ACCEPTED Turtle109's Application

Turtle109

Oct 20, 2019
Canada
MineCraft Username(s):

Answer - Turtle109

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

Answer - 483b3eee-944c-4fb6-aefd-dfcfae6e3924

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Answer - 20

Have you read through our rules? (Found here)

Answer - Yes

Do you agree with our rules?

Answer - Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Answer - Through a friend, Lewis!

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

Answer - Yes, a few years worth.

Is there anything you would like to add?

Answer - Green Harmony is cool

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
Answer these definitions using your own words. The definitions can be looked up if necessary, however copy-pasting is not allowed.

What do you define as roleplaying?

Answer - Pretending to be somebody you are not.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’

Answer: Power gaming is playing to win. an example is when you emote in combat with another player that you definitely do something, rather than attempt to do something

Describe the term ‘metagaming’

Answer -When someone uses information in character that they only know out of character

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

Answer - A character with unrealistic skills or traits

Part 3 of 4
Character Creation
Here you will create a character to use on our server.

Provide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.

Answer - https://gyazo.com/fce08be53769c5338e39768ad358ceed (Screenshot - fce08be53769c5338e39768ad358ceed - Gyazo)

Name:

Answer - Nikolas Telford

Answer - 30

Culture:

Answer - Oserian

Story & Biography:

Answer -

Nikolas Telford is a man of average height, and slim build. He has dark brown hair and blue eyes. his boots are somewhat scuffed and worn, and he wears plain trousers and a hooded coat. He carries a backpack with the Oakenbri City Watch insignia emblazoned on it. He carries himself cheerfully, most times. He is without any visible weapon.

Nikolas was born in Tarishaw, to a commoner family. He was the only son of his parents, who worked as a midwife and a cook, respectively. When he was around 4 years of age, his family was one of many whom, seeking refuge from the plague which had begun to ravage the southlands, migrated north.

His family settled in Oakenbri, where his father quickly found work, cooking for an inn in the growing community. He had a quiet childhood, and yearned to see more of the world. He figured his best way to do so, was military service of some sort. When he was (almost) old enough to enlist to the City Watch, he did so enthusiastically. He was accepted, luckily. He held a modest rank and enjoyed guard duty, as well as cooking occasionally for others. the work offered him a chance to meet all sorts of new people.

Two such people of great importance to Nikolas were Kolt and Marcus, fellow soldiers of the City Watch. The trio became close friends, their companionship enduring many years of service and travels. They tried to serve together, or stay in contact through letter when possible. When duty seperated them, they would meet each year or so at their garrison, to exchange tales and celebrate.

Telford took any opportunity he could to travel, and on one such travel through the Oserian plains, met some Yalek people, one of whom in particular he befriended. He told Nikolas tales of his family and peoples, and shared with him their “kush” or pipe weed (of which Telford was quite fond.) Telford left inspired by their nomadic way of life.

On a particularly lengthy posting to the Southern Oserian Border, he met and fell in love with a girl named Ava, whom he courted the entire two years or so. With the growing threat of the plague, many troops were called back from the south. He lamented his return to northern Oseria, and the couple exchanged simple wooden rings before his departure, knowing they may never again meet. He holds her memory fondly in his heart and is hopeful she and her family have been untouched by hardships.

Upon his regular return to Oakenbri Garrison to meet with his comrades some time ago, Telford learned that Marcus had abandoned his post to support his family and his plague stricken wife. Kolt told him that, according to a letter, Marcus’ wife had passed, and his grief stricken companion was residing with his surviving family, down south.

Currently, Telford is traveling south with mutual friend Vanessa Silverhand to collect Marcus and company. The pair intend to persuade him to come further north to Avendale before the plague causes a stricter quarantine.

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spares(if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each of the answered questions.

Question 1
You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Answer:
I stroll out into the night air, taking a deep breath as I exit the tavern. As I happen along the cobbled road a commotion in an alleyway catches my attention, and the thief rushes past me. Upon noticing the collapsed figure in the alleyway my attention is drawn away from the thief. I approach the victim and quickly offer to help. After wrapping her bleeding wound in a cloth, I would take her to the tavern to ask other patrons to help me get her medical attention.

Question 2
You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

Answer:
Looking about the camp, I would seek out first some stall selling food, where I would purchase enough to share. From there, I would find someone begging, or looking particularly hungry. Whereupon I would offer to share some of my food with them. This with the hopes of making friends, and learning more about the peoples in the camp. As well as just to pass the time.

Question 3 (5)
You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

Answer:
Approaching the village, I would do my best to seem non threatening or overtly foreign. With any luck, the village will have a tavern where I would seek shelter from the cold. In conversation with any locals, I would be honest and polite while and sharing my plight with them. In the absence of local currency, I would offer any meager supplies I have left, in return for hospitality.

Verando

Application Team
Staff member
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.
You will now be whitelisted on the server.
Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.