ACCEPTED - Whitelist Application - LoneWoIf | Tale of Banners Roleplaying Community Forum

ACCEPTED Whitelist Application - LoneWoIf

LoneWoIf

Sep 17, 2020
Germany
Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):
LoneWoIf

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):
e7e9d320-ddd0-4236-93b8-7b1d329f19a4

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)
Of course.

Do you agree with the server rules?
Yes.

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?
I have searched for role-playing servers for a while now and found it on Planet Minecraft.

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

I have played p&ps with some groups in my free time. Even though they were spoken, not written I think I know what I'm doing.

Additional Information: (If any)
None

Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions
Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?
Quite literally the word role-playing means to play the role of another character - if real or not. I often connotate it with an imaginary world where I act out the role of a character I identify with to create new stories with other people doing the same. Roleplaying depends heavily on creativity and common sense between all roleplayers included but creates beautiful - if not real - memories of adventures a certain part of you has experienced.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:
I honestly had to search for the term 'power gaming' on the internet since I have never had the occurrence of such a case. But I do understand what it means. Power gaming is the act of only playing a game to make or portray their character as powerful as possible.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:
Metagaming people don't distinguish between their own knowledge of a scenario and their characters. Therefore their character is able to do things that should be impossible without superior knowledge. An example would be a hidden action a character might react to even if they shouldn't know it happened purely based on the description another player made of it.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?
A Mary-Sue character is a perfect character, excelling at things and actions that they shouldn't. Their execution of actions is flawless, they act perfectly upon any given circumstances.

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?
OOC stands for 'Out of Character' and should be used when a player wants to signal that what they are saying is not coming from the character but from themselves.

Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.
Screenshot_1.png

Name:
Silver 'Shadow' Wolfgrain

Culture:
Flintfolk

Can your character read and write?:
Yes.

Story & Biography
Born small, short, and weak into the burly strong Northeners, Silver was never one to have the acknowledgment from his people. On the outskirts of a small town close to the great woods, he grew up being more alone than he would have hoped to. The young in the village looked down upon him - quite literally - and thus he never was one to be favored. Quite the opposite. Often enough he would limp home late, being beaten down by the others, sneaking past his family in the living room so they wouldn't have to see him being the failure he was.

Since his father deemed him useless for fieldwork, he usually stayed at the only place he liked - the hunter's hut. The old widower hunter - Arvid - and his daughter - Varya - were his whole world and family. Arvid would take Silver out to the hunt and show him all he needed to know. After Silver's innate talent in tracking, sneaking, and stalking became obvious he was nicknamed 'Shadow' by Varya. The hunt also did his body good deeds. It didn't transform it into the bulky ones that were all around the village but his lean frame now packed muscles. Silver was an interested learner. He soaked up all the stories and techniques Arvid would teach him on the hunt and after, he would dive in a world of mystery and history with Varya in the old man's library.

The stories Arvid had accumulated told the stories of the wide world. Of great cities, beautiful landscapes, and mighty beasts - told by travelers and written down by Arvid and other townspeople themselves. And so the both developed a dream. A dream of venturing out into the unknown, exploring the unimaginably wide world, and forging their future. Over time they became quite close and never did one imagine their adventure without the other. And they swore themselves that never would one be without the other, even if they lost each other, they would always come back together.

But then came the day Silver's father died. Suddenly he had to make a choice. He was expected to pick up his father's farm. But knowing how unfulfilling this would be - especially compared to his vivid dreams - and how unsuitable he would be for the job, he finally decided to leave the village to follow his dreams. Ironically, quite fitting for his name, there should be one shadow on his soul. Varya wasn't able to join him. Although he didn't want to, Silver reluctantly had to concede that Varya, at an age of 16 and being a woman, should better not accompany him - as her father suggested. And so he started to venture out into the world, searching for new places to explore while he waited for the day that Varya would return into his life...

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewelry on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

I immediately bolt to the person lying on the ground, worrying if she is in critical condition. A wound in the abdomen can easily lead to a quick death in a few minutes so my priority is to keep her alive and stabilize her. I press my hand over her wound to stop the extreme bleeding and hopes no organs are hurt. Knowing that I am no trained physician I frantically look around to see if there is any other person around. After I see no one I shouts 'HELP ME! SOMEONE GET A PHYSICIAN! HERE IS AN INJURED PERSON!!' and hope for the best. I also carefully examine the location and deepness of her wound while trying to keep her conscious and wait for help.

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

I try to inquire further as I don't know about what the crone means by saying 'unpleasant'. Since I am a perfectly fine hunter, I will first try to hunt something and find food on my own before coming back to the offer of the woman. If there are some woods nearby there is a high chance that there are some rabbits or deer to hunt.

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

I'd still stay in the village. As a northerner myself - and a basically exiled one - I understand and know their quirks and unfriendliness having lived many years among them. I'll always stay polite even if treated unfairly and pay respects to the culture and the customs in the village. I will try to not invade their personal and communal space and stay in the shadows, making sure not to appear suspicious or intruding.

Acererak

Adam / Byrne
Jul 19, 2020
California, United States
twitter.com

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.