Aug 12, 2019
NY, USA
OOC — 1/4

Minecraft Username — SmorpADorp

Full UUID for your Minecraft account — ff0f6a22-da0b-434c-93a9-2ae6bbcc1fd9

How old are you? — 15

Have you read through our rules? — Yep!

Do you agree with our rules? — Yep!

How did you hear about Tale of Banners? — I was looking for a serious Minecraft roleplaying server to join and just browsing some server sites and ended up liking the way this one looked.

Do you have any previous roleplay experience? — I roleplay a lot with my friend in DnD and I used to do a lot of roleplays across a few sites such as Wattpad with characters I had created when I was younger.

Is there anything you would like to add? — I also like to write a lot and create characters for stories too (I usually can't pick just one thing to work on at once, so I have a lot of projects lol).

Terms & Definitions — 2/4
W
hat do you define as roleplaying? — Roleplaying is when two or more people get together in person for table top RPGs (DnD, Pathfinder, Vampire: The Masquerade, etc.) and act out characters they have created OR get together online on roleplay sites (Wattpad, Discord, RPNation, etc.) or roleplaying video games and act their characters out.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ — Powergaming is when a player cheats their character out of bad situations so that they always win, thus nothing bad can happen to that character essentially making the roleplay boring and pointless for other players. Example: Tim sacrifices the point of roleplaying to keep his character out of trouble, making all his friends annoyed. His friends have left the game. Now Tim has no friends. Tim is sad.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ — Metagaming is where you OOC know something and use that to your advantage and give your character knowledge they would not have. Example: Jacob tells his friend Tina about his awesome character's backstory that he's planning to use in a game they're going to play together. While playing the game, Tina's character brings up part of the backstory that she doesn't know yet, but Tina does.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character? — Mary-Sues (or Gary-Stus for males) are the epitome of lame. They have no flaws and are the perfect "I'm so special/not like the other girls"-type characters. Mary-Sues also are generally overpowered and can kill you with a single hit. Characters with flaws and weaknesses make for better story telling, so most people like to avoid Mary-Sues. Example: Wendy's character has no weaknesses and kills enemies effortlessly. Her character also is friends with everyone and is sooooo nice. Wendy's character is a Mary-Sue. Dang it, Wendy. Get your crap together.

Character Creation -- 3/4
P
rovide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.
Edwardia.jpg

Name — Edwardia "Ed" Dravella

Age — 25

Culture — Northerner

Story & Biography —
Edwardia "Ed" Dravella was born in 975 A.T. to Gleb and Yvela Dravella. Her father was a skilled blacksmith and all her life Edwardia looked up to him, begging him to teach her how to smith. Gleb would laugh at her intense interest in his craft, promising that he would train her to become a skilled blacksmith sometime after her fifteenth birthday and initiation. Growing up, Edwardia was teased by her peers by being a bit softer than the rest. While she was admired for treating her brethren well, she felt bad for animals being killed for food and sacrificial reasons and people of other cultures being killed in warfare. Despite her softness and empathy, Edwardia was stubborn and a little hot tempered, frequently getting into arguments and fights with people who opposed her opinions. This lead to multiple scoldings from her parents over the course of her childhood. Upon turning fifteen and being officially initiated into the North, Edwardia received her first weapon; a custom-made iron axe from her father. Remembering his promise to train her in becoming a blacksmith, Edwardia quickly started asking her father again when he would train her. Gleb would always reply "soon", since a few months after her birthday he would have to embark on a trading trip to Oseria to trade some of his weapons for their premium leather. Gleb promised Edwardia that he would train her as soon as he returned, but he never did. After around six months of being missing in action, Edwardia and her mother received a letter from an anonymous source saying that her father had been mugged and killed. This spiraled Edwardia into a year-long depression, lasting until shortly before she turned seventeen. In 999 A.T. when the Second Blizzard hit, Edwardia and her mother decided to migrate to the southern border. Their journey was not a pleasant one and shortly before reaching their destination of Dunsgate, their food supply drew nonexistent. Edwardia decided that it would be in their best interest to look for a settlement of some sort. After a day or two of searching, they stumbled across a small camp. Edwardia rushed head on into the camp, grateful that they had found others who were migrating. However, this camp turned out not to be a Northerner camp, but a camp full of Drahl pillagers planning to prey upon unsuspecting victims. Edwardia's mother, who was already on the brink of death from the bitter cold, sacrificed her life for her daughter, acting as a distraction so that Edwardia could get away. Edwardia was pursued by a few members of the camp to a cliff where a fight ensued. She managed to stunt most of the Drahl by injuring them with her axe, along with killing a few of them. But even with this victory, Edwardia ended up loosing her axe. As she attempted to push one of the Drahl off of the cliff, he tried to drag her down with him. Edwardia swung her axe at him, impaling him in the chest. His grip loosened on her, sending him off the cliff with her axe lodged into her chest. Edwardia looted the dead Drahl as quick as she could before the others could regain stamina. She ran for her life. After another week, Edwardia reached Dunsgate, but they could not take her in due to the shear amount of Northerners trying to take refuge in the city. This left Edwardia alone and on her own to survive...

Open-Ended Questions — 4/4

Question 1
You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Answer: Forget about the man, the woman's life is more precious than her jewelry ever was. She needs to get some help-- and quickly too. I rush to the woman's aid and help her to her feet. I ask the woman about herself-- if she is still conscious-- such as her name and where she lived. Perhaps if she got a glimpse of the man so we could attempt to bring her justice. This however is a difficult task due to my drunkenness, as my words come out slurred and a bit incoherent. Nevertheless, I persist in trying to help the woman. My next course of action is to look for some kind of medical help to get her wound taken care of. Only if I had more time would I have chased after the man and confronted him.

Question 4
In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

Answer: I can't do it. I know that he's an enemy and that backing out of a fight would brand me as a coward, but he's helpless. The Way of the Five forbids me from killing him. Besides, I can't bear to slaughter him as his comrade was slaughtered. It would simply be unjust of me. With this, I lower my weapon, give him a solemn nod, and join the rest of my allies in the fight, pretending I never saw him.

Question 5
You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

Answer: It's worth a shot anyway. Trying and failing is much better than not trying and dying in this hellish blizzard. Besides, I am a Northerner. Perhaps they would trust me more than most other travelers from other lands who happen across their little village. But I don't have all the time in the world. I need a good second option if Plan A doesn't work out. I have to use my head and act fast before the snowstorm becomes too much to deal with and I collapse from exhaustion.

GreenHarmony

Reviews Things
Jan 8, 2016
Rīga

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.
Please be aware that having what looks to be brightly dyed hair can hurt the immersion of our setting. In an ever continuing aim for survival, hair colouring isn't exactly the top of one's shopping list. However, should you choose to keep your skin without modifying once on the server, I expect you to find and make use of dyes in roleplay.
You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.