Not open for further replies.

System_Box

Jan 9, 2020
Finland
MineCraft Username(s):

Answer - System_Box

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

Answer - 5ed62871-3df6-49f2-b8fe-622d0de4e58c

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Answer - 18

Have you read through our rules? (Found here)

Answer - Yes

Do you agree with our rules?

Answer - Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Answer - Searched for the term "Fantasy RPG Minecraft Server"

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

Answer - I've played a bit on the other server, ThroneCraft (or, I think it was called that), I have aswell played on a personal server with my friends (server had a bit of roleplaying).

Is there anything you would like to add?

Answer - If you mean to the server, then no.

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
Answer these definitions using your own words. The definitions can be looked up if necessary, however copy-pasting is not allowed.
What do you define as roleplaying?

Answer - Roleplaying is the interaction between individuals. This interaction has fantasy in it, aswell as a couple of rules.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’

Answer - For example a player in the server joins a high ranking guild/group at the beginning of his/hers story, and is given the greatest available armor, tools etc. And at the same time skipping quests/tutorials (except the ones that are obligatory), meanwhile the other players who also recently started are forced to start from nothing.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’

Answer - Metagaming means that a player uses real-life knowledge to decide his or hers character's next action(s), despite the character never been able to obtain the said knowledge or awareness.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

Answer - A "Mary-Sue" character is someone that is so perfect that there would be no mistakes in his or hers actions. For example, someone with a "Mary-Sue" character is able to perfectly defeat an enemy monster completely flawlessly in order to display their perfection.

Part 3 of 4
Character Creation
Here you will create a character to use on our server.
Provide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.

Answer - 2020-01-09_19.12.29.png

Name:

Answer - Theodore

Answer - 25

Culture:

Answer - Merchant, human

Story & Biography:

Answer - Theodore was lucky, as he was born to a wealthy merchant family. His father, known as Finnan, owned several shops in their home city. Theodore was the only child, as the father did not have the time for more children. He was busy taking care of business. Theodore's childhood in the city was not the greatest, as he didn't have many friends. This is because the majority of the children were poor, so his family did not allow him to play with them. At the age of 5, Theodore's mother died from a disease... This left Theodore traumatized, and he spent the next few years in his room, only to exit when he needed.

Once Theodore became 14 years old, he finally decided to spend his time outside of his room. During his childhood, Theodore grew an interest in his father's job, which was being a merchant. But he did not agree with being a merchant in just one city, he wanted to venture off to the world! Meanwhile he would be selling his things to villagers and farmers.
But he needed to be an apprentice first, before becoming a true merchant. His father took him as his apprentice. During his time as an apprentice, his father trained Theodore to become a masterful merchant, like his father. Although the training was tough for Theodore, he still showed a trait of willingness. He managed to make deals, sell, buy objects, much to the astonishment of his father. Despite of this, Theodore's training was delayed constantly, because he really enjoyed going to the tavern and get himself drunk. "You will never be a merchant, if you keep getting yourself drunk like the peasants!", shouted his father at Theodore.

But all things come to an end. At the age of 21, Theodore's father passed away, after a knife-attack from a thief. This left Theodore heart-broken, as now he had lost both of his parents at a such a young age... He lost the possibility of becoming a merchant, because he lost his father, who was the master. This gave Theodore a hatred for criminals, like thieves, which resulted in Theodore always carrying a weapon.
The company, which his family had run for ages, began to lose money. Eventually the company had lost all of it's money, and Theodore had to file for bankruptcy. Now with nothing left, Theodore was left homeless, unemployed, without a mastership and without a family... And the only relative, that Theodore had left, was a farmer. This farmer, whom Theodore calls Eric, was very poor. Eric was only able to earn his living by growing wheat.
During his time at Eric, Theodore had learnt some valuable lessons on survival. And, perhaps more importantly, the appreciation of money.
Finally, at the age of 23 Theodore was able to spare enough of money, to reach his goal of becoming a merchant... He was able to finish his apprenticeship after 2 years.

The tale of Theodore, the poor merchant, is only beginning...

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spares(if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each of the answered questions.

Question 1
You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Answer: I quickly run to the woman, but with heavy difficulty due to alcohol poisoning, once I get to the woman I see her bleeding violently. I try to calm her by reassuring her, meanwhile knowing I can't do much. I order her to take some cloth from her clothes and put it onto her wound. After some time I pass out due to the alcohol. I wake up with a hard hungover with the dead body of the woman next to me. I freak out because all of the events from yesterday are blurry. The next thing I do is try to alert some nearby guards, if there are any, and they'd hopefully take the body away. After that I try to carry on with my day, if the guards had let me go. If the guards wanted me to come with them to ask some questions about the murder, I would have followed the guards.

Question 2
You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

Answer: Theodore, travelling to Telth, would set up a small tent. Outside of this tent, Theodore would attempt to sell of small things to the passing by people. But he spared the more expensive and valuable objects until he got to Telth. During Theodore's time at Eric, he had learnt how to "speak to the public". With this skill, he would be able to sell some things, but not much, as the people here were quite poor...
During the night-time, Theodore would either seek for a tavern - which he usually did during the evenings - or he would keep his watch... He had a sense that thieves were common in these places.

Question 3
You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

Answer: I ask for directions for a place, where they sell better food. If she says there aren't any, I would skip the food. Theodore wouldn't even trust the old lady, so he tried to pull himself out of the conversation. If she said, that there is another place, Theodore would happily go to the location, he didn't want to eat some strange fish.

Question 4
In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

Answer: I quickly attack the wounded enemy, so that his suffering would end and because he's one of the enemy. At first I hesitate as I haven't killed a human before, but I feel a sense of determination. I can see that the enemy is wounded and in pain, and also perhaps wanting to join his friend in the afterlife. So I take my sword and quickly stab him in the back, and the enemy instantly falls silent. I get a strong feeling of guilt, because of me killing another human. But I try to forget about it, and quickly try to get out of the situation.

Question 5
You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

Answer: Theodore would try to talk his way into the village. Theodore hasn't really talked much to the Northern people, but he'd try to use his talk-skills. If they would allow him to enter, he'd seek a small house or a stable for the night. If Theodore wasn't allowed to get in, he'd try to find some kind of a natural shelter, like a cave, and spend the night there.

Last edited:

Lena

Icy Girl
Staff member
Admin
Developer
Sep 27, 2015
The Mariana Trench

You’re almost there! Your application is pending.
There are only a few things to change for a final decision.
Make the following edits to your application:

1. Your metagaming definition is close but wrong, please do more research.

2. Your definition of powergaming is not 100% accurate to a roleplay context.

2. Your Definition of a Mary Sue character actually defines a powergaming character.

3. Your bio makes no reference or attempts to include the servers established lore. Your character also has an invalid culture listed (All characters on the server are human).

4. The answers to questions 1 and 4 lack significant detail.

Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made these changes and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Lena

Icy Girl
Staff member
Admin
Developer
Sep 27, 2015
The Mariana Trench

Your application has been denied.

While in this state it is unsuitable for approving, you are welcome to try again.

The reasons for the denial are as follows:

Unfortunately you did not make the changes to your application within the two week limit.

Should you choose to re-apply, please make a new application!

Status
Not open for further replies.