USA
The Tale of Banners Whitelist Application:

Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

-Keac

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

-93e0e7b9-2862-49cf-8686-c34de56c0030

What is your age?

(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

-Yes

Do you agree with the server rules?

-Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

-Linked to me by a friend on another server

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?

(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

-A little, I roleplay from time to time on various games. World of Warcraft in taverns for fun while waiting for my friends to come home and get online. Starcraft 2 on the Cortex Roleplaying arcade maps. A horse veterinarian on a minecraft ranching server.

Additional Information: (If any)

-I haven't done much roleplaying on minecraft, I have done some very light roleplaying that I wouldn't necessarily count but it is something I suppose.

Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions
Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

-Seeing through the eyes of your character and being immersed in their world.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

-Min-maxing or trying to chase wins because you don't want to take an L in roleplaying, as well as forcing roleplay on someone they're wanting to beat.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

-Using out of character information to "Get that W".

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

-Someone who's just good at everything, they have almost no flaws or what makes someone human.

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

-Out of Character, it may be used when you're speaking out of character to make a comment or suggestion.

Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

- Untitled.png

Name:

-Thormund Frostbane

Culture:

-Northern - Midlands Folk

Can your character read and write?:

-Barely, elementary school level at best.

Story & Biography (please go into detail, we recommend two paragraphs but expect at least one. Please outline character history, personality traits and the things that make your character unique. Have fun with this section!)

(Please note although the character you apply with can commit illegal or immoral acts you cannot do these things on the server without an Intrigue application. This can be applied for once you are whitelisted.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/intrigue-application.119/ (Intrigue Application) (Intrigue Application)

(You are also able to apply with a noble but keep in mind you cannot play a noble character on the server unless you join an accepted noble house or apply for one.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/noble-houses.142/ (Noble Houses) (Noble Houses)

-Thormund Frostbane is a blacksmith and an aspiring warrior. He did not know his real parents, as he was named and raised by a blacksmith that he considered his fature figure, Orain Frostbane, a last name given to him as a title by the village because of the immense heat that is constant in his forge. An ox of a man, bigger than the metal armor he made. But he was also very old, and without children of his own, so he gladly took Thormund in and apprenticed him to carry on his legacy. He died of natural causes one morning and was burned on a pyre, leaving everything to Thormund in his name. Thormund then took his mantle of the village blacksmith. Having knowledge in both how his equipment was made and how to use it helped him greatly in balancing it as well as keeping it maintained. Though he did not learn to read or write, he only recently began learning after he took his father's role. Thormund lived in a small village near Valdarr, he dared never to enter it as he had heard the tales of the many bandits who inhabit it, as well as the great plague that affected this once grand city, causing it to turn to ruin.

One day, Thormund woke up to the roar of horns, horns that sounded like the ones Northeners use to signal combat. He equipped his armor, axe and shield and proceeded to join the village militia. This hadn't been the first time Thormund had tasted combat, but with the amount of horns he heard, he felt like it may be the last. Whispers from the other militia made their way to Thormund... this village and its people were to be burned to help halt the plague, none of them would survive this. The horde descended upon the village, and in only a few minutes, the battle was over. Thormund and the militia were struck down, but Thormund was not quite dead. He was wounded yes, but only unconscious.

Thormund awoke in a pile of bodies with faces he recognized and smelled burning, human flesh. They had thrown all of the bodies in a mass grave and ignited the flames to purify this village of the plague... But this village wasn't infected with the plague. He didn't know who these raiders were, but it didn't matter now, nothing mattered but survival. He crawled his way out of the grave, still bleeding from his injuries and limped away in one direction for what felt like days. Living in the harsh, cold forest, foraging berries and hunting small game to survive. He eventually found his way to a village in his tattered leather and now resides there.

Thormund is a blacksmith by trade, as well as a novice fighter. He's of average height and has graying hairs as most Northerners do. He's not the best at reading and depends on others to read for him at times. He's not very religious but does believe in the Way of the Five, favoring Feynir over the others. He'll often scavenge, repair, and equip thick metal armor pieces from fallen enemies, favoring defense over mobility. While he's not the fastest, he is quite strong with his blacksmith background and can easily be the packmule if need be. He's not one to show much emotion but will gladly do so among friends. Thormund keeps his and his party's equipment maintained but is not against melting it back down in the forge if he deems it too damaged.

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

-I shout at the thief to stop. He snickers and continues retreating with the jewelry. I know I'm too slow to catch him as well as being too drunk to chase him in the first place, so I instead bend down next to the woman and look at her wound. Not knowing much in the way of medicine, I hold her wound with my own hand and yell for help.

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is

filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

-I set up at one of the empty shopping stalls and polish some of my armors for sale. If I'm going to be stuck out here with the refugees instead of being in the city where the people with money are, I may as well make my wares extra shiny to attract the attention of someone here. Maybe I can even pay the guards to let me in if I make enough money out here.

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

-I eye the suspicious food. I'm starving and this is the only food I've been able to find so far... I may as well try it. I sit down in one of her chairs, pay her for the food and proceed to take a bite. I stand up slowly and leave the mostly uneaten food on the table. I stumble just around the corner and vomit my guts out. I walk back to her and thank her for the food. I then continue my search and pray to the Five that I find something edible that I can keep down.

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

-I put my weapon down, he's already been beaten and to kill him now would be dishonorable. If I see him again someday and he remembers my face, perhaps then we can continue this. I take the cloth from his hand and retreat before the enemy forces make their way to me.

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

-I continue into the village and tell them that I'm also a Northerner and that I can earn my keep for the night by perhaps repairing some of their equipment if need be. I am a blacksmith after all so I know my services would be valuable to them, and it would be easy to prove even if they didn't trust me.

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.