ACCEPTED Sybbyl's Whitelist App

Mar 14, 2019
USA
Part 1 of 4
Out of Character
Provide information about yourself here.

MineCraft Username(s):

Answer - Oh I've got a lot.. Uh.. From top to bottom, most used accounts to least used. Depending on how many are allowed to whitelist on the server, just whitelisted from top to bottom *thumbs up
Sybbyl
TheGlassPrincess
_Mrs_Kitty_
Zha_Kitti
AaronBlackridge
IL0stTheGame
AltsOver9000
ArmyGuardE3

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

Answer - In order from the above list ^
d183e8ed-c91b-42a1-b418-c5d847c4a60c
bd5d790a-6468-430c-ab84-e517ea50d959
8a3f2688-61b9-44bb-9739-5501a690d985
048e7b81-2642-4904-ae98-5090f7adb778
d815b7b4-8e24-4362-979e-362bdd15578e
34d44e3b-9d91-4a37-81db-95a035a069c0
e5b3a7c8-c24f-4dd2-b2f0-1791b578f8b0
78399b24-b4b3-4933-ae48-629f031cfab8

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Answer - 24

Have you read through our rules? (Found here)

Answer - I have

Do you agree with our rules?

Answer - I do

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Answer - I googled 'Minecraft medieval RP servers'

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

Answer - Oh sure, tons. I've been roleplaying since I was 11, and started minecraft roleplay probably around... 2012?

Is there anything you would like to add?

Answer - Not much, it seems pretty interesting, just wantin' to try it out : )

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
Answer these definitions using your own words. The definitions can be looked up if necessary, however copy-pasting is not allowed.
What do you define as roleplaying?

Answer - Playing a character, a form of acting, deciding their actions & reactions in any setting, from slice of life to high fantasty, doens't matter what you act out, it's still roleplay.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’

Answer - When a player emotes their character performing an action or reaction that would normally be impossible / have a different result from they have emoted. It can also mean that a player has emoted in such a way that someone else would be left without an available reaction, I.E., emoting that your sword cleaves through a man's shoulder and renders his arm limp and un-useable. It should have been emoted as an attempt, to give the other player a chance to react or dodge, etc.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’

Answer - Using information gained from OOC means, to benefit a character RPly, I.E., someone says 'omg im getting attacked at ____' in discord, and someone sees it and white knights their way over. That would be considered Meta-Gaming because the knight would otherwise have no idea anyone was being attacked there in roleplay.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

Answer - An all around, type character. Someone described as beautiful and possessing many skills. The type of character that has little in the words of weaknesses, or is too generalized to stand out in the slightest from the crowd. I.E., I used make one of these characters before someone told me what I was doing, haha. She was a beautiful maiden with raven black hair and emerald green eyes, a good singer, could play the flute, highly intelligent, sought after, graceful & tall, and a good archer. <- that's pretty darn Mary Sue, lol.

Part 3 of 4
Character Creation
Here you will create a character to use on our server.
Provide us with an in game screenshot of your character’s skin.

Answer - download (1).png

Name:

Answer - Vivianne Navine

Answer - 24

Culture:

Answer - Oserian

Story & Biography:

Answer -
Vivianne was born to a poor family residing in The Duchy of Avendale. Her mother & father were farmers and craftsmen, spending most of their time in the fields, and whittling various items from wood that they would sell on the streets for more money. Vivianne was raised sheltered, her parents worked hard to be able to spend their money on her, they viewed social standing as something very important in the city and often did their best to treat their child well enough, that most would see has as a commoner, rather than the average peasant. She had little work to do at home, and thusly took on the hobby of painting. Her parents supported her hobby, buying her canvas and paints to use, she would sit outside their little home, and paint the faces of the passersby as they went about their days. Occasionally, people would buy the paintings from her, and she would give the money to her parents to buy food and clothing. She stayed with her parents into her adulthood, living comfortable with them, until they'd grown aged, and as they passed on happily in their advanced years they tasked Vivianne with getting a home for herself. They wanted her to do better for herself than they ever did, and urged her to follow her passion as an artist, and see where it would take her.

Now Vivianne travels in search of a new home, where she can put her roots. Her dream is to one day be able to paint for nobles, to use bright colors for their expensive clothing, and paint their well maintained hair and faces.

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spares(if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each of the answered questions.

[ I may be altering some of the questions to better fit the character, Ill describe my alterations in parenthesis like this as I go]

Question 1 [altered drinking, Vivianne does not drink alcohol]
You walk outside into the open air after spending some time in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewelry on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Answer:
Vivianne jumped back, pressing her back against the wall with a small shriek as the criminal rushed past her. Eyes wide with shock, she looked down the alleyway again at the woman lying on the ground, the thief already long gone. She rushed into the alleyway, shouting "Ah-! Someone please, help! This woman's dying!" with tears welling up in her eyes as she feared for the woman's life. She knelt beside her, with no medical knowledge all she could do was put pressure on the lady's wounds and wait for someone to help. She tried her best to soothe the woman, as she continued to call out for help..

Question 2
You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

Answer:
Vivianne apologizes to the guards, and may offer them some snacks for their hard work if she had any on her. She bid them farewell and thanked them for being kind, and made her way over to the camp. While there, she'd pull out some paper or canvas from her bag, and take to sketching the faces that caught her eye with a tiny lump of charcoal. She might sell them, or give them away, if people were interested, but she mostly just wanted to enjoy her time waiting.

Question 3
You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

Answer:
Vivianne furrows her brow slightly as she listened to the old-persons warnings, she'd politely refuse the offer of food considering the advice that came along with it, and would prefer to go hungry for the night, rather than spend it in "unpleasantness". She thanks them however for the offer, and would try to sit with them and perhaps socialize instead.

Question 4
In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

Answer:
I don't think I can edit this one much to make it better, Vivianne is a sweet and loving girl, and would never involve herself in battle. If she were however, in the midst of a raid in the city, and came across these two while running away, she would most likely stop to try and soothe the anguished soldier, in an attempt to sway them away from staying there in the streets where it was dangerous.

Question 5
You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what has felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

Answer:
Fearing for her life should she stay in this frozen waste any longer, Vivianne would approach the village. Her hands raised, she would drop her belongings in the snow and beg that they let her rest and stay for the night, anywhere safe from the freezing cold environment around them. She would offer to work off her debt to them, should they accept, in any way they see fit.

GreenHarmony

Reviews Things
Staff member
Application Team Leader
Jan 8, 2016
Arkham Asylum

Congratulations! Your application has been approved. Keep in mind to exercise the terms of any future application you might fill: in this case, you could've used only three of the five open ended questions to better suit your character.
You will now be whitelisted on the server... eight times... existence is pain..
Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.
You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.