ACCEPTED ultrlight application

ultrlight

Mar 19, 2019
UK
Part 1 of 4
Out of Character
Provide information about yourself here.

MineCraft Username(s):

Answer - ultrlight

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

Answer - 524bfd5b-6720-4f89-9a3f-ad4577de7043

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Answer - 19

Have you read through our rules? (Found here)

Answer - Yes

Do you agree with our rules?

Answer - Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Answer - Google 'low fantasy minecraft rp server'

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

Answer - Plenty in Minecraft as well as other video games and tabletop.

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
Answer these definitions using your own words. The definitions can be looked up if necessary, however copy-pasting is not allowed.
What do you define as roleplaying?

Answer - Playing a character to explore fictional stories with others.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’

Answer - Forcing another player's actions, or killing/destroying their property without prior consent.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’

Answer - Using knowledge attainted outside of your character's limits to benefit your character.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

Answer - A stereotypically bland, yet overpowered character that adheres to generic tropes and character traits, as well as being seemingly skilled in every field.

Part 3 of 4
Character Creation
Here you will create a character to use on our server.
Provide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.

Answer - SARE12.png

Name:

Answer - Thorick Boldain

Answer - 38

Culture:

Answer - Northman (Midlands)

Story & Biography:

Answer - A steely, winter-hardened Northman, Thorick has been loyal to his King since birth. Coming from humble backgrounds, Thorick found honour and glory through hard work, blood, and sweat. For almost two decades he served the Northern army before sustaining serious, life-changing injuries, which nearly left him crippled. Now in his late-thirties, Thorick is retired from his previous position, and, although he can still hold his own in a swordfight, his limp and chest injuries mean that his days of warfare are behind him. He now spends his days training troops, travelling, and reading in his spare time.

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spares(if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each of the answered questions.

Question 1
You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

Answer: Explore the camp, talk to some of the refugees, hear their stories. I am by no means closed-minded and always eager to hear a tale. Although Northmen are typically closed-off and uninterested in other cultures, my experiences have led me to find a great interest in unique stories, stories that I myself could not have lived out.

Question 2
You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

Answer: I take closer look at the food. As long as it doesn't appear life-threatening, then I'm sure I will stomach it. I've survived on worse in the North. It is important to take a meal when you can find it, as you never know when your next one will be. My belly is iron, and I keep the putrid food down, and I do not regret it.

Question 3
In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

Answer: I am a man of honour, and to have honour means to have mercy. We shan't lose the war over one grieving survivor. I pray that the Five guide the spirit of the dead man, and I turn on my heel, returning to join my troop.

GreenHarmony

Reviews Things
Staff member
Admin
Event Team Leader
Application Team Leader
Jan 8, 2016
Rīga

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.
While I usually recommend everyone to start out fresh and gain their in-character experiences and decays alike on the server itself, I cannot force it! May the limp not be too much of a nuisance. Additionally, the northerners aren't usually big on reading. Even the members of the high family of the north, Longwinters, cannot read. That may be something to reconsider.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.
Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.