ACCEPTED - WhiteList-Application and Character | Tale of Banners Roleplaying Community Forum

ACCEPTED WhiteList-Application and Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrashPanda

Jun 14, 2020
Denmark
Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

-_RiddleMeThat_

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

-8feaeb94-7f7b-484d-9928-693271f36968

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

-Yes i have read them all. (Building rules, Combat and death rules, Roleplaying Rules and the General rules)

Do you agree with the server rules?

-The rules seem fair and just for a roleplay server. To disobey them would only cause trouble oocl'y and in game.

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

-I have been a larp'er and online roleplayer for years now, and a group of friends and i have found most servers to die out, so we're searching for a server which we can stick to, hoping that this may be the one. We found it through simply searching the web.

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

-I have been roleplaying for four years on minecraft servers, From the servers like Ely, to the more strict ruled servers such as Lotc. The minecraft servers we've been on are either toxic, or have a lack of players to socialize with, i stick with a group of online roleplayers. Not to mention my recent interest in DnD, so i suppose i have experience in character creating and playing a fair game.

Additional Information: (If any)

-
Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions

Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

- Roleplaying is what it spells. Playing a Role. and to enter a tad more depth in this claim. It's to put aside your own person, own feelings, and create a character which you will follow, Roleplaying means to also avoid Bleeding, (Bleeding can be to take out of roleplay feelings INTO the roleplay, or the other way around) You have to think like your character, and also make sure your gameplay is proper. Roleplaying is staying in character and interacting with others who also stay in character. To roleplay it's important to not just have your own character in mind, but also the Rpg universe in which you'll be playing.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

-Powergaming can for example be when you decide over someone elses outcome or actions, Example: {!}The Human would charge at the Elf, Stabbing him in the shoulder and having the Elf knock out{!} How is this powergaming? There is a lack of "attempt" in the emote. To make it "non-powergaming" the player should instead have written something in the likings of; {!}The Human would charge at the elf, attempting to stab at his shoulder, in the hope of eventually getting to knock the elf out{!} You can't yourself control a two-sided roleplay, let the other player have reaction time, and don't take control of the roleplay, that is powergaming.
Powergaming is also being unrealistically amazing at EVERYTHING, and also never running out of stamina or getting exhausted, be realistic with yourself, if you've been stabbed several times, don't just wave it off as if it was nothing. Not taking notice to wounds, stamina, exhaustion or limits can also be powergaming.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

-Metagaming is for example if i were to share some secret about my character OOCLY with a friend of mine. And then my friend would later INCHARACTER use that very oocly gained information against my character for their own benefit. If it's knowledge you've gained out of roleplay, then it should REMAIN out of roleplay. Unless of course you were to make a deal oocly with one of your characters friends or relatives.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

-This character will be lacking flaws, simply the character has been made to seem too perfect, bad character creation really. The mary-Sue character is unrealistically perfect, and why is this so wrong? Be realistic, no one is entirely flawless, and even if they let a character become flawless, this would not be good for roleplays, in fact it'd be almost disturbing or irritating to play with such a character, so make sure to be realistic and not try to create a perfect image of your dream character.

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

-OOC means ("Out-Of-Character") On many servers the roleplaying systems are sorted into chats, the ooc chat are for when you wish to discuss something OUT OF CHARACTER. Do not mix up roleplaying chats and ooc, it's important not to be discussing OOC subjects in roleplaying chats or areas, this could disturb the roleplay, and if you are to by accident say something in roleplay, it can hopefully easily be drawn back with a "Sorry, i didn't mean to include that in roleplay, in fact it was ooc"

Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

-1592127001733.png

Name:

- Jaime Miraco Lexious (Jaime is Pronounced "High'me")

Culture:

-Korsians

Can your character read and write?:

-My character will have great trouble writing, if not just having given up on the skill, still he'd have slight idea of how to read, and not find it too troublesome.

Story & Biography (please go into detail, we recommend two paragraphs but expect at least one. Please outline character history, personality traits and the things that make your character unique. Have fun with this section!)

-Jaime wouldn't have had it bad, pulling it through by the help of relations and a few couple of friends, not once, not twice, but several times have people turned their backs to one another, this could be both relations and/or friends, of course, this is nothing new , backstabbing is often a happening for the Korsians, so rather than stumble down from the loss of a friend, one would just find a new one to take their place, and follow about their days and lives.
It was only recently that Jaime gave the idea of traveling thought, for as mostly all Korsians know or have experienced, The dessert is not just threatening in the ways of dehydration and dry weathers, there are also poisonous beings and animals to be found as mentioned in the lore.
Jaime has always fancied the higher classes ways of dressing, but still he does not complain much, for he has boots, he has clothing to still wear, so compared to others, he's doing quite dandy.
His elder sibling would perhaps be working as fishermen, trying to gain a living off of this, still since the industry of fishing seems to be rather large, everyone needs to be doing their part. Jaime as mentioned fancies wealth and clothing, and he himself has found himself a new interest, tailoring, and still this isn't much of a possibility, the materials to gather would be expensive, so instead he'd be doing his part in the mines. Gaining materials through hard work, and having someone of higher status sell it for more than he gained from mining it, still this is how most jobs work.
Tailoring wasn't an option, Mining was a pain, so now he hopes for a future in the gaining and selling of materials as perhaps a traveling merchant?

Jaime will be taking on the appearance of a great companion, and despite growing up in a place where backstabbing is common, he'll do his best to hold back on the "backstabbing" part, especially if you are to become a friend of his.

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

-Jaime would with a shocked expression painted across his face, have his gaze shoot towards the wounded woman. Jewelry is important, and worth a lot, still jewelry cannot bring back years of memories and living. Jaime would most likely set off in a sprint, hoping to reach the lady in need of aiding in time. Still whilst being on his guard he'd hope to use a cloth or anything of possible usage to cover up the wound, they're in a alley, so finding a rock shouldn't be too hard. It would be natural to tie a rock or something to apply pressure on the wound into the "bandaid" or rather cloth. Unfortunately these actions would probably mean that he missed his chance to chase after the "thief".

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

- Jaime would let curiosity get the better of him. He'd probably stumble around from one stall to another, searching out whatever fine clothing or jewelry he could get his eyes on, still just goods for the eyes, since he probably wouldn't have the currency to get any of the things catching his interest. If Jaime wouldn't be searching around between stalls, he'd probably find himself greeting new people and unfamiliar faces, hoping for a tale or two to be told.

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

-Growing up as one of the "lower" Korsians, he'd of course pay the prize of the food, and also the,, after-taste that follows? He knows to appreciate what is given, even if it does look like something "un-edible". Besides, he'd have been exhausted from the traveling and wandering around on his lost ways, so rather take the food when the chance bids, for who knows how long he would have to keep searching for food if he turned this down.

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

-Jaime would not be able to strike the killing blow in this situation, Perhaps death would have Separated the wounded soldier from the current pain from the loss of a beloved one, Still. Jaime would probably not be capable of keeping his cool in the current situation, no surprise really. He'd be likely to yell at the wounded enemy, for him to stand up and get going, a battlefield is no place to mourn and grieve. Enemies or not, a man in such pain is in no condition to take part in a war, when he now is fighting an entirely new war within himself. If Jaimes words were to be ignored, he'd either leave the wounded soldier be, or give it his best shot to knock out the man and drag him to a more safe side. The idea of knocking him out is very sudden, still backing up my idea it's a tense situation, and the man is already wounded. Dragging him away from the battlefield would be last option in Jaimes eyes.

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

-Jaime would walk from one door to another, banging at the doors with his remaining strength, pleading and hoping dearly for someone to show him kindness. Exhausted as he would be, and with the storm raging on, it would almost be impossible for him to wander on to find shelter, or even create his own shelter. He'd have to let his fate rest in the hands of a hopefully kind villager somewhere within this town. In case no one answers, and these people have been proven to be of no help at all. He'd probably have to search his way around the houses, hoping to find shelter perhaps behind a house, only being able to beg for better weathers the next morning, if he'd be to wake up then.

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Id almost say this is a bit much, but we dont really reject for too much effort lol, clearly you put a lot of thought into this.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.

Status
Not open for further replies.