Waffle's Whitelist Application

Waffle

Aug 14, 2019
United States
Part 1 of 4

Out of Character

Provide information about yourself here.?

MineCraft Username(s):

Answer - Dylmeister41

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

Answer - d3703ed5-826c-4aec-9be0-7435c117cba7

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Answer - 16

Have you read through our rules? (Found here)

Answer - Yes

Do you agree with our rules?

Answer - Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Answer - I google searched for, "minecraft roleplay servers," this was the first real roleplay server I found.

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

Answer - I do not have any first-hand experience, however when my older brother used to roleplay I would watch him, so I have a little bit of an understanding of how to roleplay.

Is there anything you would like to add?

Answer - I am excited to roleplay, as it would be my first real time doing it. I hope I do well and I hope for many exciting experiences within the server.

Part 2 of 4

Terms & definitions

Answer these definitions using your own words. The definitions can be looked up if necessary, however copy-pasting is not allowed.

?

What do you define as roleplaying?

Answer - Acting as a character that you would normally not be able to experience.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’

Answer - Powergaming is, having the goal of maximizing your characters power output, instead of building a balanced character with an intention to roleplay.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’

Answer - Metagaming is, using information you yourself know and giving it to your character that your character would have no way of knowing.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

Answer - A character that is too perfect and has virtually no flaws.

Part 3 of 4

Character Creation

Here you will create a character to use on our server.

?

Provide us with an in game screenshot of your character’s skin.

Answer - 1565812413443.png

Name:

Answer - Thadaec Ashcoat

Answer - 32 years old

Culture:

Answer - Northerner. Sub-culture - Midlands folk

Story & Biography:

Answer - The clan was left lavished and fretful after the ostentatious blizzard Rithgar ravaged the land. Clanless, Thadaec had to survive on his own and after a few months of relentless suffering Thadaec decided it was time to seek kinship once more. After wandering for what seemed like forever, he stumbled across a small settlement in which he was welcomed with open arms. He was welcomed into the village, however he was not welcomed into a family or clan. Thadaec was allowed to stay in the local inn if he worked for them. For a while he was living comfortably, but he knew he wanted more, he wanted to feel like someone appreciated him. He decided to try his hand at smithing. At first it was difficult, he was adept at the trade and could not do much in terms of actual blades. Thadaec continued like this for a month, however he was making almost know progress. A wave of depression crashed upon his soul and he felt as if Hedren and his teachings grew further and further away from him. At the brink of the end, Thadaec decided to wander to try to find a good tree. Whilst on death row, Thadaec stumbled upon a wounded wolf. He felt oddly related to the poor creature and decided to nurse it back to health. For once in Thadaec's life he felt as if something needed him. After realizing the wolf was what he needed he decided to name it Amadeus and domesticated it. Amadeus not only cured his depression, but also motivated him to continue his work. Thadaec started to see actual progress in his work and became renowned, at least in his settlement, for his excellency in blacksmithing. For once in his life Thadaec could be considered happy, but he knew he had so much to improve in the way of the blade. Up until now Thadaec was only forging weapons, he knew in his quest to mastery, that forging armor was a vital step in the journey. A year has passed and progress in Thadaec's mastery slowed. He knew in order to hone his skills faster, he had to learn from a master. This began his Trek across the various lands of Esna.

Part 4 of 4

Open-ended questions

At least three must be answered. Delete the spares(if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each of the answered questions.?

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Answer: Being in this situation once before I run towards the wounded lady and do what I can to help. After my healing supplies run out I notice the woman is not looking much better(probably on the account that I am pretty drunk). I offer some comfort saying, "everything will get better." That is when I left tripping over my feet to find someone to help in the tavern. The bartender saw the worry on my face and with a heavy slur in my speech, told him everything that had happened. He gathered his supplies and helped the woman as best he could. I just stood there hoping that the poor woman would make it. I have no recollection of the theif on the account of my drunkness.

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is

filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

Answer: I decide to build up as much reputation as possible and go around to different shopping stalls showing my wares. I feel that I received positive feedback from the merchants and some even purchased my blades for a few gold. I feel bad for the refugees however there is not much that I can do to help them so I leave them alone. With not much more to do I decide to inquire about different blacksmiths within the city in which I may be able to hone my craft from. After the completion of the inquiries I settle down and rest until I gain access to the city.

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

Answer: By the Way of the Five I cannot act dishonorably by murdering a defenseless soldier on the battlefield, however it is a hard decision to make. This is war and he has physical defense, but not the mental fortitude to continue. I should eliminate the competition but something inside of me tells me it is wrong. Maybe it is because I have felt this pain before, but my soul would not rest easy if I murdered this man. I decide to continue on and ignore this poor soul.

GreenHarmony

Reviews Things
Staff member
Admin
Event Team Leader
Application Team Leader
Jan 8, 2016
Arkham Asylum

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.
Great application for a beginner! If you ever need any help with anything roleplay related, feel free to private message me(Ekk) on discord.
You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.