ACCEPTED - ultraseagull Whitelist Application | Tale of Banners Roleplaying Community Forum

ACCEPTED ultraseagull Whitelist Application

ultraseagull

Nov 29, 2020
USA
The Tale of Banners Whitelist Application:

Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

ultraseagull

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

7e2bfaab-e86e-4e79-802d-386cd150ba12

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

Yes

Do you agree with the server rules?

Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Googled minecraft rp servers

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

Yes but it was so long ago I can’t even remember the server name

Additional Information: (If any)

N/A
Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions
Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

Becoming and acting as a character

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

Making your character super strong and deciding the outcome of interactions without agreement of all parties involved.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

Using real world knowledge that your character would have no way of knowing

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

A perfect character with no flaws or weaknesses who act as though the world revolves around them

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

Out of character, it should be used when speaking out of character

Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

1606675415198.png

Name:

Bennett Brown

Culture:

Oserian

Can your character read and write?:

Yes, but not proficiently

Story & Biography

Bennett was born to peasant parents in the Duchy of Avendale. He was preceded by two older brothers, an older sister, and followed by one younger brother. His parents were farmers and tended to a bit of land and some livestock. The Brown family’s history in Oseria can be traced back to around 725 A.T., arriving just after the second Grand King was crowned. The family has always been made up of peasant farmers, and in 964 A.T., Bennett’s grandparents and great grandparents made a sturdy living farming Ascus just before the second outbreak of the Great Death.
Bennett was a rather quiet child compared to his siblings, and often preferred the company of the farm animals over other people. After his chores were finished for the day, Bennett would typically spend his afternoons stumbling his way through any book he could get his hands on with the animals as his audience. Bennett’s father would ridicule his reading habits, as he thought the skill was useless to a poor peasant farm boy. His mother, however, would sometimes “leave” a book laying out in the kitchen for Bennett to find.
As Bennett grew older, he spent less time with the animals and more time in the fields doing more physically demanding tasks. His people skills also improved a bit, but Bennett is still rather shy and will typically avoid interaction with others unless it is necessary. The only people Bennett ever really felt a connection to was his mother, and his younger brother. Unfortunately, a little while after Bennett’s 15th birthday, his mother fell terribly ill and never recovered. Devastated by his wife’s death, Bennett’s father turned to alcohol. Things went steadily downhill for Bennett and his siblings, until one day their father, unbearably burdened by his grief and the constant reminders of his great loss that his children were, left and never returned. The family’s land was inherited by Bennett’s oldest brother. The siblings tended to the farm themselves for a while, but one by one they all left the Duchy of Avendale to seek their own lives, leaving Bennett alone in his hometown.

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

I freeze for a moment, processing the scene that has just unfolded before my very eyes. I snap out of my momentary trance, and look around for any bypassers. I run towards the woman and drop to my knees beside her. I yell for help, as I am not well versed in any type of medical care. I sit there and look over the woman helplessly. I have no idea how to help her, other than to call for help with every gasp of air in my lungs.

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

I wander around the refugee camp, looking curiously into each and every stall, but not purchasing anything or striking up conversation with anyone. Some things in the stalls do look intriguing, but I am surrounded by strangers and I’ve not much money to spare to purchase anything anyways.

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

I freeze, and slowly lower my weapon from the wounded soldier. I look back and forth between the advancing enemy forces and the terribly bloodied enemy soldier. His cries echo in my mind, and remind me of my father’s after the loss of my mother. I look back at the advancing danger, and then at the soldier once more. My gaze lingers on him for a moment before I make my decision. I turn sharply on my heel, and take off in the opposite direction, leaving the wounded soldier in the mud to grieve his fallen friend.

Attachments

• 1606675310672.png
    1606675310672.png
    831.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Kiev

Staff member
Aug 12, 2020
United States [CST]
A great example of a good application! There are a few things I'd like to see edited a bit before it can be approved though. My discord is Kiev#7427, or if you prefer to talk in-game I'm online often.

Kiev

Staff member
Aug 12, 2020
United States [CST]

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.
You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.