USA
The Tale of Banners Whitelist Application:

Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

- Kelseu

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

- 154ac9cd-16b9-44ac-9176-cceeaed12b97

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

- Yes

Do you agree with the server rules?

- Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

- Planet Minecraft

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

- Yes, mostly on other games but I also am involved in Aethier, with applications on Saga of Thule and Lotc. (Have yet to be reviewed)

Additional Information: (If any)

-
Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions

Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

- Becoming another character to act and have fun as someone else.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

- Creating a character that is unrealistically powerful and/or strong, killing off fun role-playing experiences for other players.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

- Knowing and acting on information you gained from the outside, that your character wouldn't naturally be aware of.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

- A basic character without any flaws and is a self-personification, with little to no character or character development.

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

- Out-Of-Office, which is a chat to use outside of RP.
Section 3/4 - Character Creation

Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

- cold.PNG

Name:

- Theralyse Wintra

Culture:

- Northerner

Can your character read and write?:

- Yes

Story & Biography (please go into detail, we recommend two paragraphs but expect at least one. Please outline character history, personality traits and the things that make your character unique. Have fun with this section!)

(Please note although the character you apply with can commit illegal or immoral acts you cannot do these things on the server without an Intrigue application. This can be applied for once you are whitelisted.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/intrigue-application.119/ (Intrigue Application)
(You are also able to apply with a noble but keep in mind you cannot play a noble character on the server unless you join an accepted noble house or apply for one.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/noble-houses.142/ (Noble Houses)
- Theralyse was a sheltered child, raised by her single mother. She is very innocent and is very unaware of the world, she wishes to adventure and experience new towns and cities. She was left alone after the death of her mother so she decided to pursue her dreams, one day she would like a forever home and a family, but she wishes to adventure with her youth.

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

- Run quickly to the wounded woman, saving a life is more important than riches. I have very little knowledge about medicine, but enough to stop the bleeding. After doing so, I would look for the nearest person who could help her.

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

- I would settle my curiosity and look around, I would talk with others and learn about them. I would listen to stories from anyone that would give them.

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

- Try it, my curiosity often controls my actions.

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

- Leave him to grieve, his fellow soldiers will support him. Doing anything else could make the situation worse or end with me being killed.

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

- I would expose myself as a northerner, and name the faces I know to calm the villagers. With other people named that could prove my identity, it would hopefully handle the situation with a lack of violence, but that is unlikely knowing our culture.

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

You’re almost there! Your application is pending.

There are only a few things to change for a final decision.

Make the following edits to your application:

1. Your powergaming definition needs to be expanded upon to include multiplayer rp scenarios.

2. Your bio does not touch on the server lore at all. It is also a little on the short side. Please read up on our server lore and use it to build upon your character biography.

3. Your question answers are a little on the short side. Expand upon at least three of your answers as if you were roleplaying with other players as much as you can.

Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made these changes and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible.

Good luck!

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Your application has been denied.

While in this state it is unsuitable for approving, you are welcome to try again.

The reasons for the denial are as follows:

1. Time has expired for the response.

Should you choose to re-apply, please make a new application!