DENIED This Whitelist Application procedure gave me covid ._.

Jul 10, 2020
Balkan Trash
The Tale of Banners Whitelist Application:

Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

-Evilpurana

Full UUID for your Minecraft account(s) (Found here):

-3938bd70-e9cf-4272-964e-0c7d27945bf1

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

-Yes

Do you agree with the server rules?

-Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

-Google

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

-Yes: Some experience on a few mmos

Additional Information: (If any)

Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

-To transport yourself into the persona of another character and act as you believe that said character would.

Describe the term ‘power gaming’ in your own words:

-powergaming, consists in achieving end game results (getting the highest and most favorable output possible) , ignoring everything else that constitutes the game as a whole.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

-When someone uses out of character knowledge in character.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

-A Mary Sue is a character who is so perfect that it's probably Jesus himself and he or she warps the world around them to display their perfection and lacks any form of flaws

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

-Out of Character and it should be used incase someone has to do something irl or has a question about something.
Section 3/4 - Character Creation

Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.
2020-07-10_14.01.25.png

Name:

-Willy Bentham

Culture:

-Northerner

Can your character read and write?:

-A little bit

Story & Biography

-Willy is a jack-of-all-trades northerner,has a lust for alchohol,honor and shiny rocks(ores and metals).He is one big big boy and has a thirst for challenges and adventure of any kind after getting tired of the daily routine helping his people all across his homeland of esna.As a northerner his survival and combat skills are far superior than your common adventurer.

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewelry on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

- There's nothing useful about man who is drunk off his mind,what use could i provide? I would just ignore the whole situation and move on considering i would most likely get in trouble just for being in the murder scene,she is a lost cause(especially if i tried to help the woman things would look even more fishy).Hell even if i tried to chase the robber i would likely fall onto my ass on the first few steps running at him,and if i somehow caught him i would end up getting gutted like the woman before me.

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

-Try selling a portion of my "wares" while im outside the city and have a look at the other stalls try to bargain some crap for a cheaper price.Wander around the the refugee camp waiting for time to pass,pay a refugee or hobo whatever is available to cause trouble in hte camp to distract the guards so i can sneak in and get on with selling my "Wares".

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

-Buy the covid fish to eat to my fill and spend the rest of my time dropping a nuclear bomb in the hag's bathroom.And go back to being lost in the swamp only to go around in circles, get lost again and again and years later after becoming the enbodiment of tarzan the hag tells me i was in a coma after smoking a large amount of covid fish(send help)

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

- Taunt him for his pathetic crying while slapping him and proceed to ignore him as there are bigger threats coming my way,pull out my HUUUGE "axe" and proceed to charge in the enemy lines like a real chad and ass whoop anyone who stands in my way..pretty straight forward can't say anything more

Attachments

Last edited:

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

You’re almost there! Your application is pending.

There are only a few things to change for a final decision.

Make the following edits to your application:

1. Your powergaming definition is lacking. Please review other sources for your definition in the context of a multiple character roleplay scenario.

2. Your mary-sue definitions needs to be expanded upon more.

3. Your OOC area does not say where it would be used contextually.

4. Your bio is quite short. Expand on it to at least a decent length paragraph, maybe two. If you need inspiration read on the server lore here.
https://taleofbanners.com/forum/categories/official-canon-lore.158/ (Official Canon Lore)
I'd recommend reading through the northerner cultural lore and through one or two of the locations and picking pieces you like.

5. Your first answer to the questions is absolutely fantastic! If you can expand upon your other answers into longer form answers, you'll be set.

Overall, it was an enjoyable read, and with only a tiny bit more work you'll be accepted.

Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made these changes and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible.

Good luck!

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States
Suspended review. I think you misunderstood with my last question, I was asking to expand on the other questions. Your first answer was good, the others were short. Ill review when you make this change.

TrueParanormal

The Chaotic
Staff member
Event Team Leader
Event Team
Application Team
May 28, 2020
New Jersey

Your application has been denied.

While in this state it is unsuitable for approving, you are welcome to try again.

The reasons for the denial are as follows:

1. Multiple chances were given and the errors were not fixed correctly. So sorry to do this! Please, if you get the chance apply again with a different app.

2. Errors that needed correcting included an expanding of the character biography, including server lore.

3. Your questions have been expanded upon, but lack certain details that are important when interacting with multiple people. The third question and the battle for instance. Your cahracter can walk into the battle like a badass, but surviving is a question. Try to phrase these better for a multiplayer scenario.

Should you choose to re-apply, please make a new application! You don't need to wait or anything, just apply as soon as you can! You can use the same character and everything.

Last edited by a moderator: