Full UUID for your MineCraft account: 3a1eb931-cf9f-4277-a27a-05e14a922c0d

-

What is your age? 17 years
-

Have you read the server rules? Yes

-

Do you agree with the server rules? Yes

-

How did you hear about Tale of Banners? I searched the web for a nice medieval roleplaying minecraft server and found the server´s website.

-

Do you have any previous roleplay experience? Only small experience, nothing notable.

-

Additional Information: -

-

Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions
Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying? Speaking, acting and making decisions from the perspective of a character in order to create a feeling of immersive storytelling for all participants.

-

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words: Over the top use of game mechanics in order to give ingame advantages that have a negative effect on roleplay.

-

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words: Use of OOC knowledge as ingame character in order to give advantages that have negative effect on roleplay.

-

What is a "Mary-Sue" character? A character that has no flaws.

-

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used? It stands for „Out of Character“ and is used to indicate communication that is not part of roleplay.

-

Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin. 2020-06-04_00.11.39.png-

Name: Siegfried Fredrikson

-

-

Culture: Northern

-

Can your character read and write?: Yes

-

Story & Biography:

Siegfried has grown up in a small settlement in the Melting Lands, close to the Shattered Coast, but also not far from the border to the Northern Summit. In his youth, he learned to read and write from an old, wise man, who moved to his settlement from Norvaskr in 966 to escape the great Death that raged in the capital city at that time, accompanied by teachings of religion, survival and fight. In 999, Rithgar reached his home. Alongside with the settlement´s livelihood, most inhabitants lost their lives. The few survivors set out for a new live elsewhere, but the journey thinned their lines further. In those months of travelling through the wilderness, Siegfried´s survival abilities were tested more severely than ever. Having lost everything, from material things over his home to his family, all he´s left with is his moral code of honor, loyalty to his people, the norse, and his longing for a safe home.

Siegfried is very intelligent and well taught, however, he has grown very pragmatic and pessimistic on his journey. He put his books and ideas aside for the work that needs to be done. Maybe one day, when he has roots and a home again, he will return to his political and philosophical ideas, but for now, only the coming day counts. His life has been very hard and this left him devastated. Thus, Siegfried has become very solitary and he does not trust frivolous.

-

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions

-

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

I keep to myself, not trusting anyone, making the best out of the situation. I am used to rough conditions and I know how to keep an eye on my belongings. For the time being, I care about my own affairs and leave as soon as possible.

-

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…
According to my code of honor, I do not execute wounded, defenseless enemies. I leave him there to give the enemy the chance to pay their respect to their fallen and to bury them with honor, just as I would expect it from them. The wounded soldier isnt going to be a threat anymore anyway.
-

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

I approach them by appealing to their honor. They wouldn´t let a fellow Norseman die in the wild, even though they neither like me nor trust me. In return, I present myself to be appreciative and respectful – just as I would expect it from them in the same situation.

-

Last edited:

Lena

Icy Girl
Staff member
Admin
Developer
Sep 27, 2015
The Mariana Trench

You’re almost there! Your application is pending.

There are only a few things to change for a final decision.

Make the following edits to your application:

1. Your culture is listed as 'Nordic'. While the northern culture could be described as Nordic this is not a culture on the server, please list your culture as 'Northern' or North-Folk.

2. In your biography your character comes from a small town in the melting lands. Small towns like this would not have much access to education and without a good reason your character would not be able to read and write realistically.

3. As you only answered three of the open ended questions you may want to think about adding a little more detail, the answered are acceptable as is however.

Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made these changes and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible.

Good luck!

TJ_1302

Jun 3, 2020
Germany
I did some small adjustments to meet the first and second point which are marked in red. I left the questions as they are for now, I hope that´s okay.

Lena

Icy Girl
Staff member
Admin
Developer
Sep 27, 2015
The Mariana Trench

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Your open ended responses still refer to your character as a Norseman but I can look past this and can see you have made the changes!

Also keep in mind that powergaming in a roleplay context can also mean forcing actions on players and not giving them a chance to react.

A good application! Welcome to the server!

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.

Status
Not open for further replies.