Jun 14, 2017
Florida
Part 1 of 4
OOC
MineCraft Username(s): Whipped_Spud, Dessie_Fiyah

How old are you? 18

What is your favourite colour? Purple

Have you read the rules? Da, yes.

Do you fully agree to the rules and... Da?
If yes, which is your favourite? My favorite is the no strip mining rule, I personally do not like the ooc mining.
If no, what would you change?

How did you hear about Tale of Banners? Tea Cup, my wonderful friend.

What is your previous roleplay experience? Years and Years

Is there anything you would like to add? Puppies!

Part 2 of 4

Terms & definitions

What is roleplaying? Having fun in a state that is not oneself by playing a character: Acting

What is powergaming? Pushing powers that your character doesn't have, or pushing your powers onto other players.

What is metagaming? USing out of character knowledge in character

What is a Mary-Sue? I assume a generic character with no depth? A flat character? never heard the term before.

Part 3 of 4
Character
MineCraft skin's screenshot: http://imgur.com/a/E8cQg

Name: Reynel Remington Der'Ric/Del'Sol (Remi)

Race: Human, closest being French.

Story & details:Remi grew up in a church, where her mother was a reformed prostitute working as a sort of religious worker. As she grew up, the cultists took over the church, and brutally applied their beliefs. Remi's mother was sent away when she was young, and Remi was trained how to read and write with little freedom. She eventually escaped, and took up with a wandering troubador. She soon learned how to play the guitar, and assisted the poet in his journies. When she had earned enough coin, she headed to Novania to search for her. Alas, she was too late, and her mother was already dead. She took up with another, yet older, orphan named Jha'Zara with the Beastfolk curse. The Raven-person took care of them until they were executed for arson that they did not commit. They were put into the orphanage with their new friend Jamie. They promised to eachother to be sisters forever, and began a series of misadventures including arson, running from angry forests, poisoning wells, and making adorable flower crowns for the guards. They were taken in by a Man named Tam, and began their new family life. Everything, however, was steadily going to shit. Jamie's real mother was arrested for political reasons, presumably executed. Remi's adoptive mother Anna fell into steady depression, despite Remi's attempts. Eventually, all Remi could find comfort in was her sister and playing music in the local tavern. Her friend Majid there encouraged her to find more friends, yet she could find none that wanted anything to do with her. Tam eventually left the city, leaving Remi and Jamie to fend for themselves. Remi lied about her age, claiming to be a full adult by law, but remained with her adoptive mother until she was emotionally kicked out. This was when the sky first turned red, and the undead assault on Novania began. Remi couldn't handle it anymore, and convinced Jamie to flee to an abandoned island with her. There, she protected her sister for the full year of red-sky. In the end, she convinced Jamie to leave for a distant land with her, after saying goodbye to Tam. Yet, Tam was nowhere to be found. To avoid hearing of his death, Remi took Jamie on the first ship to Nobugo... yet on the way there something strange happened. A Manastorm shook the ship, stealing crew members with lightning Tendrils. As Jamie was tore away from her grasp, Remi screamed out "Take me too you damn abomination!" The storm obliged and, she woke on a shoreline with Jamie.

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spare(if applicable).
Q1
You find yourself in an arena surrounded by high sandstone walls. Much like all the dozen of strangers in the arena, you only have a robe - the single weapon is a spear on the ground, in the very centre of the arena. You are a short sprint's distance from it - closer than most of the others - but even so the others have already spotted it and are running to grab it. They seem to be ready to fight for their lives. You...

I run to the corner, watching in fear as they start fighting over the spear. I look around, shaking, and start crying. As one of the others go down, the spear gets lodged in their ribs. The rest start kicking, punching in biting. As I watch the horrible carnage, the screams of onlookers raging the others on, I think about my life, and how it got to this point. I cry one more time for my mother, for Jha'Zara, and those I left behind that believed in me. At the end, the others have incapacitated themselves. I walk over, tears still streaming down my face, and spit on the one who stabbed the first man. "Bastards..." I whisper as I hear the roar, the gate lifting up to show a lion coming into the arena. In vain, I attempt to unwrench the spear. In the end, I let the lion feast on the others as I run away inside the arena's lifted gate. Perhaps I can make a new life...

Q2
You're heading home after some drinking at the tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

I rush over to the woman, and start tearing my clothing. She needs to be bandaged immediately, or she won't make it. "For lights sake... alright, as long as I keep pressure you'll be okay." I hold the pressure, praying the guard comes soon. The woman passes out, and when the guard arrives she is dead despite my efforts. He grabs me by the arm and says "You're hearby arrested for murder. Your sentence is the fighting Arena." he knocks me on the head with his club, and it all goes black...

Q3
You've gotten lost and wandered awhile, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

Politely decline, and search for frogs to eat instead.
Q4
In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as he cradles one of his dead. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. He continues to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name is despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You...

Drop my weapon, and stare at the devastation of the battlefield myself. Its too much, i want to go home, I want my mother... I too curl into a ball. The soldier and my own backs touch, and we both sit in terror, both sides. The horror of war...

Verando

Application Team
Staff member
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States
Hello, my name is Verando and I am reviewing your application today. It has been put on ...
PENDING
  • You mention Undead, and a specific city. The server is low fantasy, and as such undead so not exist. I cant blame you for the particular city, but please generalize locations and message me for details of you wish.
  • Human isn't a race. Northerner, Oserian, Korsian are all playable. Oserian is probably what you want.
  • Your skin picture is blurry. I would appreciate a better look.
I know it's a bit to fix but you can do it.
Please make the challenges above within the span of 72 hours from the time reviewed. Failure to do so will result in denial of the application and you will have to reapply 24 hours from the denial date. Message me or reply here when you made the changed and I'll take another look.

*Note that lore is under construction. PM me for more information

Time / Date reviewed: December 4th, 2017 6:50 PM CST

Last edited: