United States
The Tale of Banners Whitelist Application:

Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

-SugarPunkk

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

-5445906e-c4b6-43e6-9e98-b2ea9903167f
What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

-Yes

Do you agree with the server rules?

-Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

-Came up with a list of Roleplay servers I searched on Google

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

-Played on a hardcore RP server several years ago

Additional Information: (If any)

-
Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions

Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

-Stepping into the role of a character you create and acting as though you are that character. You act accordingly, just as your character would.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

-Having multiple accounts to benefit just you.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

-Playing with knowledge you possess but there's no way your in game character could know and using that knowledge to your own advantage.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

-Having a character who's basically just everything perfect. A character without flaws or depth.

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

-Out of Character. Used when discussing things outside of roleplay (for example, to ask a question concerning the roleplay).
Section 3/4 - Character Creation

Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

-

Name:

-Sinsio Showcraft

Culture:

-Korsian

Can your character read and write?:

-Yes

Story & Biography (please go into detail, we recommend two paragraphs but expect at least one. Please outline character history, personality traits and the things that make your character unique. Have fun with this section!)

(Please note although the character you apply with can commit illegal or immoral acts you cannot do these things on the server without an Intrigue application. This can be applied for once you are whitelisted.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/intrigue-application.119/ (Intrigue Application)
(You are also able to apply with a noble but keep in mind you cannot play a noble character on the server unless you join an accepted noble house or apply for one.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/noble-houses.142/ (Noble Houses)
- Sin is a young man with quick hands and wit. He is a man of curiosity and ambition. He is resourceful, light on his feet, and well off with a bow. Sin has never truly had a home or a family and spent most his days just trying to find a place to sleep and food to eat - though always impoverished, this does not mean he has never indulged in the finer things. Sin is, when motivated, charming, clever, and deft. He has always performed cons and with it, become quite an actor. Sin always finds trouble, and though he will always clean his hands of responsibility and say "trouble finds me," it is a lie, one of many.
Sin grew up in a brothel, a bastard orphan with a dead whore for a mother. The second he was old enough to walk he was old enough to work, and so he helped maintain the whorehouse like the other slaves. This included cleaning the rooms where the unspeakable was performed by the unmentionable. At the age of 6, Sinsio had seen the comings and goings of many, many clients, most wealthy enough to afford a whore and flaunt said wealth. They wore rings with crests and gems and capes with golden brooches, hats with feathers, boots made of exotic animal skin, and the occasional (and typically unnecessary) expensive accoutrements. He loved their gold and shiny things. He did not know why, only that he did, and he found that he loved their things even more when he took them for himself. He made a habit of sneaking into the rooms while the adults did the naked wrestling and ruffled through the pockets of the clientele, taking small, shiny things here and there. Sinsio did this without wondering why, it was simply in his nature and it pleased him. It wasn't until one of the whores was beaten within an inch of her life upon accusation of theft did Sin realize the power of his actions.
When Sin was 11 he fell in love with a whore. She was 13 and just sold to the brothel. She was quiet and scared, but with deep brown eyes that burned his soul. Typically, they wait until 15 to put the girls to work with the clients, but when a regular saw her he demanded an audience, and for the right price, the Madam of the house made it happen. Sinsio put a pen in the man's neck after he saw the violence in the bedroom. He left that night and never saw the girl he fell in love with again, but he always swore to come back and save her, and he did come back, but by then it was too late. Sinsio found out that she died 3 years after he left due to illness.
Sinsio is someone who feels strongly - both ups and downs. He has an addictive personality and an inherent need for wealth and debauchery. At heart, he is kind and sweet, but with such a sarcastic disposition it often goes unseen. He loves wine, women, and song, adventure, gold, and freedom. He is a lonely soul who can light up a room and woo a woman with ease.

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

-I think about chasing the man - not as a hero, but as a greedy boy who can't help but have thoughts of riches cross his mind at any moment. I probably would have pursued as well, but I am drunk enough to think otherwise out of pure laziness; running with a stomach full of ale is never fun. The thought passes quickly and I focus my attention on the woman. I think about leaving, getting involved is the business of other's, but seeing as no one is around (and to be honest it's not like I have anything better to do), I go to her and offer my aid. I'll take her to a tavern and let the locals handle it from there before they get a chance to ask me any questions.

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

-First things first: food. I have a one track mind on an empty stomach and the smells of the food stalls is intoxicating. After filling my belly I can return my focus to furthering my knowledge. I talk with strangers here and there, share a fire and a drink with a few, and learn as much as I can. Though I am Korsian, I have only passed through Telth a time or two, and a better understanding of the city will benefit me. Once I tire of my social interactions and drinking, I find a safe place in a dark corner to nod off.

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

-I ask what makes it any more unpleasant for me than the locals. Depending on this answer I will either it and reap the consequences or I will not eat it and will ask where I can find some decent food, perhaps something a bit less "unpleasant" to outsiders.

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

-"Did they sell you on glory too? That's glory right there," I say. "Glory is a fuckin' mess." The soldier glances at me, then back at his fallen comrade. He makes no moves, the slump in his shoulders heavy with grief. He thinks me cruel, just another gear in a wicked mechanism. I may be crass, but cruel? "Do what that one no longer can," I say looking at the corpse. I leave without looking back.

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

-I continue forward without hesitation. What could they do to me that the storm can't already? I'll ask for only the minimal and leave as soon as the storm dies down. Hopefully they don't turn me away from shelter. If they do, I'll have to stay without them knowing. Find a granary or a barn where I can hide out. If I'm found out I'm sure it will mean the worst, but it's better than just dying in the storm.

The End! Once you have completed this application and post it here:

Attachments

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Your application has been denied.

While in this state it is unsuitable for approving, you are welcome to try again.

The reasons for the denial are as follows:

1. The primary issue of this denial is the biography. While we understand that many horrific things happen, we should attempt to treat these issues with caution and the appropriate gravity. In addition, the server is welcome to those from ages 15+ and should be appropriate for all in that range. Due to the nature of the portrayal of the minor in this biography, we cannot accept this. If you wish to reapply, please change this.
2. If you choose to reapply, please also take care to change your powergaming definition. In particular your definition does not work with a multiplayer roleplaying situation.

Should you choose to re-apply, please make a new application!