Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States
pagebottom.gif bd97d8f1d001afa161013653327b1e0e.jpg

Previous Occupations: Berserker and Raider of Longwinter's Ravagers, Hunter and Skinner
Clan: None left after the great blizzard killed them all, he thinks anyway. He misses his father and his brothers onboard the ship.
Birthday: Year of Hedren, Dead of Winter
Wealth: He has a house in Valdarr, and enough money for a few years of taxes and some drinks. A lot of Drinks
Talents/Skills: Shitty eyes, but great instincts on the prowl.
Relationship skills: Rudolf is blunt but friendly. He does not mean genuine ill will but has the spirit to stop you from something if you are against him.

celtic-paperchains2.jpg
Physical Characteristics:

Height: 6’0”
Weight: 190 Lbs
Race: Northerner
Eye Color: Hazel
Hair Color: Dirty Blonde
Skin color: Pale as a moon.
Shape of Face: Rough and lean, pointed.
Distinguishing Features: His mohawk ponytail and wolf cloak. He has several tattoos on his right arm of a dragon. His pegged leg.
Build: He is stocky and with relatively thin legs. His form is slightly muscular, and no bones protruding now.
Tattoo: Tattoo of Hedren, the spirit of the warrior.
Disabilities: His leg was injured after descending a mountain too quickly. It was finally cut off after an encounter with a butcher.
Viking-Braids-For-Men.jpg
viking-bear-tattoo.jpg
b388cc7a924a460ddce66bbc509a5395.jpg
celtic-paperchains2.jpg
Behaviors & Knowledge Characteristics
Mannerisms: Has begun to laugh loudly, and is very boisterous in general, seeking to be the center of attention.
Habits: (smoking, drinking, etc.): Drinks frequently, so long as the drink is strong enough. He will try almost anything at least once and has a lessened Zavo addiction.
Hobbies: Enjoys hunting and drinking. He will also freely share his zavo and other products so long as he has some remaining for himself.
Favorite Sayings: "I'll stick it up yer arse!"
Speech patterns: Gruff, Rough, to the point.
Mental Illness: Rudolf has little care for anyone besides himself. He sees no wrong in committing violent acts against others but doesn't go out of his way for it.
Style: He dresses in the furs of the animals he catches, and is generally shabby.
Reading and Writing: Cannot read or write, and doesn't see them as worthwhile
Educational Background: Was educated in fighting during his time with northern raiders. He has since learned to hunt with his bow in Flintswood. He has learned to work with wood onboard his ship, and has taught himself how to do so to a greater extent.
Intelligence Level: Rudolf has discovered he's a bit smarter when it comes to life, but he ain' book smart at all.
Learning Experiences: When the blizzard came and destroyed his clan and fellow raiders, Rudolf set out on his own, and never looked back.
Languages: Norvian spoken, Sign Language
celtic-paperchains2.jpg
Beliefs & Goals
Religion: Northerner who believes in the five. Hedren used to be his most valued of the five, but it has switched to Vilnius over time, due to his hunting prowess. He believes Feynir may be blessing him, and feels guilty for cursing her.
Political Beliefs: He does not care for politics but believes so long as whoever is in power allows him to do as he wishes, he is fine. He does care about the current king.
Philosophy: He believes that one should be free to live his life free from other's prying eyes. He believes in comraderie.
Perception of Himself: He feels some real joy in helping the lads in their conflict with each other, and enjoys their company.
Perception of Others about Himself: He generally believes that others see him as an aggressive, yet loveable asshole.
Goals for Now: Build a great big beautiful wall and help the lads get along.
Goals for Life: Find a new ship and die upon it belly full with a lass in his bed.
Happiness: Rudolf feels happy when he is helping the lads, and when he is partying with them. They remind him of his relationship with his father, although now reversed.
Other Traits: Rudolf is brash, crude, friendly, and highly driven to rage and joy.
celtic-paperchains2.jpg
Relationships
Best to worst
Jasper Finton: Jasper, Rudolf has a newfound respect for you. You have earned his utmost trust through your actions. He would almost consider you a surrogate son of sorts. Needs to learn not to go behind his brother's back because he thinks he isn't good enough. Aye, Jasper, ye be a good lad, but ye need t' know something, y' be too kind to th' outsiders. Theys'lll take advantage of ye. Is'll need to talk to ye about yer bowin' te' Mara.
Asher Finton: Although Asher is a true northerner, Rudolf sees Asher as being too involved in politics. He's a solid man though who has offered Rudolf things in the past. If Asher could stoke his anger and his fierceness, and use them productively, he could do some good. He has fallen too into the Oserian woman. If he can make something of the relationship, maybe it has a chance, but watch it closely. Needs to lay off his brother's protectiveness. He needs to be helped.
Merni: Rudolf sees Merni as a valuable friend when he has lost all others. He enjoys drinking in his tavern. Merni is a bit weak for his liking, not truly a northerner fighter, but not everyone can be. He makes valuable mead, and as such Rudolf sees him amicably. He has helped Rudolf through tough situations in the past, and Rudolf feels Merni is reliable.
Rowan: Rudolf sees Rowan as a Northerner not born Northern. He is a good man, and a valuable friend and ally. He is a little quiet, but Rudolf doesn't mind the company
Michael J. Thornsberry: Michael, suprisingly alright for a Korsian. Still too politically motivated and too easily sticks his neck into things, but he knows a good time. When drunk Rudolf is happy to talk to the man.
Zaid Naiman: Good man with good stuff! Not afraid to get down and dirty. Raider of the land is welcome! He has also helped Rudolf with his troubles, and gains a plus in his book. He is helping Rudolf build the wall and although Rudolf thinks he is quiet, He does seem driven. I wish ye luck in the afterlife ye bastard, for ye were a hearty drahl.
Liliana: The lad seems to like her. She seems good for him. Aye, they's were married, and so she's a good lass indeed, but I's hope that she keeps the lads' head on 'is shoulders.
Junica Ravenwood: She's still a bit stuck up and needs to let loose, but overall a wonderful lass. She seems she knows how to carry herself. Smarter than Rudolf, that's for sure. He wishes she wouldn't be so close to Genevieve.
Avarice Ward: She's a bit prude, but a nice lass who's just a bit shy. No need to bother her, Rudolf ain't her type of person. Friendly lass.
Saman: Nice lass, not over aggressive, don't know her well but she's got a good head on her shoulders.
Ika: Small drahl, puny, but not too odd. Seems not to be scared of Rudolf, so that's a plus.
Alexandre: Energetic, up for a drink, good man!
Lord Tektrill: NOT MET. He has heard of Tektrill, and while he is a southerner who wishes to be a lord of the North, Rudolf has yet to form an official opinion.
Haradier: Don't know much about him. Religious preacher from the south though, so that's a minus.
Vytautas: Bit of a bastard to the lads, but he ain' a bad man.
Mara-Lee Chabot: Aye, this lady seems to have it out for aggressive folk, and seems to be talking a big walk due to her wealth she took off em. Don't know if I like her yet or hate her. She gave mea good drink, and she seems amicable. I LIKE HER!... Cancel that. Th' Lass is too ambitious. Aye, sh' wants te' take th' north from the northerners. That won' do at all. Maybe I's can speak some sense, but I's gonna be headin away from rule by a Drahl. I's rather would 'ave norvaskr for northerners, but I's don' see 'er as an option. I'sll need te' speak t' Jasper on thisun.
Volkhner: Can't understand his accent hardly, doesn't know his name due to this, but this guy is a bit weasely for Rudolf.

Genevieve Clements: A physically attractive woman with a personality that does not excite Rudolf. Clearly she doesn't care for his kind and presents herself warmer than she actually is. She didn't hesitate to tell him how he could hurt Jasper. Maybe not so bad, she seems somewhat genuine, if a bit too prude. She has just shown me her truth. She must be removed to help the boys. She left, and aye, that is good. Is'd rather not see ye again.
celtic-paperchains2.jpg
norse-explorers-arturas-slapsys.jpg
His Story
"Eight times we crossed the sea, but not once did we think we could lose everything that fast."
Rudolf turns to the blank-faced lad in front of him and looks curiously for but a moment. "Hmmm, are ye' sure ye' want to hear this lad? It involves all manner of dirty shite and gore. Fekin' corpses everywhere, and a moving corpse or two. "Alright, if ye got the stomach for it..."

Well, let me think... First thing I remember 'earin bout meself was that I's born to be a warrior, according to me mother bear. Aye, she was tough herself, and me' father Gunnar was one of the best sea raiders out there. Born year of the bear, though it has yet to do much for me. Me mum told me in me' second year she left me outside for a whole day to fend for myself. When I got back to Norvaskr, I'd apparently killed a chicken or somethin'. I s'pose she's right though, don't recall much 'f course. Father said I nearly scarfed me' mother's breast down and he 'ad to basically bite my hand to get some for hisself. My earliest memory was probably... I'd say age 6, around there anywho. Me' father'd come back from a raid and had a giant gash across his 'ole fuckin chest. I'd 'ad to fetch some water and yell to th' medicine lady. I'll be honest with you lad... I's fuckin terrified that night, only night I think I could say that. Oh well... Anyway's, I's off track again. I remembered it cause I always told meself that I'd never let any fuckin' dickin asshead get another hit into me dad.

I started workin me muscles, I 'member that, hah! Musta been two or three years later I's climbing the snowy trees jus south of Norvaskr and fuckin stabbin the small rabbits that I could. Lil' bastards deserved it, and I brought home some food. Me pa was still out raidin of course, and me mum would be cookin' and cleanin' an' the like. I'd spend me days jus with me lil bow and arrow set and me knife. When it was extra cold in th' summit I'd carve a few statues in me spare time. I'd never cared for it, but me mum said it brought in some extra food. I jus sorta said alright then. Me father'd come home every ... two months or so I think. I's not so good with times so I think that's right. Anyways, pretty normal childhood. Although there was this time me friend Harold got caught in King Jorrvin Longwinter's lard once. He ended up spilling a bunch of Korsian oil all over the fekin floor and a bunch of the guards smacked to the floor as he ran.. Oh hell that was fun. I'd been watching just outside, and the bastards nearly caught me until I told em that I's just a servant, they didn't buy it for but a moment, but it was enough time to run. We hadn't taken much so they didn' run after us too much.

I's gettin a bit older at that point, I think.... like 11... ish. Had a small gang of lads I hanged around, not too different from yerself. We would 'ead onto the mountain and mess around in the old caverns. We even 'ad a run in with a bunch o Grulks after Bormir left some jerky in his pouch. We had to throw it to the basta'ds jus' so they wouldn' try to take him for a wife. Wasn' the only thing we got in trouble for though. We also would mess around with the garrison quite a bit. We'd steal off the foreigners in town cause they weren't exactly the most aware folks, we'd also grab fallen cones from Popserry trees and throw them at people. They'd get the little thorns stuck to their coats and they'd be super pissed. Sometimes they'd chase us and we'd head to this small open bank in the snow too small for most people. By the five those were fun times.

O' Course, shite hardly stays the same. Eventually my time had come to grow into a man. I's was 14 'fore too long, and when ye get that age, it means that yer needed to start taking up a man's job. Me father'd gotten home from his latest voyage, with gold and silver bountiful upon his vessel. I's always wanted to head to the sea with him, infact, I'd stared as he'd left many times. It wasn' hard to convince him, infact, I's pretty sure the bastard smiled at me. I packed all my shite, and said me goodbyes to me mother. With a trusty bow and a dull axe, I looked out to me father for his strength and experience. Wasn' too long afore the voyage had a target. We's was stopping near a village outside o' Telth for its riches. Korsian's were usually good targets if ye stayed away from their navy. Burned nearly the entire thing to th' ground, but we managed to grab all sorts of silver and golden goodies. I'd only had to fire me bow a few times, but what a rush it was.

We'd fill our ship up till its fully laden, gold, furs, spices, and all sorts of goodies that ye couldn' find in th' north. With our bellies full, just as our ship, we headed back north. We'd relax for maybe a month 'fore headin out to sea again. We did maybe, eight full journies without any problems, back and forth. I'd gone from a young lad o' 14 to a man of 24 by that time, ten long years spent at sea, and I loved em all. Natural with my bow, shooting basta'ds on their ships from afar. Me father had even been promoted to armormaster o' the ship, and started teaching me numbers. I'd love those times, and I didn' know shite could transform so fast.

Rithgar. Eight times we crossed the sea, but not once did we think we could lose everything that fast. We's at sea when the blizzard got worse, coming through the shattered isles when our ship hit the rocks.... I's never found me father's body amidst the wreckage. *Rudolf goes silent for a moment as he wipes his face.* I just managed to find one barrel of shite to survive with and me bow. I stayed in the rocks for nearly a month just looking everywhere, but I couldn' see him. I knew if I stayed longer, I'd starve, so I went southward, into the Flintswood. Rains were heavy but at least the animals were still out on occasions. I'd already hunted when I's younger, and me aim was only better since then. It all flowed back into me, all those years of troublemaking paid off.

Flintswood was a good home for the Blizzard, as the Trees made a good canopy against the constant storm. It was cold, but with all the animals, finding fur was easy. I'd wanted to travel back to Norvaskr, but it was too harsh. Every time I went westward, I'd been stopped in the Melting lands border. I tried going south one day, only to run into Oserian guardsmen. Bastards were looking for something, maybe someone. I's wasn't sure. I watched for a minute fore they spotted me. They chased me into the woods, but I's had plenty of time to learn me footing by then. I ran westward for awhile until I thought I'd lost them. O' course, I still stayed in the woods, but I saw no other Oserians afterwards. 'Twas maybe... two years 'fore the blizzard eased up enough for me to head westward past the Melting lands towards Norvaskr proper, but by that time, I'd seen northerners back in Valdarr.

O course, I'd been to Valdarr fairly recently, and it was entirely ruined, so it was suprising to see. I'd asked a fellow named Merni where they'd come from, and he'd said Norvaskr. I knew it was still there for a moment, until he told me the heaviest news I'd heard. The city had been buried under the snow, most were dead. I lead my new companions around to some of the oddities of the melting lands, but I ended up injuring me leg in the process. O course, it didn' hurt much at first. I'd had to leave though, and I went westward, to Norvaskr. By the time I'd arrived there was only the very roofs of the broken houses. The ground was so much higher than I'd remembered as well. I went to where my old home lied, and all I could see was a small chimney. There was no way to dig into that much snow though. Surely, she was dead. I remember... sitting there... I couldn't do anything. I was powerless to stop her death, or my father's. There was nothing left for me in Norvaskr. I packed up my things and went back to Valdarr.

Since I'd seen Norvaskr, my leg had been feeling worse and worse. I's not sure what the problem was, but I could barely stand on it anymore, it felt as though it was rotting away, but I couldn' see anything. Luckily I had some companions to help me build up me new house. I'd bought some wood using some of the goods I'd traded away. Luckily, my skills repairing our ship as a ravager helped me here, and I found that I had a natural talent for carpentry and woodworking. So I stayed as in Valdarr for my time. Eventually I had me leg chopped off by a giant butcher not too long ago, thank the five, it was really hurtin. To be honest though, I think I'm better off without it.

I's ended being involved with a set of men known as the Finton's, first getting to know 'em during me cannibal imprisonment. Aye, that's where I lost me leg. I first met Jasper, and although the lad was measured, I could see that he was trying to be a kind soul, but had some darker shite he couldn't handle. I's also met Jasper's brother, Asher, who was a good young warrior. Th' lad had a good sense o' himself, and was not shameful o hisself. I's can respect a man like tha'. If his violence could be directed, he might make an 'alf decent king. I's not one for politics though, but th' lad figured th' same thing. Asher decided to claim himself King of Valdarr. I's was caught in the middle o' th' whole mess when th' bastard asked me to be his Warden. His warden! I couldn't even read or write, let alone lead men. O' course it was Jasper that came with th' offer, and I told him it was stupid as he was if 'e thought it was good. Bastard lashed out, angry as all hell, but it was interestin. I's also refused Asher 'imself later, but I's told him that I's could think the Ravenwood lady would make a better fit.

Asher ended acceptin' her as th' warden, and I offered myself to be the builder, since I'd already been building th' town up till that point. O course, this was after a big scuffle I only learned about later. I's headed off to think. Many things ran through me 'ead, mostly on Jasper. E'd been doin everythin for everyon' except 'imself. Th' lad needed to look out for 'imself, and he needed to throttle his rage. I's 'eaded to the tavern and talked with me good friends Merni and Rowan. When a drahl woman walked in with a heavy drink I swung it down, but I'd been thinkin, bout the lad. He happened to walk in at that moment. I's started a fight with him right there. I's insulted him, his brother, his mother, and anyone else I could think of. It took a lot, but th' bastard let it all out, finally. 'E even tried to stab me with me own peg! We's calmed him down thankfully, and I's had words with him. I told him I'd help him let his anger out in a better manner, I would train a new Ravager.

Last edited:

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States
Updated
All of his relationships apart from one or two have changed as time goes on. His wealth has changed.​

Last edited:

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States
Updated
Relationships now ranked. Added Avarice Ward, Saman, Liliana, Alexandre, Vytautaus
Added a voice! See the quote near the beginning.
Updated his beliefs and goals, as well as his, behaviors & knowledge characteristics, physical characteristics, and central characteristics.

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States
Wedding and Serial Killer Update.
Most relationships where Rudolf had a decent amount of time to speak with you were updated.
Feel free to speak up if you wish to be added.​