ACCEPTED Syncristo's Whitelist Application

Syncristo

Apr 23, 2016
Eastern United States
OOC Information:

Please try your best to use proper grammar and correct spelling mistakes. This is a roleplay server and if accepted, writing will be your main form of communication while online.

MC Username- Syncristo

How old are you?- 17

What is your favorite color?- Yellow

Have you read and agreed to the rules?- Yes

Have you REALLY read the rules? If so which one do you most agree with?- Yes, I agree with the third one the most. I have been on the bad end of bullying and abuse in different stages of my life, and I’m glad you have a community that doesn’t tolerate that.

Are there any changes you would make to any the rules?(if so why?)- Yes, I think if you gave more examples with each of the rules, the reader would be able to know what kind of behaviour you would want from them.

How did you find Tale of Banners?- I kept on googling for fantasy roleplay servers and I found yours and saw that it was new. I then read up on your lore and the rules and realized that I could be part of something great and new here.

Do you have any experience with other roleplay servers if so which server(s) and for how long?- I played on Mesalia-rp for a year before my life got crazy.

Definitions:

If you don’t know any of the definitions feel free to look them up just make sure you understand them and write them in your own words.

What is Roleplaying?- Roleplaying is creating a character in your head and bringing the character to life through dialogue and description of body language and actions.

What is Metagaming?- Metagaming is using information that I learned out of character and using it to my advantage in character. Examples: Using knowledge from a previously played or dead character IC, using knowledge IC found on the forums, adjusting a character's behavior toward another based on real-life relationships with the player.

What is Powergaming?- Powergaming is creating a character that can never lose, a character that is always the best at what he or she does. This can also be using power verbs to not give the other person a chance to roleplay his or her character. Examples: Jack: *Hits John in the head with the handle of his sword, knocking him out cold* or Jack: Get in my house! *Pushes John inside of his house, locking the door behind him*

What is OOC, IC, and IRL?- OOC - Out of Character. Whenever you are being yourself and not roleplaying a character. Examples: talking in global chat and just talking about life. IC - In Character. Whenever you have indicated that you are roleplaying your character and you intend to roleplay. IRL - In Real Life. Whatever you do in your life outside of the computer and video game.

IC Information:

Here is where you actually describe and create your own character. Be realistic! Follow the lore, and make sure your character makes sense and is someone you want to play as.

Characters Name- William Tanos

Characters Age- 22

Characters Race- Oserian

Characters Sex (Male or female)- Male

Characters Biography (This is where you can get creative. Write down your characters story from birth to present time. Use lore and follow the server timeline, and events. Must be a minimum of 2 paragraphs long)

Birth Year: 1125

William was born in a calm time during the First Empire of Oseria. His father was part of the Oserian army and had fought with the troops that had sieged the north. William never met his mother. His father would come back from war and use his knighthood as a tool to get women. When he learned that he got one woman pregnant, he decided not to marry her, but be a part of her life. They became close, but once it was time for William to come into the world, his mother, Teresa, passed away.

His father, Jacob, took William and raised him the best he could. Jacob took some time off of the war effort to raise his son, but he couldn’t do it alone. William had many people that raised him and he remembers his father’s sister to be around the most in his life. Maria was her name, and she taught William compassion and friendliness, something that a harsh man like Jacob could never teach him.

When William turned 17, Jacob taught him how to wield a sword. It felt heavy in William’s hand, like it wasn’t meant to be there, but William did not want to anger his father. Jacob showed Will the basic techniques of sword fighting, but the young man just couldn’t keep up with his father’s fast past teachings. William began to work out whenever his father was gone so that he could become stronger, and actually hold the sword correctly. By the next year, Will had a grasp of sword fighting and was admitted to the standing army. This was not because of his excellent fighting, he was still quite bad, but because of his father.

Whenever King Leopold died and the Kingdom split into three separate houses, Jacob was persuaded to fight for House Ruthern by Ike Ruthern himself. William reluctantly followed his father. William and his father didn’t fight in the first part of the war; they were too busy packing up their things and fleeing to the north to group up with the Northern armies. When the time came to launch the attack against the other Houses, Jacob and Will strapped up their armor and marched with the army. Will had never seen his father kill before the fight, and just watching how brutal his father was being made him slightly nauseous. It was at the moment when his father started chopping heads off of other men Will knew this was not the lifestyle that he wanted for the rest of his life.

Will seeks the favour of Falen, Attero, and Galven.

Character Traits & Ambitions- Traits: Friendly, Kind, Compassionate, Seeks Love.

Ambitions: Mainly wants to make his father happy, Wants to learn what makes himself happy.

Characters Strengths and Weaknesses- Strengths: Friendly, Hard working, Seeks knowledge, Knows basic swordwork.

Weaknesses: Doesn’t want to hold a sword, Always does what makes other people happy and not what makes him happy, Cannot see that his father is his life.

Characters appearance (Be descriptive)- William has dark brown hair that falls to the left side of his face. HE has dark hazel eyes that seem to smile with the light. Has a boyish face that doesn’t fit with his age. He looks to be as young as 17. Is rather tall, standing 6’ 1” and has a long wingspan. He usually wears a leather tunic with some leather pants and boots.

Please provide an in game screenshot of your characters skin here…..

Role-Playing Scenarios:

These scenarios will be used in order to test your role-playing abilities. Please answer any 3 of the 4 scenarios listed, and remember to complete these scenarios in as much detail as possible.

[1]

Your character finds themselves in the middle of an arena with nothing more than a robe on their back. As you character looks around there is what appears to be a spear on the ground approximately 15 meters ahead of them. They’re not the only person in this arena however, with several others scattered around the arena. Each member in that arena is trying to get that spear. How does you character survive this ordeal?

William scouts the arena, looking at the expressions that are resting on each of the combatants’ faces. He sees a man with fierce determination in his eyes and sweat beading on his face start running towards the spear. Will knows that the only way for him to survive this chaotic fight is to grab that spear and defend himself, so he quickly makes the decision to sprint to the weapon. The other man and Will are neck in neck, and with two meters left Will flings his body towards the spear, hoping to grab it. Will struggles to fight off the man with his fists, but gets to the spear first. Pushing the spear through the man’s body, Will feels the body get heavy with the soul leaving it. A quick, “I’m sorry,” leaves Will’s mouth. He never wanted to fight anyone, and he just got caught up with gaining some quick money that he was tricked into fighting in an arena. Will stayed out of the majority of the fights in the arena and waited for everyone else to kill each other. When it was just Will and a young woman left, a woman who barely looked eighteen, William knew he had to fight. She wielded a longsword, a weapon that Will would rather have in his hands at this moment of time. But alas, he didn’t have it, all he had was this spear. Sweat was beading down his face, causing a sticky residue on his lip and he could feel his tunic sticking to his body. He was nervous for his life, but his years in the army caused the next actions to be part of his survival instinct. He waited for his enemy to come running towards him. He could tell that she was inexperienced fighting; she must have gotten lucky to get to the final two people. Her guard was down and William saw that it was time to strike. He waited until she was 3 meters away and quickly took a step toward her and lunged his body towards her, leading with the spear. Will felt the spear pierce through her tunic and penetrate her skin. He kept applying force until she dropped down to the ground, dead. Cheers erupted in Will’s ears as he towered over the girl, and all he could do was let out a sigh of relief.

[2]

Returning from the tavern after a long night of drinking, your character passes through the streets and alleyways on the short return home. However, on the way you hear a woman in distress coming from around the corner. The woman is being robbed and is clearly distraught. What does your character do next?

[3]

On the road going passing from Oseria to Crosia, your character gets lost and ends up at Crookmire Swamp. Although lost, your character decides to stay the night in Crookmire and continue their travels in the morning. After a few hours your character begins to get hungry and heads to a local street vendor. The vendor offers you some baked goods, however warns of out of body experiences if they are to eat this food. What does your character do next, and how do they react to this situation?

Will thinks about what the vendor has just told them, but quickly puts away all thoughts of doubt. He looks the man in the eye and sees that he isn’t making the stuff up and it is a true warning. William asks, “How much are you selling it for?”

“I’m not selling it at all. I’ll just give it to you,” the vendor says while sticking the goods out toward William.

William shakes his head as he says, “I’m too hungry to deny food.” He grabs the goods and then asks, “Do you have a place to stay too?”

“Sadly, no. All I’ve got is this small shop,” the vendor tells William.

“Alright, thank you kindly for the food,” Will says as he heads back to the small shelter he set up in the swamp. He bites into the goods, and is relieved to have some food in his stomach, and as he falls asleep, the “out of body” experiences are just some crazy dreams like the ones you have when you’ve had a few too many beers. So he thought, that is. As he got up and starts to head toward Crosia again, he finds himself starting to picture strange creatures and events that he wasn’t a part of. He makes it to Crosia after a terrible walk, and as soon as he enters his home, he is out cold. He wakes up in a pool of sweat after having terrible nightmares during his sleep. William makes a promise to never take food from people who warn you of the consequences.

[4]

In the midst of battle, your character finds themselves next a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly upset as he cradles one of his dead. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. He continues to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name is despair. Then the soldier glances up to see your character with sword in hand, but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. What does your character do next?

William echoed the name in his own head, Joffrey Crewe, Joffrey Crewe, Joffrey Crewe. Repeating the name made Will think about what he was really doing here. Each soldier that he kills has people who care for him and people who love him, just like the love that Will and his father share. Will sheaths his sword and kneels down next to the wounded soldier and says, “He’ll make good company with Falen, I’m sure of it.”

“He fought too well to be randomly hit by an arrow from the sky. It should have been me,” the soldier says while wiping away tears from his eyes.

“Nay, you still have a chance to prove to the Gods what you’re made of. Can you walk? I’ll give you medical help.” William puts his hand on the soldier’s back, trying to give him the comfort he wants.

“Yes, with some help, of course.” William helps the soldier up and brings him to a safe distance away from the bloodshed. “Why are you doing this, why are you helping me?”

“When you read the man’s name, it showed me how meaningless this fighting is. I thought I would show my true compassion, even in the heat of war.” Will takes his helmet off and smiles at the soldier whose life he just saved. He starts to think that maybe the general will kick him out of the army for his actions.

“Thank you.”

Any extra information you would like to add on your application? [Optional]: Take your time with it, I’m in no hurry :)

Last edited:

NTE_Killer4life

Dec 17, 2015
USA
Hello. I am NTE and I shall be reviewing your application. It has been put on...
PENDING
  • Please give a simple example of power gaming and metagaming.
Other than that, I absolutely enjoyed reading your application.

Please fix the item above within 48 hours from the time of review. Failure to do so will result in the application being denied.

REVIEWED: 4/23 /16 TIME: 11:57 PM EST