ACCEPTED - Ryria's Whitelist Application | Tale of Banners Roleplaying Community Forum

ACCEPTED Ryria's Whitelist Application

Ryria

Oct 15, 2019
United Kingdom
MineCraft Username(s):
Answer - Ryria.

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):
Answer - 4b354613-37fa-4b52-8e7a-3f1d667f8ecc

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)
Answer - 20 years old.

Have you read through our rules? (Found here)
Answer - Yes, I have.

Do you agree with our rules?
Answer - Yes, I do.

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?
Answer - I was searching for a new roleplay server on Planet Minecraft and began reading the northern culture lore on your forums. I was very impressed with what I found, and so I recommended to my friends that we should come and try it out.

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
Answer - Yes, I've been roleplaying on Minecraft and roleplaying in general for roughly four years.

Is there anything you would like to add?
Answer - No.

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
Answer these definitions using your own words. The definitions can be looked up if necessary, however copy-pasting is not allowed.
What do you define as roleplaying?
Answer - I define roleplaying as creating your own character, giving them a set personality, desires, goals, and an interesting backstory to act out and interact with others. I would also add that when in a roleplay situation you would also interact with the environment, NPC's, and various other elements for an immersive experience.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’
Answer - I would describe the term powergaming as when a role-player ignores all logic in the attempt to force actions on another person for the sake of winning. For an example..

Bobby Joe runs into the tavern and grabs the wrist of Lindsey, forcing her to stand up.
Before she has a chance to react, he drags her outside. He pulls out his knife and plunges it into her stomach.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’
Answer - Metagaming is where you use information you have learned OOCly in order to further an agenda ICly, even though your character would have no way of knowing this.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?
Answer - A Mary-Sue character is where a character has no flaws or weaknesses and is described as perfect in every way shape or form.

Part 3 of 4
Character Creation
Here you will create a character to use on our server.
Provide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.
Answer - This skin was actually created by me! https://gyazo.com/40e724302d95b0a4352828012c770918 (Screenshot - 40e724302d95b0a4352828012c770918 - Gyazo)

Name:
Answer - Selvie Atwood.

Culture:
Answer - Northerner of the Summit Folk.

Story & Biography:
Answer - Selvie is the first daughter of Jarl Ásbjörn Atwood, a seafaring warlord, and his bond wife Margrethe. She was born in the year 977 A.T in the small walled city of Skogsjhem, located along a particularly hostile and hazardous stretch of coastline south of the ruins of Norvaskr. She was always a little bit odd as a child, obsessed with the the great five and the stories that surrounded them. Eager to prove herself to her father that she could be just as capable as her brothers, Selvie trained throughout her youth to become a huntress and served alongside her kin in her father's army. During this time, she also picked up a mild interest in alchemy and healing, though her true passion still remained in the gods. She admired the seers tremendously. Though, once the great blizzard 'Rithgar' arrived to her homeland, Selvie was left in disrepair, much alike the place she once called home. Distraught and grieving those she had lost, she followed her elder brothers to Esna in order to rebuild their family legacy.

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spares(if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each of the answered questions.

Question 1
You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...
Answer:

Selvie's head swam with the incoherent mess of inebriated thoughts, her arms flung around the necks of the men she had been drinking with throughout the evening. The fresh evening air filled her lungs as she took in a deep breath through her nose, a wolfish grin sitting upon her lips as cloudy blue eyes scanned the streets. She broke away from the men she had been leaning upon once she could comfortably remain firmly on her feet, planting her hands on her hips - only to stumble back moments later when a cloaked man furiously sprinted past her, bumping into her shoulder in his frenzy. Yelling out a string of insults berating the man for his clumsiness, her attention was soon stolen by the alleyway where a woman had collapsed to the floor. She attempted to be as comforting as she possibly could, her frosty appearance most likely not putting the woman at ease. She stumbled over towards her and groggily went down to a knee, fumbling hands ripping at the fur she had wrapped around her shoulders to press it against the wound of the woman. Her wild eyes scanned the surrounding area, barking out in an authoritative exclamation.

"Somebody stop that man, and get help! This woman is in dire need of medical attention! Don't just stand there, come on, move your feet!"

Selvie remained by the side of the woman until satisfied with the medical attention she had received, watching on with a wary expression before stumbling home to relay the night's events to her gaggle of brothers.

Question 2
You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?
Answer:

"What do you mean the traffic into the city is too high?"

Her hands found themselves firmly planted upon her hips as a scowl replaced the neutral expression she had been wearing moments ago. Her jaw clenched, and for a moment she felt as if she might lash out at this guardsman for just doing his job, but at the last second that anger which had been building up in her stomach fizzled out, leaving her with an idle sense of frustration.

"You know what - it's fine."

She grumbled in response, the huntress turning upon her heel to meander throughout the stalls, stepping over the sleeping refugees with mumbled apologies for the odd accidental kick here and there. She kept her bag of pelts and goods close to her, scowling at anyone who she might deem to appear suspicious. After the last time she had travelled to Kelth and been robbed, she knew better than to allow her wares to idly dangle at her side. She wandered throughout the marketplace for a good hour, intrigued by the man of alchemy offering his concoctions to those passing by. She lingered by his cart for a good ten minutes making idle conversation about what he did and how he did it before finally making a purchase. It was nothing special, she was sure of it, but the silver-tongued merchant had easily coaxed her into giving him her coin. With a weak smile and a dip of her head, she moved on, busying herself however she could before being allowed into the city. She was used to sitting idly, however. Being a hunter, she knew that patience was a virtue not to be squandered.

Question 3
You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...
Answer:

Selvie's nose wrinkled as she peered over the food being presented to her by the crone. She was fatigued, aching all over, and all she wanted was a goods night rest. Her stomach growled with anticipation as she weighed out the options in her mind. Being overly-cautious and a tad paranoid, her outright instinct was to say no and move on, but on the other hand, she hadn't eaten in so long, and she could feel her reflexes and senses weakening. That wasn't an ideal scenario when in somewhere she didn't exactly recognise. She pulled her furs tighter around her shoulders and lifted her chin into the air, looking down upon the crone with an air of superiority as she answered in a very cold and forthright..

"No."

GreenHarmony

Wet Bread Crumb
Jan 8, 2016
Rīga

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.
You will now be whitelisted on the server.
Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.