DENIED - WestSparrows Whitelist Application | Tale of Banners Roleplaying Community Forum

DENIED WestSparrows Whitelist Application

WestSparrow

Jun 15, 2020
Australia
The Tale of Banners Whitelist Application:

Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

-WestSparrow

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

-97855bfd-003b-40ae-84b7-72c66341e0a7

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

-Yes

Do you agree with the server rules?

-Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

-google searched for Minecraft Medieval servers

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

-Back in 2017 i use to role-play a lot on different servers and then gave minecraft a break for couple years, wanting to get back into it so this will be my first time back on the minecraft Scene :)

Additional Information: (If any)

-
Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions
Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

-Roleplay is when a person creates a character and acts out that characters traits and personality.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

-Powergaming is a way people try to maximise their power in a way that many believe to be absurd or unnecessary.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

-Metagaming is normally using considered as using OOC knowledge to give your IC person an advantage in a situation where they would have no possible way of knowing IC.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

-A Mary-sue character is considered an almost perfect or one without few short comings, as people normally are talented in some aspects and lack in others, as should peoples character.

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

-OOC or Out Of Character should predominantly be used when discussing non character related aspects that wouldn't require RP or just general interactions so that players can still interact without using their characters.

Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

-Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 4.36.15 pm.png

Name:

-Bellamy Rurik

Culture:

-Northerner (Midland Folk)

Can your character read and write?:

-Yes

Story & Biography (please go into detail, we recommend two paragraphs but expect at least one. Please outline character history, personality traits and the things that make your character unique. Have fun with this section!)

'Bellamy!
*my eyelids start to shutter open and widen as I'm awoken by the loud summoning of the captain*
'Pull your head in!
'you sleep on your own time not on mine, Get your pretty self up the mast and tighten the main line!
*i quickly pull myself up from behind the stocked kegs as i yawn and begin my ascent up towards the crows nest*
'On my ship I AM THE KING, MY WORD IS LAW! *He Signals the Quartermaster the wind up and provide me with some 'corrective Training*
*The Quartermaster throws him arm back and wretches his whip forward, its tip making contact with my face just above my eye*
*I quickly drop the floor clutching my face as it begins to bleed, the Quartermaster echoing the Captains orders,
i quickly rise to my feet and bandage my eye as the blood starts to flow above my eyebrow and into my eyes, it will heal in time, but first, i must play this mans stupid game if i am to make it to this new land, the gods know there is no place left for me back home*
*as i approach the crows nest, my closest thing to a friend on this merchant ship speaks out to me*
"Making friends with the captain aye?'
'The fool forgets himself, had he pulled this tinderbox into my bay, i'd have it set alight and the man hanged'
'Perhaps it is you who forgets yourself, from what the other man say, your families made themselves well acquainted with the gallows'
*i give him a sharp look before a smirk quickly rolls over my face*
'i suppose that tends to happen when father bleeds the common folk dry and murders his wife'
'did your father ever confess to killing the Duchess?'
'Anyone with a brain could of pieced it together, he knew he would hold the position of regent for enough years to cement himself as the appropriate ruler whilst i came of age, i would of hung the man myself, had he not locked me in the tower.'
'Suppose you're lucky you were covered in sh*t when the townsfolk stormed the castle and you managed to escape'
'indeed, but it seems that was the extent of my luck'
*as we continue to converse, the sound of the Quartermaster shouting demands can be heard below, i quickly begin my orders my tightening the lines*

*as the days settled into weeks, i try to make myself scarce in the captains eyes, often purposely avoiding him, quickly grabbing a mop and picking up the closest cargo i could carry whenever he or the Quartermaster footsteps can be heard. As the sun begins to settle behind the horizon, i have no doubt that we would be arriving at this new land i had only heard of, Esna i believe the folk of the land call it*
*My mind begins to settle and i begin to feel the sweet embrace of sleep before the undeniable sound of cannon fire can be heard in the distance. i sit up almost dazed, did i imagine it?*
*Suddenly the below decks are peppered with cannon fire, bits of debris fly across the room, i quickly shield my eyes before another two cannon balls rip through, shifting the cargo and allowing the sea to begin pouring into the bowels of the ship*
'WE'RE A MERCHANT SHIP, WE'RE UNARMED, WE'RE UNARMED'
*Sailors can be heard screaming at our attackers from above, i quickly try to make my way onto the deck as the ship continues to take on water*
'WE'RE PLEDGED TO NO ONE, WE'RE SIMPLY MERCHANTS'
*As i make my way above deck, i sight the Captain stumbling out of his Quarters as the other sailors continue to plead with her attackers , as i look across the sea, the notorious Jolly Rodger aggressively wavering above the dark vessel, its outline barely made out as the select placement of torches lights it frame*
*As i rush to help a few other sailors prepping the long boats, debris, cannon fire and the screams of the wounded surround me, as we hastily attempt to lower the long boats, i muster all my strength on the line as we lower the boat into the water, another sailor across from me supporting the other line, panicked sailors quickly throwing supplies and themselves into the boats and over the sides of the ship in an attempt to survive, the Merchant Vessel now having caught alight as the barley and wheat in the stored spacings now coming into contact with the torches that illuminated the ship, no doubt making as an easy target for the Privateers that continue to litter the Vessel in cannon fire*
'WE'RE LAUNCHING THE BOATS, GO NOW GO GO!
*i release the line and quickly turn to grab some supplies, as a sailor quickly appearing behind me and bashing my head with the row paddles, i stumble backwards and lose my footing, as i feel myself go overboard. dazed and falling backwards, i try to curl into a ball expecting to be greeted by the freezing sea below, but am quickly met by the solid wooden long boat i had just helped lower into the water, my back makes first contact and as i attempt to let out a screech of pain, the back of my head is met by the frame of the boat just as my vision fades to black*
*next thing i know, i awaken in a turned over long boat thats been beached on the shoreline, non of my fellow sailors in my sights, no doubt they had assumed i wouldn't make it and left me for dead*

(Please note although the character you apply with can commit illegal or immoral acts you cannot do these things on the server without an Intrigue application. This can be applied for once you are whitelisted.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/intrigue-application.119/ (Intrigue Application)
(You are also able to apply with a noble but keep in mind you cannot play a noble character on the server unless you join an accepted noble house or apply for one.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/noble-houses.142/ (Noble Houses)
-

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

-*i sight the man making his way hastily down the alleyway, i quickly step back behind the wall, hoping to gain the element of surprise, the hooded figure quickly appearing in front of me, nows my chance, without hesitation i lunge at the man, hoping to take hold of his cloak, clothing, anything to take control. as i take hold of the mans left arm, now I've got him, i quickly attempt to reach for his other arm before he begins to swing his blade towards me. i quickly duck and step back, releasing the man and gaining some distance*
'i take it those fine jewels don't belong to you? *A smile forming on my face*
'that tongues not going to belong to you if you don't back off'
'take it easy friend, i was simply trying to perform my civic duty, I'm obviously no match for you, please go'
*As the hooded figure begins to step away, i quickly lean down and grab a lose piece of the cobblestone alleyway and hurl it at him and attempt to lunge at him once more*

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

-*i look down at the man, my sword dripping in the blood of his fellow comrades, my fellow arms man advancing behind me and continue to clash with the enemy forces. i continue my approach, practically standing over the man as he continues to wail over the death of this man, was he a friend? a brother? i cannot say, but i refuse to smite a man down on his knees... i pierce my sword into the ground beside me, the soldier looks up at me, tears continue to pour down his cheek, i pick up another dead soldier near the man*
'ugh, lie down over him, my soul may haunt me at the thought but others may not be so kind, lie down beside him'
*the soldier slowing his wailing and quickly trying to place himself alongside his fallen comrade, i place the dead soldier i picked up over the pair of them, before taking up my sword once more and continuing on with the battle*

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

*i make my way into the tavern, as i continue to shiver and seal the door behind me, the residents of this town attempting to fight the cold by filling their bellies with mead and brandy, the once quiet conversing quickly shifting to a complete silence as i enter*
'Don't mind me folks, I'm simply trying to fight the weather same as all of you'
*i take steps towards the bar*
'Don't suppose i could have a drink to lift my spirits and heat my blood?
*the barkeep stares at me before a townsmen leans against the bar beside me and asks for 2 more pints, they quickly fill the tankards and pass them to the man, the townsmen placing a few coins on the counter before walking off with the tankards*
'Yeah so i'll have what he's having'
'you' can take up a seat in the corner and not be seen or heard, or you'll be cupping your B*lls out in the storm, now P*ss off''
*i give the barkeep a stern look before i quickly take up their offer of cowering away from the cold in the corner, this is unacceptable i think to myself, i deserve more, i deserve better! these common folk will learn some manners beneath my boot!

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

You’re almost there! Your application is pending.

There are only a few things to change for a final decision.

Make the following edits to your application:

1. Your powergaming definition is lacking. Please review other sources for your definition in the context of a multiple character roleplay scenario.

2. You applied none of the server lore in your bio, only going so far as to say your character is a northerner.

3. You mentioned the use of cannons in your bio, there are no cannons in Esna. You could maybe substitute this with other siege weapons, gunpowder, cannons, clockwork mechanisms, and the like are not a part of the sever lore.

4. Your character claims to be from a different continent. In Esna, the world only has one known continent that is currently inhabited. Please use that information.

5. Your question's imply and dicate some other character's actions and come across as powergamey, please reword these.

You clearly have put in much effort into making the character, but you must put effort into making the character fit within the world so as not to be an anomoly with the rest of the world. Read through our lore thouroughly to make changes. I'd recommend looking how each of the nation's naval cultures has adapted through time.

Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made these changes and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible.

Good luck!

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Your application has been denied.

While in this state it is unsuitable for approving, you are welcome to try again.

The reasons for the denial are as follows:

1. Time has expired for the response.

Should you choose to re-apply, please make a new application!