pretend that I am helping him. If the thief threatens me to back off or asks me who I am, I'll reply by claiming that I am a leader of a group of savages in Oseria and it is in my best interest to help a fleeing thief. If the thief takes my bluff, I'll continue to accompany him and when he lets his guard down, I'll take the jewelry from him. That'll buy me more drinks at the tavern, ho ho!

Question 3
You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

Answer: ... think to myself that even though my origins are from the very same lands of Drahl, the food that the ol' crone is offering may be poisonous or affect me in a negative way. I'll consider the possibility that I could be offered something that might affect my state of mind, which would make me vulnerable. Drahl is known for its illegal herb cultivation after all. This ol' crone that's trying to sell me the food could be a Skev for all I know. I wouldn't trust it. However... she did give me a warning, so perhaps my speculations may all be wrong, but I'll still be cautious. I'll pity her a bit and buy the food she offered me, but I would not consume it.

Question 4
In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

Answer: ... ask the despaired soldier what he would do in my situation. Regardless of his answer, I would not grant him mercy. This is war. The soldier could be pent up in resentment for his fallen comrade and seek to slaughter me or my allies in the bloody future if I were to let him go. An enemy to my king is an enemy to me. If I do not act now, I may regret it for the very same situation that the enemy soldier is suffering may be brought by him to me. With my weapon that I have probably sworn to use for my king, I shall swiftly end the enemy soldier's life so that he may join his brethren in peace and retreat back before the enemy forces close in. Honor. Courage. Commitment.

Last edited:

Verando

Lore Team Leader
Staff member
Lore Team Leader
Application Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Your application has been denied.
While in this state it is unsuitable for approving, you are welcome to try again.
The reasons for the denial are as follows:
1. This server is looking to be a serious roleplay experience, and your initial answers, although pleasurable to read, do not really give me an impression of an intention to fit with this goal.
2. Your Metagaming definition can be expanded upon
3. I don't think a duck fits in with the serious roleplay, even if there is some way for it to come about existing in the world.
4. Genetic modification is...pretty scarce on Esna, I believe impossible with the practices of the people of Esna, and no combination of herbs would have the properties to make a duck-man.
5. I'll be honest, extremely impressed by the writing style and the vigor, but as said earlier, I cannot envision a duck man in this setting. Your duck-man also lacks any characterization of his actions, beyond him being a duck.
6. The way your character acts doesn't seem consistent in the open-ended questions. In one he runs after a thief to share in the spoils, in another he ends it with "Honor. Courage. Commitment."
Should you choose to re-apply, please make a new application!

You can also contact me through Discord for help with your next application.