ACCEPTED - Whitelist Aplication IvoVidar152[Ivan] | Tale of Banners Roleplaying Community Forum

ACCEPTED Whitelist Aplication IvoVidar152[Ivan]

Ivovidar152

Aug 29, 2020
Netherlands
The Tale of Banners Whitelist Application:

Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

( English is not my first language and I'm quite dyslexic. so sorry for the grammar errors)
Minecraft Username(s):
IvoVidar152
Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):
883d0e41-f16b-43bd-87d1-76cbbf970dc2
What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

22 And i'm from the Netherlands
( English is not my first language and I'm quite dyslexic. so sorry for the grammar errors)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)
yes
Do you agree with the server rules?
yes
How did you hear about Tale of Banners?
i was looking for a new roleplay server with more mature people.
-

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
i'm playing d&d with a group of friends for the first time in my life. We started like half a year ago. but because of corona where stuck inside. so i'm craving for a little roleplay in my life. still not the best in it tho. My character mostly acts like the best version of myself. but i wanna try to make an alter ego in the future. so i hope to learn some of the skills here in the meantime.
I also played on a Medieval roleplay minecraft server like 4 years ago. but did not took the role play very seriously. so this time i wanna give that a try because surprisingly i really liked that in d&d.
Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions
Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?
For me it's a place where you can be yourself. Usually I have the feeling i can't say what I truly think to people in real life. call it insecurity or whatever i still don't know. But when i played d&d all my impulsive autistic and ADHD traits could do what they secretly always wanted to do lmao.
I could do al the stupid impulsive actions that would gross my mind. and some of them actually turned out great # best feeling ever lmao . but yeah i really like the aspect of the unlimited possible scenarios that can happen in a role play game. Once we found a talking fish in an abandoned cart on the side of the road. He told us he was a rich and wealthy man. but a sorcerer turned him in a rainbow trout so she could exploit him. The DM was one of our close friends and his voice acting of an always grumpy old fish was amazing. ( yes i say was because he had the option to be turned into a human or other animal if we found the alchemist. During our adventure we killed a sabertooth tiger. so we gave him the choice of becoming human or a saber tooth tiger at his own risk… so yeah now he is a sabertooth tiger with still some scales of the fish he was…#imagination is going wild) like i think i never had so much fun in an imaginary world we created in our heads.
having that said. That is for me the real experience of roleplay. having lots of fun about the most redicioules, yet simple stuff.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:
When you are power gaming you are actually just completing your own checklist without taking the other players into account. The roleplay aspect is then pushed into the background since from that moment you are instructing other players more on what to do to, for example, pass the level as quickly as possible. This way you don't give players the opportunity to develop their roleplay character. For there is no room for discussion outside of the goals they want to fulfill.
-

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:
When you metagame. You are actually cheating in terms of roleplay. Because you then use knowledge that you may have heard by coincidence from fellow OOC players, and then use this to achieve your goals more easily. Eg on discord someone tells you where they are building a new base. And then you use this knowledge in-game by knowing exactly where to attack with your army.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?
I had to call a friend of mine to explain what this was. because I think this doesn't mean anything in NL langue. but it's the boring character in every adventure game that's pretty predictable. like the knight who wants to be a good man and slay the dragon . and the police officer who fulfills her duty by serving the people and is always there for people. or the bard that's always trying to get late in a pub… (UGHH totally not me in d&d… found out i have a bit of mary sue in me lmao )

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?
it means you can chat with someone out of character. as long if it doesn't exploit the roleplay. so you can have conversations about how nice the weather is in your country. or about that amazing meme you found on reddit yesterday .
Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

Name:
Ivan
-

-

Culture:
When I was born my father teached me the way of life. He got most of his knowledge from the people of Tarishaw. I lived in South Oserian for the most part of my life.

Can your character read and write?:
Yes

- (this is my first time making a backstory. so if any of you guys have suggestions on how to improve it feel free to leave a comment )

I was raised near one of the big Cities of South Oseria
My mum has a simple yet peaceful life. She was raised on the big farm that was in her family for generations where they still live until today.
Father on the other hand was a whole different story. Its origin originated to one of the oldest counties : the people of Tarishaw. He inhaled nature like it was oxygen. and had respect for all living things around him. The tarishaw where one of the last remaining cultures that only used the handmade longbow as their only weapon.this was because of the way they focused on Their breath and heartbeat When you release an arrow. They believe that only then the gods could listen To your breathing that made a connection with your soul. So every animal they killed would be sent to the afterlife through their soul. the Tarishaw learned him some of their most important beliefs: care for people how you would like to be cared for yourself. That was his way of living.

because of their great knowledge about plants in nature people would have to come to him for knowledge or recipes during times of trouble. He left this way of life until he was well matured. at the age of 25 he went travelling on his own. Because of this knowledge of all the plants in nature He was really fascinated by all the weird alcoholic beverages people were drinking. He found out that most of the plant based ingredients are the same as their culture used. but he never knew about the alcoholic substance it would create. He was fascinated by that proces. and soon became an apprentice in one of the breweries of South Oseria.

It was in One of those pubs where she met my mother. They were two totally different people from different cultures and different families.They had one thing in common and that what's the connection of their spirits that soon after Found Love. They married And my dad moved in on the farm which belonged to my mum by then.Outside the big Walls of South Oseria near the woods. My dad fulfilled his dream of having his own little but cozy pub inside the city walls ofSouth Oseria.Soon after that they had a child...Me

Over the years I grew up. My dad taught me everything he knew. I Learned about his culture and the way of life. To have respect for all the little things and all the people on this earth.About how karma will get to you if you mislead the gods. And most importantly how to become one with your bow. My mum didn't have much time for me but at my younger years she teached me how to yield the field. Because my mum was mostly working on the farm I was becoming a real daddy's boy. When I got older he took me to this pub where I learned the basics about brewing and bartending. Because I saw so many different people. I learnt the true meaning of respecting each other no matter what . I found out about the hard truth Of mankind. People will always judge people they don't know. I wasn't a fan of the folks with that mindset. I had the feeling that everyone who was living inside Castle walls, was also living inside their own little bubble.

Year after year I got more annoyed by the mindset of those people. They felt that people from other cultures wear less important than them. It was hard for me to believe that was true because I learnt everyone is equal. at the Age of 21 I had enough of it. I said goodbye to my parents and told them that I wanted to explore the world and other cultures like my dad did when he was younger. they where sad, But respected my choice’s

This was one of the most honorable moments of my life so far.I learned that We all think that we are different. but I found out that when you look close through someone's soul that most of us are the same on many layers. I knew that I couldn't make a difference to this and that this would always stay this way. I thought about back in the days when I was at my father's pub where I saw people Unite,sing and drink. And because of the alcohol people were less likely to judge each other. I did some thinking and I developed Vision of A place where all the races can come in peace and just have a drink And enjoy each other's company. And maybe just maybe put aside each other's differences.

Until this day I'm wandering around the world learning from new people, new cultures and new experiences. Because of my honesty and strong beliefs that every soul can make a difference. I found out that that's also one of my weaknesses. I trust people too fast and people can make an advantage of that. Because I was still master of the bow, those people would learn their lessons…. This was one of my advantages. people wouldn't think that a nice guy like me could still defend himself. I'm glad that my father taught me all those lifesaving traits . Until this day I'm still wandering the world for a place where I can fulfill my dream of Unity

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You…

I won't be in a state of mind where I would be able to aim Straight. so no use of going after the Bandit because he is probably also faster than me…
I shout towards the tavern door that's still open. GUARDS I NEED HELP as the guards run towards me from the pub. I shout again. RUN QUICK. A HOODED MAN STABBED THIS LADY AND TOOK HER BELONGINGS. HE WENT THAT WAY. I WILL TAKE CARE OF THE WOMEN. QUICK YOU FOOLS.. DON'T JUST STAND THERE >> RUUNNN!!
after the guards run away .. I worry about the injured lady. I put 1 of the harvesting knives in the fire standing at the side of the road. In the meanwhile I try to put some of the medicinal plants I have in my pouch. on the wound to relieve her from the pain. but it's too late she already passed out. quickly i take the knife out of the fire and press the on the wound for some seconds. she is still passed out … I decided to lift her up and drag her inside the pub again . ect.
-

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

¼ of my grain got wet during a rainstorm and i already knew that it would spoil faster than that i could have sold it. but it is not enough for everyone. When I walk further in the camp I see lots of children who are so skinny you can almost see their bones. I decided to go find the local eldery of the refugees group who are in charge. I tell them that I have some sacks of grain. but that they would spoil soon.. I also wrote down a recipe on how to make flat bread. Here is A recipe on how to make bread without yeast. it won't be that tasty but at least you can make it in big batches… I hope this will feed your children. give the rest to the eldery if you have enough… without any other words said i walk away. because in the corner of my eye i see the gate opening #time is money..

-

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...
I tell her it is okay. Most of the time I'd like foreigner dishes. i give her some coins and ask her if it's okay to sit down and enjoy the meal with her. she looks weird at me and hesitates..
.i see the look in her eyes and get one of my finest homebrew bottles of ale out of my sack.
it is a waste to drink alone on a beautiful night like this. trust me it is okay… she hesitates again but takes the bottle and drinks a sip. soon after that a smile appears on hear face of delightment. wooaaw this tastes great. it reminds me of an old drink my granny used to make back in the days we start chatting about the past and and have a great night with great memories being shared
-

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and start calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

the life of a soldier would not fit my character so i will skip this question

-

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

I see that indeed all my food is almost gone.. and that i only have some crates of homebrew ale left. The first thing that comes to my mind is that I could just stay near the edge of town and make shelter in the woods and try to hunt… but i also feel very tired… and think about what my father always said… care for people how you would like to be cared for yourself .. I sigh but decide to give it a shot. i walk inside one of the Inn’s and i see all the northlings stop chatting and staring at me, with an annoyed look on her face’s hello, great people of the north. I think today is your lucky day. I have a whole batch of homemade ale I need to get rid of..
First they hesitate and start laughing. but then the innkeeper shouts at me usually we kill Greedy foreigners on the spot. because they always disrespect our people with that look of fear in their eyes.. like we are not humane.. but you foreigner.. I like you. Give me one of your greatest ale’s and we will see if we keep you alive he winks at me with a reassured smile at his face As night progresses. I learned a lot. I participated in ancient drinking games. I walked on hot coals and won one of the axe throwing games. it felt great that i made the right choice.. this people arent scum… you just need to give them a chance to know them apparently

Last edited:

Lena

Icy Girl
Staff member
Admin
Developer
Sep 27, 2015
The Mariana Trench

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Your definitions are detailed and sum up the meanings acceptably.

Even though you did not specifically list a culture I will proceed under the understanding that your character is Oserian born.

Despite the language barrier I can see a lot of creativity in this application and a lot of detail and character development!

Your open ended questions are very good and show a good understanding of roleplay situations.

All in all a good application! Well done!

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.