US East
The Tale of Banners Whitelist Application:

Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

-jognz

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

-f08a0d75-e71f-4356-8116-851994e7bbfe

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? ()

-yes

Do you agree with the server rules?

-yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

-Planet Minecraft

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

-I helped friends with building and acting in minecraft role plays during the winter and have done it in past years.

Additional Information: (If any)

-

Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions
Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

-acting as a made up character and trying to meet a goal in the end

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

-getting lots of power in a specific game.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

-outside information could give a player a advantage.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

-a character with no development

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

-"out of character" I don't personally think I would use this because I would want to be fully immersed when role playing.

Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.
Character.png
-Name:

-Kiyoshi Ishii

Culture: Drahl

-
Can your character read and write?:

-yes

Story & Biography (please go into detail, we recommend two paragraphs but expect at least one. Please outline character history, personality traits and the things that make your character unique. Have fun with this section!)

Kiyoshi Ishii had to live on his own his entire life after his parents were killed by assassins when he was 7 after trying to leave Principality of Tidsmith. They were shot it the back leaving only Kiyoshi alive to escape into the woods. He had to flee without any guidance and learned to live on the land then leading him to stumble upon the Principality of Gretkra at age 18. He took shelter in a barn in the plains when he looked out the barn window and saw someone walking towards the barn slowly. Kiyoshi opened the door and the man collapsed and Kiyoshi took him in and gave him food and water he had been saving for a few days. They then talked to each other and learned that they wanted the same thing, peace and justice. Kiyoshi knew after they talked he could trust him. His name was Theodore Quinn. After knowing each other for 3 years they decided to go out and finally fight for what's right.
Kiyoshi only speaks when he needs to and doesn't speak just to speak. He will help people if they are in need because he was never helped as a child and he wants to make sure other people get the help he never had. He will always listen to peoples beliefs even if he strongly disagrees with them and will always be willing to switch beliefs if he feels it's right. He never wants to have to fight someone unless they cause harm to another human being, and even if he decides to fight someone he will always decide against killing them unless it's life or death for him or another. In the end Kiyoshi would rather not have to do harm to anyone and believes that everyone can be be good if they try and see how others feel.

(Please note although the character you apply with can commit illegal or immoral acts you cannot do these things on the server without an Intrigue application. This can be applied for once you are whitelisted.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/intrigue-application.119/ (Intrigue Application)
(You are also able to apply with a noble but keep in mind you cannot play a noble character on the server unless you join an accepted noble house or apply for one.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/noble-houses.142/ (Noble Houses)
-

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

-I Would first go to the women and try to bandage her up to stop the bleeding. I wouldn't try moving her because she would get even more hurt and because I just finished drinking. and wouldn't want to fall over with her in this state. I would ask her if she knew the man that hurt her and if she thinks she'll be alright. I would wait a couple of hours and wait until I can think straight and ask her what the man looked like. I would then try to find him and try to reason with him to give what he stole. I would ask him why he would hurt an innocent person for money. If he doesn't comply with giving those things back I wouldn't kill him, instead I'd hurt him until he had no other choice but to give her belongings back.

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

-In the camp I would see what foods people were offering and buy some. I'd then see if I could earn a bit of money to help me when I get into the city. I would also see if people needed help with anything just so I don't make any enemies and play it safe.

Question 3

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

- I would first try to see if there is a place to get food. If there is I would buy some food for a large amount of money so I could survive. After that I would try to find a place to rest and stay away from people so that I don't get into any trouble. I would need to sleep somewhere warm and away from the snow so I don't die in my sleep. I'd stay under something as to get out of the snow. In the morning I'd buy more food and warm cloths then head out into tundra. I would then ration my food so that I eat very little each day but enough to get me through to the next.

Last edited:

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

You’re almost there! Your application is pending.

There are only a few things to change for a final decision.

Make the following edits to your application:

1. Your powergaming definition is lacking. Please review other sources for your definition in the context of a multiple character roleplay scenario.

2. Your metagaming definition is lacking. Please review other sources or contact us for assistance.

3. Your mary-sue definition is lacking. Please review other sources or contact us for assistance.

4. Your OOC contextual use could use some work. It is naturally used, just say when it would be used.

5. Your bio uses little of the server lore apart from locations. I'd recommend reading into the server lore on Drahls more, you might find several things you like. Your name is not specifically prohibited, but does imply a far eastern culture. So you can keep it if you wish, do understand the drahl cultures are not far eastern.

6. Your first answer to the questions implies that certain character actions that you cannot control. These questions are tough for that reason. Do try to understand that these questions are to gauge how you react in a multiple player character situation, and as such, answer if you were in such a situation.

You clearly have put in much effort into making the character, but you must put effort into making the character fit within the world so as not to be an anomoly with the rest of the world.

Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made these changes and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Your application has been denied.

While in this state it is unsuitable for approving, you are welcome to try again.

The reasons for the denial are as follows:

1. Time has expired for the response.

Should you choose to re-apply, please make a new application!