north america east
Minecraft Username(s):
I_XDRA_I
-

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):
b7ce64de-e997-4566-8c39-e4e3c92260df
-

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

-

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)
yes
-

Do you agree with the server rules?
yes
-

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?
I heard it from my friend (chop) a couple of days ago and it sounds like a fun experience
-

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

I have played a couple of roleplay servers, and I'm currently in a DND campaign with a few friends
-

Additional Information: (If any)
i have been banned from a few minigame minecraft servers years ago when i was younger. I grew up since then. and i have realized those actions are
unacceptable

What do you define as roleplaying?
escaping into another world with friends, have a good time and learn new things
-

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:
min-maxing your OCs stats to be the strongest you possibly can be, trying to force RP scenarios.
-

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:
being omniscient and looking past the knowledge your character knows
-

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?
a flawless character poorly written one dimensional character, who can do no wrong
usually is super strong and makes themselves the center of attention
-

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?
out of character should only be used when speaking in out of character chats

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

-

Name:
Aric

-

-

Culture:
Northman

-

Can your character read and write?:
yes

Story & Biography (please go into detail, we recommend two paragraphs but expect at least one. Please outline character history, personality traits and the things that make your character unique. Have fun with this section!)

Im a northerner, i grew up in a small working village in Flintswood. My dad a hard worker and a honest drunk. my Mother a great woman a warrior and taking care of our family teaching me how to read and write. As i started getting older so did my opinions on this village, I wanted to stay here my whole life when i turned 17 I knew i had to leave. i couldn't sit in those mines all day I went to my seer. and he helped me align with the five
the seer:" hello son. what is it that you are looking for?"
me:"i need to find importance in life"
the seer:" ill tell you the story of, Elni"
The seer helped me find Elni, the spirit of fortune, he helped me find my true calling in life
I travelled by myself for so long i forgot what a home cooked meal tastes like, and ive grown a hatred for having to rely and ask for help

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

i step into the alleyway, Stopping the thief and taking the jewelry right from his hands, i walk up the lady
me:"here miss" * i drunkenly tear up old cloth in my pocket* this will help stop the bleeding"
the lady: "th- thanks"
me:* i gently put the jewelry down in front of her. make a sly smile and leave*
-

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

I have been waiting for an opportunity for years, what will sitting around for a few extra days do? I go in and the smell instantly hit me. I set up a little camp. once im satisfied with it i start looking around, seeing people laugh together and dance, people hastily setting up small makeshift vendors
I start making my way to some of the vendors that are made
me:"hey there what ye sellin?"
the vendor owner:"apples one for one or five for three"
me:" nice prices i put the coins on the table, and he hands my five small out of shape apples. * i take a bite out of one* and a sour rotten taste hits my mouth. i try not to show it " thanks for the dinner"
* i walk back to my tent spitting chunks of the apple out as i make my way back*

-

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

ive been making my way through the Drahl lands for days now, I keep heading towards the sun. and on the peak of a hill i see a small old shack, with a old lady in it, i head down to the shack.
me: hey miss what are yo u doing here?"
the crone:" what am i doing here?? why i live here, you look very hungry. i just made some food if ye want it dear.. though outsiders might not do well with it"
me: *i smile at the lady* no thanks, i rather not trust it. and i dont need help. Ive lived off the lands for almsost my whole life. I know how to take care of myself"

-

Last edited:

Acererak

Adam / Byrne
Admin
Jul 19, 2020
California, United States
twitter.com

You’re almost there! Your application is pending.

There are only a few things to change for a final decision.

Make the following edits to your application:

1.Your mary sue description has the right idea, but if you can describe it a bit more in detail.

2.Your biography is a bit short, id like to see it expanded a bit more. Id recommend forming personality traits from events in your past that would influence you now.

3.Your free answer questions are all a bit short. Please expand apon these, you only need to answer 3 of them, and Id recommend writing up a conversation between the npc's presented and your own by demonstrating your role play experience.

Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made these changes and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible.

Good luck!

Acererak

Adam / Byrne
Admin
Jul 19, 2020
California, United States
twitter.com

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.