DENIED Whitelist Application

Jello

Jul 13, 2020
US
Whitelist Application Format

Copy and paste this application into a new post on the ‘Whitelist Applications’ section of the forums, place your answers next to the ( - ).

The application is made up of four sections and you must answer everything for it to be accepted.

The Tale of Banners Whitelist Application:

Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

- WierdJello

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

-38e0931b-aee2-4b56-b7b3-9ebe0765e3e0

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

- Yes

Do you agree with the server rules?

- Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

- A friend

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

- i have previously been part of role playing

Additional Information: (If any)

-
Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions

Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

-to put yourself into a character and take actions as that character

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

- so thing in a ridiculous fashion that make you more powerful

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

-using outside information that your character would not have

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

- a character who has no worked hard to gain the power they have gotten

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

-
Section 3/4 - Character Creation

Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

-

Name:

-abner

Culture:

-northern

Can your character read and write?:

-yes

Story & Biography (please go into detail, we recommend two paragraphs but expect at least one. Please outline character history, personality traits and the things that make your character unique. Have fun with this section!)

(Please note although the character you apply with can commit illegal or immoral acts you cannot do these things on the server without an Intrigue application. This can be applied for once you are whitelisted.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/intrigue-application.119/ (Intrigue Application)
(You are also able to apply with a noble but keep in mind you cannot play a noble character on the server unless you join an accepted noble house or apply for one.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/noble-houses.142/ (Noble Houses)

-From a young age I had to reduce to stealing to get the money and food my family and I needed to survive. I got caught stealing a lot as a child but never really got punished for it. As I got older around 16 I started to get the hang of it and got caught less and less. When i finally got caught the owners of the items I had taken began to threaten me and called the guards on me. Some how I always managed to get away before they arrived. The last time I got caught was when I was about 18 and I couldn't get away in time. The owner tackled me before I could get away and held me down until another people got back with the guards. I got put in a cell and was there for months. The longer I stayed there the more I began to seek out revenge for the two people that put me away. The day I got out I managed to get back to the seen of the crime but they have moved away. So I searched around for a while and after a couple of weeks I found them again. I spied on them for a couple of days so I could plan out my attack. As I was watching them I realized one of them come out at night time to check on there animals they owned so that was the time I decided to strike. So when the guy came out side and got a good distance away from the house I killed him. Then I waited for his wife to come out to check on him cause he wouldn't return. When she did I took her out and from that point on I decided to become a spy/assassin and put the skills I have required over the years to work.

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

-When I noticed the thief I tried to chase after him so I could steal the items for myself. That did not go well after a couple of steps I fell on my face. It took me a while to get back to my feet. Finally I managed to get back up and made my way over to the stabbed lady. By the time I got to her she was already dead so I searched her body for anymore valuables. The only thing I found was some money so I threw her body in a near by bush and made my way home.

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

- Upon getting denied into the city I decided to search around the shopping stall for any valuables. It didn't take me very long to find some jewelry so I had to cause a distraction to get everyone away from the stall. I started looking for a opportunity then I seen it. There was a refuge sleeping next to a building a could stalls down. So I climbed on top of the roof and dropped a brick on him stomach. When the brick hit him he screamed and everyone stopped what they were doing to see what happened. I took the chance and ran over to the stall to take the jewelry after I got it I casually walked over to the crowd to join in.

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

- When the old crone approached me and offered the food I had to deny the offer. It might have been cheap but the way it looked there was no way I could eat it. After the old crone started walking away I realized that they had to be going back to some kind of camp or cabin. So I followed them in the shadows until we reached there home. When we did I noticed there was a window open on the back side of the house. The window lead to a bedroom so i assumed it was their's. I got out of that room as fast and quietly as I could the next room over was a dinning room. I kept moving trough the house and found the kitchen which had a very small amount of food. I took the food and went around the house to try and find the attic. While moving around I never seen the old crone which was weird. Anyway I finally found the attic and managed to climb up into the attic with making minimal amount of noise. I stayed there until morning and at sun rise I moved on with my journey.

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

- As I get closer to the wounded soldier and seen the enemy soldiers advance on me I decided to kill the soldier. After they were dead I pulled both bodies over me and hid until the enemy soldiers passed by. They eventually passed so I pushed both bodies off of me and traded clothes with one of the soldiers to blend in. So i meant up with the enemy soldier that passed me and stuck with them until they got in combat again. When they engaged into combat I killed them from behind. The only problem was that since I look like an enemy I started taking fire. I retreated back too the dead bodies and got my uniform back on and made my way to my friendly soldiers.

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

- I used the storm as cover to move into the village unseen. The first thing I did was look for some kind of tent or store that would sell food and water. I found a shack that was selling resources but there was no one inside. I made my way to the back of shack and there was still no sign of them. As I started grabbing the food and water I heard foot steps at the front door. I ducked under the counter and made my way to the back room to hide. There were very small amount of places to hide But there was one place in the corner under a tarp next to some boxes. I sat there and waited for an hour or two and he didn't leave again so my only option was to knock him out. When I hit him over the head with a jar of pickles I found in the back he fell to the ground and I pulled him to the back to cover him up. After I got what I needed when I got outside there was a house not that far. I made my way there and look in the windows but they were covered by snow. So I went back to the front of the house and tried the door was unlocked. When I got inside there was a man staring at me. I tackled him to the ground and wrestled with him for until i decided to just kill him . I stayed in the house until the storm passed which was a couple day but as soon as the storm was over I left the village and continued on my journey.

The End! Once you have completed this application and post it here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/whitelist-applications.13/ (Whitelist Applications)

Our application team will look at it as soon as possible!

Your application may be put onto pending when amendments are needed. Once you have amended the changes please notify the application team member by replying to the thread. The Application Team will then will review your application again. You have 14 days to make the amendments before the application is denied.

Thank you for applying for Tale of Banners!

TrueParanormal

The Chaotic
Staff member
Event Team Leader
Event Team
Application Team
May 28, 2020
New Jersey

You’re almost there! Your application is pending.

There are only a few things to change for a final decision.

Make the following edits to your application:

1. Your definitions for power-gaming and Mary Sue Characters are both wrong, so please provide a more correct response so we know you understand!

2. As for your bio, it is quite good! I would like you to add a connection to the lore so we can confirm you have read it!

3.I just wanna say you're almost there!

Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made these changes and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible.

Good luck!

TrueParanormal

The Chaotic
Staff member
Event Team Leader
Event Team
Application Team
May 28, 2020
New Jersey

Your application has been denied.

While in this state it is unsuitable for approving, you are welcome to try again.

The reasons for the denial are as follows:

1. Using the updated app to review.

Should you choose to re-apply, please make a new application!