ACCEPTED Whitelist Application- Wxlt

Jul 7, 2020
USA
Minecraft Username(s):

-Wxlt

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

-f137e05e-8e1c-463e-ae13-0f5426b12d22

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

-Yes

Do you agree with the server rules?

-Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

-Through a friend on a different server.

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

-Yes

Additional Information: (If any)

-I've been roleplaying on a variety of Roblox servers for a few years. I haven't done so in a while, but I enjoy roleplaying.
Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions

Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

-Becoming someone else and being able to live in a world that isn't your own.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

-Using your character to achieve an end goal quickly, ignoring things that would normally add value to story or gameplay, or attempting to disrupt other players by forcing them into something.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

-Using real-life knowledge, things the character does not know, to gain an advantage in the roleplay.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

-An overpowered character; one who is not balanced and always seems to have things go right for them.

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

-OOC stands for out of character and should be used when you are speaking out character.
Section 3/4 - Character Creation

Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

-

Name:

-Cyrine Ornaid

Culture:

-Northern- Midlands Folk

Can your character read and write?:

-Yes

Story & Biography (please go into detail, we recommend two paragraphs but expect at least one. Please outline character history, personality traits and the things that make your character unique. Have fun with this section!)

(Please note although the character you apply with can commit illegal or immoral acts you cannot do these things on the server without an Intrigue application. This can be applied for once you are whitelisted.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/intrigue-application.119/ (Intrigue Application)
(You are also able to apply with a noble but keep in mind you cannot play a noble character on the server unless you join an accepted noble house or apply for one.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/noble-houses.142/ (Noble Houses)
-Cyrine Ornaid has had a certainly interesting life. He was born with what the people of his small town call a 'defect', or what we could call albinism. His bright red eyes and naturally white hair frightened people when he was younger, leading to him mostly being shunned by the others of his community. He is of average height for his culture, maybe a bit on the shorter side. Because of this neglect from others, Cyrine has poor people skills, leading him to get in a lot of trouble when his nervous nature shines through. He is skilled with a bow and arrow as it has been his only real hobby since he was about 9 years old. Cyrine loves to read and get his hands on any piece of text he can, even going as far as dueling for some when he can.

-When Cyrine was just a child, his parents taught him all they could such as reading, writing, and how to use his bow and arrow. They cared for Cyrine with all of their beings, but because of his 'defect' they kept him away from the community and as many people as they could, meaning the best for him but damaging his social capabilities. Cyrine soaked up all the knowledge he could and has many passable skills such as herbalism and medical practices. He is a quick learner. Although Cyrine was smart and could handle himself, he could not handle others. When Cyrine was about 14, his parents went out of their small home on the outskirts of their community to got hunting and gather wood for crafting. Cyrine stayed home, busying himself with the same book he had already read many times over. Upon nightfall, an unexpected blizzard had struck the area with such conditions that even many folk in their homes were on the brink of hypothermia. Cyrine never saw his parents again. His largest regret was never being able to find and burn the bodies to set his parent's spirits free as they asked him to do shall something ever happen to them.

-Cyrine was devastated, as his parents were the only ones who accepted and believed in him. He knew he couldn't survive in his house forever, so with his trusty bow, he set out to develop and master as many skills as he could. Although, he found himself useless in head to head combat. His archery skill only allowed him to deal damage from afar as to not hurt himself, and he knew that. Cyrine dawned a white and brown cloak to easier camouflage himself not only to animals but to people as well. He normally hides behind his hood to hide his distinct features. He currently still resides in that small community, barely making enough to feed himself. He spends little time near other people but always seems to find a way to get his hands on new reading material.

-Lately, Cyrine has found himself spending a lot of time in the woods. He has been able to get close to wolves, as he had always wanted a companion. Although he has not gotten close to any, he feels as though he can keep going as animals do not discriminate as people do and he just wants to feel more accepted. His northern blood allows him to spend long periods of time in the cold, although at the sign of a blizzard he would normally turn back to head home. However, when he is outside and not trying to befriend wolves without being attacked, he studies the plants and trees around him as much as he can. When he gets back home he references his small collection of books and papers to add notes or any other things he finds.

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewelry on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

-Freeze for a moment, before processing what I just saw. I quickly go to the woman and check for any major wounds, and start to apply pressure when I find a gash from the blade. I take notice it didn't seem too deep and tear off a piece of the woman's sleeve to act as a makeshift bandage. I then ask if she's alright and needs help to get anywhere but as soon as the woman notices my red eyes she yells and back away, telling me to get out of her sight. Shocked, I slowly back away before making my way back to the road to look for someone else to help her.

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

-Immediately go search the stalls for any books or scrolls I can find for cheap prices. Learning about the city would be a reasonable thing to do currently. Although I do not have much pocket money, I rationalize that spending a little now would be fine as I could be able to sell my goods once I'm inside the city for a profit. I'm used to running on low funds and find there would be no issues with this action.

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

-I politely reject and see if it was possible for me to head into the lesser established lands of the swamp. I pull out my bow and arrow to search for something edible, but as soon as I pull back my bow to shoot what seems like a fish lurking in the waters, a native yells at me warning about hunting on his private property. I jump and let go of my arrow and it misses my target. I quickly apologize and as he sees my red eyes and white hair quickly threatens to attack if I don't leave right away. I spend the night in the unfamiliar territory hungry until I can try again the next morning in a different area.

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

-Offer him a prayer and a 'rest in peace now,' then shoot him in the head for a quick death. I can't leave an enemy to live knowing they could come back for revenge, but also letting them suffer is morally wrong to me. Nobody should suffer like that, and I head back into the battle as I cannot dwell on this at the moment.

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

-I rub my sleeves for extra warmth, but knowing people were already unfriendly towards me for my looks, I attempt to find a space under a tree to get at least some shelter for a bit while I decide what to do next. Taking a few moments to wrack my brain, I remember to dig out a crawlspace in the snow to have a makeshift shelter. Although it is not my best ability and I have trouble with moving the snow with my weaker arms, I am able to dig out a big enough space for me and a small fire to keep in warmth. I make it through the blizzard, although with less sleep than I really need, but my Northern roots were able to keep me going this time.
The End! Once you have completed this application and post it here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/whitelist-applications.13/ (Whitelist Applications)

Our application team will look at it as soon as possible!

Your application may be put onto pending when amendments are needed. Once you have amended the changes please notify the application team member by replying to the thread. The Application Team will then will review your application again. You have 14 days to make the amendments before the application is denied.

Thank you for applying for Tale of Banners!

Application Version 1.2

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.