DENIED whitelist ap for Sagerose

Jan 9, 2019
Tucson Arizona
MineCraft Username(s):

Answer - Sagerose3546

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

Answer - ae3bba82-38d4-4863-8686-6edc587a9375

How old are you? (We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Answer - 17

Have you read through our rules? (Found here)

Answer - yes

Do you agree with our rules?

Answer - yep

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Answer - google searched medieval minecraft roleplay

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

Answer - not in minecraft though I've roleplayed in other games

Is there anything you would like to add?

Answer - nope

Part 2 of 4
Terms & definitions
Answer these definitions using your own words. The definitions can be looked up if necessary, however copy-pasting is not allowed.
What do you define as roleplaying?

Answer - playing a character that can be similar or different than you and can be played in any era, race, and genre.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’

Answer - powergaming is learning a game inside and out to make your character powerful even if that means sacrificing roleplay and the other player's enjoyment.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’

Answer - using outside knowledge of the game that the character wouldn't have knowledge of in the game ( seriously, why would someone do that? )

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

Answer - a character that can do anything even if really they shouldn't be able to do, they can be very overpowered which make roleplying with a "Mary-Sue" can be very boring

Part 3 of 4
Character Creation
Here you will create a character to use on our server.
Provide us with an ingame screenshot of your character’s skin.

Answer - 2019-01-09_04.47.24.png

Name:

Answer - Sagerose

Answer - 19

Culture:

Answer - Oserian

Story & Biography:

Answer - Sagerose or more commonly known as "Sage" lives a nomad's life never staying in one place for too long she doesn't have any particular belief and mainly follows her own moral codes which are as follows "always lend a helping hand when it's needed", "everyone is an enemy until proven otherwise" and finally "only those who you trust and know completely shall be entrusted with knowledge of the past" Sagerose says very little to someone she doesn't know and can come off as cold and shy. though once someone gains her trust she becomes very loyal. she is kind and loves animals, in fact, one way to get her to talk is when she's taking care of any local strays in the town she's in at the time. her past closely guarded and very few know it, her family was murdered in front of as a child. she ran from her hometown and traveled ever since afterward she had some very bad encounters and learned that if she were to survive she'd have to do it alone.

Part 4 of 4
Open-ended questions
At least three must be answered. Delete the spares(if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each of the answered questions.

Question 1
You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Answer: Sagerose would glance at the women then the man running away deciding it's more important to save the women than to take chase. muttering to herself what she needs to do to keep her mind in the right space while trying to save her it would be one of the rare times where she would try to get attention to herself and the dying women once someone more capable is able to take over she would then retreat back into the shadows while pulling up on her mask to try and hide her face more.

Question 2
You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

Answer: Sagerose would try and find anyone selling books or if there were any animals that might need a helping hand in the camp if so she'd spend her time with the animals and caring for them or reading in a desolate corner trying to keep out of everyone's sight to wait until she's allowed into the city with a sigh of relief once out of the camp.

Question 4
In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

Answer: Sagerose would look at the wounded soldier than at the advancing enemies, sigh and mutter " I just had to join the war didn't I?" before helping the wounded soldier. she'd look at her fellow soldiers and mutter "he might be an enemy but he is still human and so he has the right to live" before lifting the enemy soldier onto her back and staggering away not caring what the others say and defending the enemy soldier until she is able to get somewhere safe where she can clean his wounds and also try and help heal some emotional ones too.

Last edited:

GreenHarmony

Reviews Things
Staff member
Admin
Event Team Leader
Application Team Leader
Jan 8, 2016
Rīga

You’re almost there! Your application is pending.

There are only a few things to change for a final decision.
1. Your open-ended questions seem to contradict. Sagerose seems to be a kind-hearted character with a code to always lend a helping hand. This is mirrored in the last scenario, where she attempts to aid an enemy soldier. However, in the thief scenario, she's more inclined to go after the thief rather than help the dying victim. When presented with situations like this in-game, you should think more about what the character you have created would do.
2. Please edit/follow up on question 1 according to this outcome: while chasing down the thief, describe your failure to catch him due to the heavy drinking earlier in the scenario that causes you to stumble and lose direction too much. As a result, the thief escapes and the woman dies.
3. Please edit/follow up on question 4 according to this outcome: while pulling the enemy soldier off the battlefield, your own army's soldiers march up and see the enemy sigil on the wounded's armour. When they draw their weapons and ask why are you helping him, you...
Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made these changes and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible.

Good luck!

Jan 9, 2019
Tucson Arizona

You’re almost there! Your application is pending.

There are only a few things to change for a final decision.
1. Your open-ended questions seem to contradict. Sagerose seems to be a kind-hearted character with a code to always lend a helping hand. This is mirrored in the last scenario, where she attempts to aid an enemy soldier. However, in the thief scenario, she's more inclined to go after the thief rather than help the dying victim. When presented with situations like this in-game, you should think more about what the character you have created would do.
2. Please edit/follow up on question 1 according to this outcome: while chasing down the thief, describe your failure to catch him due to the heavy drinking earlier in the scenario that causes you to stumble and lose direction too much. As a result, the thief escapes and the woman dies.
3. Please edit/follow up on question 4 according to this outcome: while pulling the enemy soldier off the battlefield, your own army's soldiers march up and see the enemy sigil on the wounded's armour. When they draw their weapons and ask why are you helping him, you...
Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made these changes and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible.

Good luck!
I wasn't sure if this was the way to affirm i had made the changes or not but it won't let me get out of it now so I guess this will be how I affirm I've made the changes also I have zero sleep for the past day so I am sorry if I've made a mistake if so I'll take care of it quickly. anyway have a good rest of your day :)

GreenHarmony

Reviews Things
Staff member
Admin
Event Team Leader
Application Team Leader
Jan 8, 2016
Rīga
I wasn't sure if this was the way to affirm i had made the changes or not but it won't let me get out of it now so I guess this will be how I affirm I've made the changes also I have zero sleep for the past day so I am sorry if I've made a mistake if so I'll take care of it quickly. anyway have a good rest of your day :)
To put emphasis on my second point - about the thief - I wanted you to edit the answer you gave in your first attempt to the same scenario, the change being that it doesn't work out in your character's favour. Being able to do that should finalise an approvable application.