ACCEPTED - Stornwald's Application | Tale of Banners Roleplaying Community Forum

ACCEPTED Stornwald's Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stornwald

Jun 10, 2020
USA
The Tale of Banners Whitelist Application:

Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

-Stornwald

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

-83ce5651-c408-416d-b668-cfd1a5935d2b

What is your age?

(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

-Yes

Do you agree with the server rules?

-Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

-I was searching for Minecraft Roleplay servers

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

-Yes, I have played on Medieval Minecraft (2011-2012), Realms of Caeldor (2014), Valenor (2015), Realm of Alerak (2015)

Additional Information: (If any)

-

Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions

Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

-Putting yourself in the shoes of your character

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

-Acting in a way where you make your character do things they wouldn’t be able to do

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

-Playing the game from the player perspective and not the character perspective.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

• A perfect character with no flaws

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

-Out of character and used to communicate with other players and not acting as your character

Section 3/4 - Character Creation

Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

-

Changing eye color to green

Name:

-Stornwald

Culture:

-Drahl

Can your character read and write?:

-Yes

Story & Biography (please go into detail, we recommend two paragraphs but expect at least one. Please outline character history, personality traits and the things that make your character unique. Have fun with this section!)

(Please note although the character you apply with can commit illegal or immoral acts you cannot do these things on the server without an Intrigue application. This can be applied for once you are whitelisted.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/intrigue-application.119/ (Intrigue Application)

(You are also able to apply with a noble but keep in mind you cannot play a noble character on the server unless you join an accepted noble house or apply for one.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/noble-houses.142/ (Noble Houses)

-Stornwald was born from a Grulk mother and a powerful Drahl father. His father was a strange lover of the giant peoples, and he conceived Stornwald along with his other son Hrogomir. During the night of Stornwalds conception, his father was inebriated with one of his Drahl brews, and did not notice when his partner’s twin sister joined in on the mating. The result of these events led to the birth of Stornwald and Hrogomir, and although they had different mothers, they are genetically brothers. The children's mothers proved to be too wild to raise the children with proper Drahl teachings, so their father returned to his village to raise his sons. Stornwald developed into a strong and capable Drahl man. He often enjoys fishing and creating his own merchandise and weapons. He has studied under a carpenter and bowyer as an apprentice. With the help of his teachers, he learned to be persistent in his crafts, and he appreciates excellent craftsmanship, but can be narcissistic when it comes to his own works. He has become spiritually oriented through his father's teachings and is very loyal to those he considers his family. Under his father, he learned to fight as a Drahl, and learned the importance of strength and precision. He approaches life’s challenges with vitality and headstrongness, and has proven to a brave and curious individual.

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions

Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

• Yell out "Help! Theif!" I Chase after the thief figuring the woman is possibly beyond saving or perhaps another tavern goer heard you and will take care of her. I pursue the thief in hopes of bring him to justice for a reward.

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

• "As long as it won't make me sick" I take the food and have a bite, "Disgusting" I begrudgingly finish the food despite the taste and texture.
Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

• I say "Serves you right" I leave the man to his screaming and quickly find my way back to the rest of the fighters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hrogomir

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

You’re almost there! Your application is pending.

There are only a few things to change for a final decision.

Make the following edits to your application:

1. Your bio is the same as another application, which shares the same IP. If you are the same person, you can have multiple characters on one account, and you only need to make one application. You can have multiple mc accounts, but we list them on the same forum account.
2. If you are one person, you cannot have two characters that are related to each other. Its fine to have multiple characters, but rid yourself of the relation.
3. The answers to your open ended questions lack significant detail, please include more information. Use this section to show how your character would interact with other players and show us some examples of your roleplay.

Please explain to me what is going on with these applications. Thank you!

Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made these changes and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible.
Good luck!

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Your questions may be a little short, but they show enough understanding of RP now.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.

Status
Not open for further replies.