DENIED - Whitelist application for Lilithan | Tale of Banners Roleplaying Community Forum

DENIED Whitelist application for Lilithan

Lilithan

Dec 3, 2020
United States
Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

- Lilithan

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

-c216b857-41bf-4a3c-9017-bcfdd30e9001

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

- Yes

Do you agree with the server rules?

- Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

- Looked up online Medieval RP Minecraft

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

- D&D (~8 years), Discord servers.

Additional Information: (If any)

- Nothing that I can think of

Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions
Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

- Becoming a character and doing actions and speaking as though you are them. Becoming someone new and living life as that person.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

- Maxing out stats/abilities you know could be the strongest and only ever using them to an advantage.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

- Know enemies stats/health. Having your character know information that only you as a person know.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

- A person who is too good at everything and is always the center of attention.

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

- Out Of Character, and only briefly either to help someone or to describe what is happening.

Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

-1606960400317.png

Name:

- Rose Darcey

Culture:

- Oserians

Can your character read and write?:

- She can read prices on items and very basic words and sentences. She can barely write.

Story & Biography

- She was born into a farming family close to the outer areas. She had always helped her father with the large farm lands and her mother with the cooking and cleaning. Her farm was hit by a band of bandits, and all she could do was watch as her father wielded his sword and defended the farm and their home. She always wanted to protect her parents after that encounter. She was then given a longsword for her 10th birthday. Her mother hated the idea, but she knew her child would never put it down. She trained with her father, learning he was a mercenary for many years, and his mother was someone he rescued a long while ago.

Rose then left her house at the age of 18 to join a mercanary group. It took her half a year before her first group. She proved herself to them and was immediately part of the family. After 2 years, her group ran into something they couldn't handle. Her group was destroyed and only her and the captain was left. She made a promise to him that she would keep living, and help whoever asked for it no matter who they were. After a year and a half of rest and training, she set out to become a mercenary again.

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/intrigue-application.119/ (Intrigue Application)
(You are also able to apply with a noble but keep in mind you cannot play a noble character on the server unless you join an accepted noble house or apply for one.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/noble-houses.142/ (Noble Houses)
-

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

- Rush over to the woman and heal her as fast as I can. Bandaging the wound(s) and helping her get to a doctor. Items can be replaced, a life cannot.

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

- Selling my wares at a slightly lower price to try and sell everything. The people need what I'm selling, and if the city won't let them in then I'll let them not have a reason to go inside.

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

- Take her up on her offer, but don't eat it until I have it looked at. Food from most cannot be trusted. But I will always give those the benefit of the doubt.

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

- Drop my weapon and help him to his feet. I will try to take the body with me as well. I would have us move as far from the war as possible. Death isn't something anyone can run from, but it should never have to be as brutal as this. I will help the other grieve, no one deserves to go through pain like that alone.

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

- I go in pleading for help. I say upfront I mean no harm and that I am alone. I am willing to help them in anyway I can if I survive. People should always help each other.

Kiev

Staff member
Aug 12, 2020
United States [CST]
Over all a great application! I'd like to ask some more questions about some of your responses though while a few things could be corrected/clarified. My Discord is Kiev#7427, or you can find me in-game. :)

Lilithan

Dec 3, 2020
United States
Over all a great application! I'd like to ask some more questions about some of your responses though while a few things could be corrected/clarified. My Discord is Kiev#7427, or you can find me in-game. :)
Alright! I sent you a friend request on discord. Hope to hear from you soon! Lilithan #3945

Kiev

Staff member
Aug 12, 2020
United States [CST]

Your application has been denied.

While in this state it is unsuitable for approving, you are welcome to try again.

The reasons for the denial are as follows:

1. Time has expired for the response.

Should you choose to re-apply, please make a new application!