Not open for further replies.

Vale

Jan 15, 2020
Hawaii
MineCraft Username(s):

Answer - Breaker2366

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

Answer - 43f74fe7-33e8-4151-a44d-c7e3684fbf85

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Answer - 20

Have you read through our rules? (Found here)

Answer - Yes

Do you agree with our rules?

Answer - Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Answer - Google

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

Answer - I have roleplayed on a old medieval roleplay server (Was about 2 years ago so cant recall the name), so yes

Is there anything you would like to add?

Answer - I like alchemy, seeing as this is low fantasy i hope i can make this possible

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
Answer these definitions using your own words. The definitions can be looked up if necessary, however copy-pasting is not allowed.
What do you define as roleplaying?

Answer - A person displaying a character and acting according to that character as if they were them

Describe the term ‘powergaming’

Answer - A character that is to powerful almost god like, to powerful for the scenario which ruins RP expeirance

Describe the term ‘metagaming’

Answer - Having and or using knowledge your character in RP would not know about that you used from learning OOC (IE: You know OOC that the blacksmith down the street is in a cult, but it would be metagaming if your character was a gaurd to kick down his door and arrest him since your character does not know)

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

Answer - A Character that is good at everything, and bad at nothing, so they arnt special or unique

Part 3 of 4
Character Creation
Here you will create a character to use on our server.
Provide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.

Answer - With hood 2020-01-14_20.40.34.png
Without Hood
2020-01-14_20.41.07.png

Name:

Answer - Vale Lanigan

Answer - 24

Culture:

Answer - Korsian

Story & Biography:

Answer - Born inside the Emirate of Kharman Vale was a citizen, the son of two alchemists that worked for one of the many houses, he grew learning the trade from his parents since he was a infant. His love for alchemy only grew as he did, sneaking bits of chemical components to make very acids, combustible fluids, powders, and poisons. Though his love for the city and the current way him and his family lived only began to sink as he saw the ships go in and out of the harbor with various supplies, luxuries, and other assortment of items. While he wasn't sneaking components or getting punished for taking them, he would spend his time in the library to read up on various things, history, mathematics, science, and of course alchemy. As a simple citizen he wasn't noticed much for his talent other than the occasional guard catching him late at night in his teens when he would sneak out to test out his mixtures. As his teens grew closer to adulthood he made a decision to use his knowledge to improve the world while making a coin.

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spares(if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each of the answered questions.

Question 1
You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Answer: I would run to the woman, with me not being that athletic i wouldn't catch the thief. I would do what i can to help her while calling the guards for help and trying to carry her out of the alley. After getting a guard's attention i tell him what happens and bring her to either a nearby care building, or a place i know its safe and try to care to her to the best of my abilities. Hopefully if she makes it i let her rest and wait till the morning. In the morning, when she is awake i ask her what happened. When shes in stable condition i would let her leave and give her a suggestion to go to the guards about the theft.

Question 2
You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

Answer: I would make sure my wares are in a safe location to avoid theft, probably near a influx of guards or in a open area. I would then go to the stalls and look at the wares, if there is anything i could maybe use to resupply myself from my travels, or something i can use to make something to sell. After a hour or so of shopping i would take a break near my goods and eat. Once i have eaten, i would try to set up shop and sell what i can here before getting into the city.

Question 3
You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

Answer: Accept the food with uneasiness. I would eat the food, gagging at the taste as i am from a very urban place with urban food. I would eventually eat the food with disgust and continue my travels. While trying to forget about the bad taste in my mouth.

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

There are a few notes. If you want to sell illegal goods such as poisons you will need to create an intrigue application here.

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/intrigue-application.119/ (Intrigue Application)

If you wish to create your own poisons or substances you will need to contact lore team to have them officially accepted

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.

See our Discord for more information on the release.

Status
Not open for further replies.