ACCEPTED So1ar_1unar Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2020
Ohio
Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):So1ar_1unar

-

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):6d939301-af44-4693-909c-eeab33c9965c

-

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

-

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)
Yes
-

Do you agree with the server rules?
Yes
-

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?
I've always wanted to get into role playing and world building. I've had trouble finding groups for DnD, so earlier today I looked up "mine craft role play servers".
-

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

No
-

Additional Information: (If any)
-
Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions

Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?
Embodying a character. Thinking about what that character likes or dislikes, how it would respond in certain situations. Just being not yourself
-

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:
Using the rules to cheat
-

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:
knowing something my character shouldn't know
-

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?
overpowered with no flaws
-

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?
out of character, when i'm not role playing
-
Section 3/4 - Character Creation

Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.
2020-06-26_23.38.36.png
-

Name:
Orn Starson
-

-

Culture:
Oserian
-

Can your character read and write?:
yes
-

Story & Biography (please go into detail, we recommend two paragraphs but expect at least one. Please outline character history, personality traits and the things that make your character unique. Have fun with this section!)
Orn enjoys being a teenager, being reckless and having fun. He is a think before acting type of person with slightly above average attention which he lets go to his head. He's really paid never payed any attention to the law or rules in general, though this does mean he is a bad person in fact he loves standing up for what is right and good in this world(like his father). He is not a devote follower of the ones religion but likes the ideas of good behind it. He breaks the 4th edict all the time by consuming Canisampium and Mind Mushrooms(and drinking but god thinks that's fine ig), he then breaks the 8th by lying about breaking the 4th to his parents.
Orn is the son of a retired knight and seamstress. His father grew up a peasant and was only granted knighthood after years of training for a Battle Game. As a knight he was able learn to read and write which he later passed on to his son (along with minor sword skills). Orn dreams of going on adventures like his father did, but his father wants instructed him to take less noble profession . He waned Orn to take up the profession of his mother and become a tailor for the socially elite. Since he was twelve hes has been learning from his mother how to sew and make garments(he isn't very good). His father while succumbing to an unknown illness on his deathbed gave Orn his blessing stating "I don't want you to live a life of danger, but I can't stop you. My old questing stuff is in the birch chest by my bed."

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

I throw my drink at the assailant so I can look for him later. I then go to the lady and try to asses her wounds. When i pick up my Drahl psychoactives i also pick up white leaf which i use on her to help her healing(I don't tell her though as I know Drahl herbs are sorta taboo.) I then take her to an infirmary or a medic and begin searching for the assailant. He should reek of hard liquor though so it shouldn't be too hard.

-

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

I ask around about why the town is so busy while trying to unload my wares on the few merchants trapped in camp with me.

-

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

I form 2 ideas about this fish. 1. It's unpleasant because of taste, but i can get over that if i'm hungry enough. 2. It is unpleasant to outsiders because it is another psychoactive, cool and fun. Either way I eat the fish

-

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

I don't want to kill him as he looks like he no longer wants to kill me. I offer him the opportunity to be a prisoner of war. It ain't much but it's better than being dead. If he refuses I would regrettably have to kill him. He knew what he was signing up for when he became a soldier.

-

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

I try to find the friendliest villager and offer them something of value in exchange for food and a bed. Whatever happens next is out of my control.

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

You’re almost there! Your application is pending.

There is only one thing to change for a final decision.

Make the following edit to your application:

1. Your powergaming definition is lacking. Please review other sources for your definition in the context of a multiple character roleplay scenario.

Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made these changes and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible.

Good luck!

Jun 27, 2020
Ohio
Power gaming is role playing something your character should not be able to do. In a multiple player scenario would be not giving the other player a chance to resist something. As an example we could be role playing having an argument and out of nowhere i stab you. I give you no warning like *i withdraw a hidden blade and try to attack* instead i go *I stab you 5 times in the head and you die*.

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.

Status
Not open for further replies.