Australia
Part 1 of 4
OOC
MineCraft Username(s): SlendySama

How old are you? Fifteen.

What is your favourite colour? Red

Have you read the rules? Yes

Do you fully agree to the rules and...
If yes, which is your favourite? Stay in character whilst roleplaying.
If no, what would you change?

How did you hear about Tale of Banners? Google.

What is your previous roleplay experience? I've been roleplaying on many medieval roleplay servers for about two years.

Is there anything you would like to add? Nope.

Part 2 of 4

Terms & definitions

What is roleplaying? Roleplaying is a form of acting, in a way. You'll take it upon yourself to develop a character and it is up to that person what that character becomes, how she/he acts, their interests and so on.

What is powergaming? Powergaming, aslo sometimes refered to as power emoting is when one player does not allow another player to react to their actions and or emotes. Example,(player one stabs player two killing him).

What is metagaming? Metagaming is when you use OOC information to benefit you IC.

What is a Mary-Sue? A Mary Sue is a perfect lil bum, in every way. Overpowered and perfect at every skill.

Part 3 of 4
Character
MineCraft skin's screenshot: https://imgur.com/pmyLT75

Name: Nyra Osteler.

Race: Human.

Story & details: My first memory that I can remember well was at the age of 7; my mother, Kadenza, had decided to take myself and my twin sister, Zelina, out on a walk through the town.

The town where we lived was quite busy, full of many poor and quite a few nobles. I was born into a rich family consisting of my my mother (Kadenza), my father (Brantley), my older brother (Elric), my twin sister (Zelina) and my younger brother (Favian). My father worked with the Lord of our town – he was very important. This fact made him fairly strict towards us, the rest of his family, and he would always speak to us as if he did not actually care for us.

The town of Aliatoc was busy that day; the streets were bustling. Those who owned market stalls could be heard yelling in attempt to attract the attention of customers. My mother led myself and Zelina through the streets proudly, as if showing us off to those we went passed. Growing up, I hated large crowds and was much better being with my family – this trait stuck with me throughout my life. As we walked down the cobbled paths in the centre of the city, mother suddenly stopped and turned, as if about to walk in the opposite direction. My attention drew to what she had seen. Upon the side of the grimy path just up ahead, lied a woman, her stomach cut open, thick blood pouring out. My eyes widened – I was horrified. Quickly as she could, my mother began to pull Zelina and me along the path, not looking back. I wish I could have helped that poor woman – Is she still alive today?

As I grew older, I began to mature, not forgetting the dreadful sight I had saw at the young age of 7. Another memory which stayed pasted in my mind was when I was the age of 13.

Zelina and I had turned 13 just a few days before the incident. Mother was in her bedchambers and I heard her yelling – this concerned me. As I began to walk to her bedchambers, I saw Elric storm out of her room, he looked angry and he had huge bags under his eyes. I slowly took a step into mother's room. My mouth dropped open as I saw her desk was covered in blood...
“Mother..Wh-What..Happened..? ” I said slowly, walking up to her. When she looked at me, her eyes filled with tears as she began to clean her desk. This was something she didn't want me to know.

“Nyra- I,” She said, then paused as she bent down slightly to match my height. Her eyes were glazed over with a look of fear in her eyes.
“Promise me... You won't tell anyone about this. Not Elric, not even Zelina,” Her voice cracked slightly as she spoke. I gave a small nod, and she quickly threw her arms around me, hugging me tightly – I had just discovered my mother was a physician..people would consider her a witch in our town and she expected me to not tell anyone?

Not long after this event, I was in my bedchambers, along with Zelina. We had gotten into some sort of pathetic argument, I cannot quite remember the topic. I had gotten fed up of arguing and ran off, into the gardens of our home. I felt anger. As I sat by the small pond of the garden and murmured to myself, I then bolted to find mother.

Mother was with father and they were talking. I ran in, bellowing
“Mother! Mother! I must speak to you!” Father shot a glare at me, he doesn't like noise. She shook her head and raised an eyebrow
“A lady doesn't shout – Now, what is it, dear?” She questioned as I grasped her hand and dragged her along, back into the gardens. We were alone.

Mother looked at me curiously.
“What are you trying to show me, Nyra?” She asked me, her eyes squinted. I then replied
“Mother! I want to be like you!” Although I was 13, I was still rather childish. Her eyes widened as she looked at me in alarm - she pushed her finger towards her lips.
“Hush, Nyra! We must not speak of it! What do you mean you want to be like me..?” I smiled faintly, looking into her eyes.
“I promise, mother. Zelina and I had an argument and- and I came out here and the water... And I started thinking about your desk and what happened..” I spoke, excitement in my voice. My mother squinted her eyes once more and whispered:
“If you're absolutely sure... Then you need to learn when and where to used it – I can help you there,” Mother smiled as she pulled me into a tight hug.

I'm a witch, too.

As I grew older, mother trained me using her herbology – all until I was 15. At the age of 15, it all changed.

At 15, my life was quite busy. Father had been getting opportunities for me to work with great people. However, I didn't really fit in with them... I was always too excitable, too happy, they'd say. My mother was pregnant with another child. She said it would be a boy, she said she had a gut feeling. This news excited father, for he said he wanted more than one other boy in the family.

It was late in the evening – a calm, quiet evening. When suddenly, I saw our maids rushing up to mother's bedchambers. I followed along, to see what all the commotion was about. As I rushed to her room, mother was in bed, maids gathered around. I raised an eyebrow and asked
“What is happening..?” One of the maids, Emilia, looked at me, her face full of happiness as she squealed with excitement
“The baby! The baby's coming!” As I learnt of this news, my face lit up. I speedily walked to my mother's bedside and knelt down. Father rushed in moments later, a smile pasted upon his face. He sat beside her and took her hand before glancing at me and saying:
“Nyra, go out, please. You're too young to witness a birth,” I frowned as he said this, feeling quite angered and responding:
“If I don't see it now, when do you think I'll ever see it?!” He shook his head, and raised his voice slightly.
“Nyra, out. You can see the baby when it has been born,” I frowned, knowing he wouldn't give me another chance. I walked out the room and saw Zelina, she looked at me, saying in a hushed voice
“What's going on..?” I gave her a smile
“Mother's having the baby!” I spoke with delight, despite the small argument I had just had with father. Zelina smiled and threw her arms around me, squeezing me tightly.

A few hours passed – Zelina and I were waiting in our bedchambers for news of our new brother or sister. Suddenly, there was a knock on our door. Emilia poked her head through the doorway, tears in her eyes as she cleared her throat.
“Girls.. I have some news,” We were quite curious as why she was so upset. If it was news of the baby, why would it be bad?
“The baby is- is a boy but-” She paused, choking on her words.
“Unfortunately, your mother has passed during the birth...” My eyes widened as tears filled them. Zelina ran over and hugged me tightly as we both sobbed loudly. Emilia bent down, wrapping her arms around the both of us. My mother had died...

As the year passed, I wasn't able to fill the empty hole in my heart left by my mother. However, I soon managed to find something to take my mind off of her passing.

It was early evening one day, I was in my bedchambers, reading when I heard a loud knock on the door. I cleared my throat, saying in a loud voice
“Enter.” My father walked in, a smile on his face. He spoke proudly
“I have gotten you an opportunity I think you will like,” He sat down at the end of my bed. I raised an eyebrow.
“I've been given the opportunity to give one of my children a chance to become an apprentice of a doctor.” As he spoke, my face lit up and I placed my book at my side. I gave a wide smile before responding:
“And you're letting me have that opportunity?” He gave a nod and I smiled an even wider smile, before wrapping my arms around him and hugging him.
“Thank you, Father, thank you!” He chuckled before saying
“No problem at all. You leave tomorrow morning – You might want to pack some things,” He then stood up and walked out, shutting my door behind him.

As I began to pick up a few books, placing them in a case, Zelina ran in.
“Is it true, you're leaving?!” She said as she panted. I nodded and she hugged me tightly.
“Please don't go, please!” I frowned at her and hugged her back, holding her shoulders and saying
“I have to go, Zel. I'll visit often – I promise,” I gave her a reassuring smile and she hugged me again.

As I continued to pack, I decided to sleep early. This was something I finally wanted to do.

When morning came, I awoke early and was shipped away to a near town. The home of the doctor was a tall building, constructed of stone. I slowly approached the door and raised a hand, knocking. After a few moments, the door swung open.

Stood in the doorway was a man with wispy blonde hair, slicked back. He was tall and looked as if he was in his thirties. He raised an eyebrow and spoke in a raised voice:
“Yes?” He sounded impatient. I blinked a few times, before shaking my head and speaking
“Oh- Um- My name is Nyra. Nyra-” Before I could say another word, he butted in.
“Nyra Osteler, correct?” I gave a small nod and he turned, walking inside.
“Come, come!” I hurried in after him. He led me into a large room with a grand fireplace, comfy chairs and a rug. He gestured for me to sit down – I did. He then sat down in another seat.
“Your father has told me much of you.” I raised an eyebrow and stuttered
“R- Really?” He nodded and then announced:
“My name is Kavian.” He then began to lecture me of how he came to be a doctor, and that I would be studying with him, helping him and training with him. He said I'd learn to become a professional doctor, just like him.

Years passed as I trained to become a doctor, just like Kavian. Everything was so perfect until one day.

I was sat in my bedchambers within Kavian's home when Kavian entered. He was holding a letter. He smiled faintly.
“This is for you.” He handed me the letter and I opened it, and began to read it.

Dear Nyra,
I know you have been doing well with your studies as a doctor. However, I have some exciting news. I have been introduced with two young men, potential suitors for Zelina and you. I have already accepted the request for you to be wedded to one of them. You will need to arrive home by next week, ready to board a boat in order to meet him.
Sincerely,
Your father, Brantley Osteler.

As I read the letter, my heart sank. I didn't want to be married to a complete stranger. Although I knew deep down, there was no way of escaping this. Kavian looked at me and raised his eyebrow, before asking
“Is everyone alright?” I let out a soft sigh before replying
“No... I have to go home. My Father has arranged for me to get married” Kavian's eyes widened slightly as I informed him of the news. He then frowned.
“Does that mean I won't have my apprentice any more?” I gave a small nod and he sighed.
“When do you leave?” He questioned. I answered
“By next week...”

When the week had ended, I had to say goodbye to my dear friend Kavian. He told me of how much he would miss me – and I told him the same in return. It was a tearful goodbye and then I found myself on the way home, for good.

As Zelina and I boarded the vessel which would take us to meet the men father had arranged for us to marry, I sighed. I was fed up – I wanted to marry someone I loved, not a man I haven't even met! We departed from the docks, away from our home and into the dark sea.

It was a quiet voyage – all until they came.

I was leaning over the side of the ship, looking into the glistening water. When suddenly I heard one of the sailors yell:
“There's a ship, just up ahead!” I was quite curious to see who was on this ship. As it approached, the panic began. It all happened so fast. Pirates. They ambushed the ship, killing many, leaving a few. Zelina, myself and a few of the men were some of those who were not killed. Instead, they hauled us onto their ship, whilst doing so they dropped me into the water..I was washed up onto the shoreline..

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spare(if applicable).
Q1
You find yourself in an arena surrounded by high sandstone walls. Much like all the dozen of strangers in the arena, you only have a robe - the single weapon is a spear on the ground, in the very centre of the arena. You are a short sprint's distance from it - closer than most of the others - but even so the others have already spotted it and are running to grab it. They seem to be ready to fight for their lives. You...would make her way in the opposite direction, not being any good with weapons. Whilst making her way towards the walls of the arena she would be hoping the other participants would kill each other, relying on her small frame and reflexes in times of confrontation.

Q2
You're heading home after some drinking at the tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...would ignore the thief all together finding the woman's life more valuable. She'd quickly rip a thick piece off of her sleeve and tie it around the woman's torso calming her whilst doing so. She'd then begin yelling out for help, knowing the tavern is near by.

Q3
You've gotten lost and wandered awhile, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...would take the warning and buy the sea food and express her gratitude.

Q4
In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as he cradles one of his dead. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. He continues to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name is despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You...would think about how sparing his life will effect the battle, she would eventually decide that it wouldn't and would leave the man be, however his fate may turn out.

Verando

Application Team
Staff member
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States
Hello, my name is Verando and I am reviewing your application today. It has been put on ...
PENDING
  • You mention being looked as a witch because of medical capability. Medicine is looked upon favorably in the land. Even some potions.
  • Human isn't a race. Northerner, Oserian, Korsian are all playable.
  • Please add more descriptive sentences in the scenario role-play. In other words paint me a picture of what exactly happened using words.
I know it's a bit to fix but you can do it.
Please make the challenges above within the span of 72 hours from the time reviewed. Failure to do so will result in denial of the application and you will have to reapply 24 hours from the denial date. Message me or reply here when you made the changed and I'll take another look.

*Note that lore is under construction. PM me for more information

Time / Date reviewed: December 4th, 2017 6:15 PM EST