Declaration of War
War Declaration Format

List of all involved nations:
- Braxton Contention
- Windmere
- Skyreach

Cause/reason of the war (Rebellion, Holy War, De-Jure claim etc…) :
Rebellion -
The Braxton Contention and Windmere are rebelling against the kingdom for its absence of a leader, uniting together and claiming the Melting-Lands as an independent Jarldom. Lead by the Braxton Contention.

A detailed description of events leading up to the war:
Thane Alfred Braxton sat at the grand stone table of Windmere, accompanied by Thane Phirien and a stressed scholar who scribbled vigorously during the heated political conversations that unraveled between the two rulers. Edwin then blurted out. “... and the peoples of the reach will be left defenseless! What outcome does the King expect of such rash decisions, he had not thought of informing his Thanedoms previous to this suicidal march?” Alfred then sharply stated. “Silence.” A long quiet followed as the Thanes stared each other down.

Alfred then spoke, somewhat metaphorically. “The Kingdom of the north will fracture and fall into a deficit with no ruler, instability of one's foundations are undesirable when you perch your nation at a cliff's edge.” He cleared his dry throat before continuing.“I’d suggest we break off our branches from the withering tree, a dead King can no longer offer Windmere protection.” He then gestured with open arms. “Join our cause, help us unite the Jarldom of the Melting Lands, and fight back against the cultists.”

Thane Phirien was sharp to reply. “The people of the north would take it unkindly if Oserian influence dominated over us. I recall how the clans within the Melting Lands targeted and killed those among them for merely embracing economics from the outside. I am also not convinced of your intentions, so I have another deal for you.” Upon suggesting that the Braxtons join a Jarldom under the Phirien name or rather be independent allies, tensions rose. The Thane of Windmere was deeply concerned not only about the cult, but for the culture of the North as well as the reactions of the clans within it and stated, “You come to me speaking of the unification of the Melting Lands, but judging by your blood and this region’s northern pride, the only aftermath I see is division. Are you planning to take out the clans of the north- our heritage- as well as the Cultists? How will we look to the rest of the North?” Thane Braxton then slumped back in his seat, the two rulers would continue to debate, converse and eventually find a common ground. Thane Braxton held himself well, answering, “I would do no such thing to the clans. This endeavor is only to strike down the Cultists. I swear not to touch the culture of the Northern folk during this war. My only goal is to avenge my people and prevent the same devastation from reaching the North.” The Thane of Windmere then said. “So long as you keep the best interests of the North at heart and our goals remain unanimous, I will join you in this endeavor.” Alfred then replied. “Now is the time of the sword and shield, we must take the fight to the Dutchy of Avendale and purge the lands of these Cultists once and for all. The fallen King may have doomed his people, but his actions may have sparked the beginning of the end of the Cult.”

The home county of the attacking and defending forces:
Ludovic’s Hold

Extra information:
The Thanedoms of the Melting-Lands are breaking off from the current kingdom in rebellion to the actions of Skyreach, and in turn, uniting as an independent Jarldom.

Last edited:

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Your war declaration application has been approved.

If the opposing party does not respond within a week to contest this declaration after this application was posted then the war will default to a victory. You will also be considered independent during the war period.

PurpleKnight

Jun 22, 2020
Scotland, UK
The opposing party cannot mount a reasonable contention to this declaration; the King of Averlash is dead with no successor. Consider this secession successful in favour of the Sovereignty of the Melting Lands.

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States
Due to the lack of contest, The Braxton Contention and Windmere are now considered an indepenedent Jarldom.