cbb982e7-6dad-4121-b9ff-a92736e7217c
What is your age?
Have you read the server rules?
Yes
Do you agree with the server rules?
Yes
How did you hear about Tale of Banners?
Family
Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

Yes - played in middle school and graduate school (D & D) and several video games.
Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions
What do you define as roleplaying?

taking on a character and acting as that person would in various situations (pretending to be the character)

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:
trying to build a character to maximize a certain characteristic (such as combat); it can also be defined as the player always winning (always hit, never miss a saving throw, etc.)

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:
using tactics/info that the player (real person) has but the character does not.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?
a character that is "too good to be true"; excellent traits, few if any flaws, etc.

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?
out of character - acting/doing something not in line with the character

Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Skin:
1590086839142.png
Name: Karlan Stigandr

Culture: Korsian

Can your character read and write? Yes, being knowledgeable in the scientific works of recent scholars, though not a scientist myself.

Story & Biography
I am Karlan Stigandr. I come from humble means, but have benefited from living near a library of scientific works made available by a kind noble in the region. I have read many scientific works and fancy the day we move towards scientific reasoning and away from inherited class structure. I have studied alchemy in an attempt to make potions to benefit those around me and to make a profit, of course. I have passed some knowledge onto my son.

My family grew up in the region. We were poor, but valued each other greatly. My parents worked hard to give me the opportunity to move up the social ladder, especially when the opportunity to read scientific books came along. I want to pass along knowledge and a rich family legacy to my son.

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Q1: I try to look for any identifying features but let the thief go. I run to the woman and take a cloth and apply to the wound to slow the bleeding. I shout for help from anyone nearby. After dealing with the woman, I speak to the town guards and give any information I noticed about the thief.

Q2: I look at wares, but am more interested in learning what is happening in the lands from which these refugees have come. I speak to the stall workers and ask where they are from and what news they have of their lands.

Q3: I decide that the hunger in my belly is too great and must be dealt with. I purchase the food from the old crone and also ask if she knows of a room for rent for the night. I cook the food thoroughly, adding what few spices I have with me, hoping it will not be as unpleasant as suggested. I hope to find a room to rent to rest in some sense of safety for the night.

Q4: I briefly stop and tell the the wounded and distraught soldier I mean no harm. "Grieve your lost friend, but try to remain quiet. I will not harm you." I run toward cover before the approaching forces can arrive, while keeping a watchful eye on the wounded soldier.

Q5: Having been days, there is little choice. I enter the village asking for food and shelter for the night. Speaking with residents, I call them brethern of our great country, while pleading for assistance.

Last edited:

Lena

Icy Girl
Staff member
Admin
Developer
Sep 27, 2015
The Mariana Trench

You’re almost there! Your application is pending.
There is only one thing to change for a final decision.
Make the following edit to your application:

1. The answers you provided lack detail, please use this section to show us how your character would interact with others on the server ^^

Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made this change and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible.
Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lena

Icy Girl
Staff member
Admin
Developer
Sep 27, 2015
The Mariana Trench

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.

Status
Not open for further replies.