Jul 21, 2020
Poland
Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

- Menelcx

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

- 7b3d6fcb-beb3-4145-8a37-f961a99de1ce

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

- Yes

Do you agree with the server rules?

- Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

- I was bored and was looking around the internet. A couple years ago I stumbled across another RP Minecraft server, but I forgot the name of it. I thought that an RP server would be a nice change from survival and stuff, so I googled, and googled for like 2 hours and I found a post about this new server which was the Tale of Banners, so I went to check it out.

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

- I have about 600 hours on semi RP Garry's mod servers, and I've played D&D for the past 8/9 months

Additional Information: (If any)

- I don't like dogs

Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions
Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

Creating a fictional character and then mimicking how they would behave, and what would they do on day to day basis.

Describe the term ‘power gaming’ in your own words:

Powergaming is basically making that your character succeeds, even though he doesn't. (I'm not great at explaining things.)

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

Metagaming is when you use the information that your character shouldn't have.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

A character who is great at everything.

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

Out of Character, it should be used when you want to communicate with other roleplayers in the game not as your character.

Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

- I will if I figure out how

Name:

- Emeric

Culture:

- (I'm not sure if I got this right, but I think this is where I pick what my characters race is?) Oserian

Can your character read and write?:

- No

Story & Biography (please go into detail, we recommend two paragraphs but expect at least one. Please outline character history, personality traits and the things that make your character unique. Have fun with this section!)

Emeric was born into a small family. He had 1 brother and a sister. They lived in the outskirts of a small village. His father was a farmer and trained Emeric from the young age all about the plants and how to grow them. Emeric always wanted to go in his father's steps and become a farmer one day. As it happens in life Emeric's mom Angela fell sick. The herbalist couldn't help her. She died, unfortunately. In a few years, his father also passed away. Him, his brother and his sister decided to split their parents' money. Emeric's sister Rose decided to travel east and become a first worldwide known jester. His brother, on the other hand, travelled north to train and become a powerful warrior. Eneric decided to stay where he grew up and become what he always wanted to be. The greatest farmer he could ever be.

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition.

I quickly run into the tavern and call for help. Emeric isn't a fighter, he hates confrontations, he would try to help as much as he could without any medical knowledge, so telling other people.

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

I would try to talk to refugees, but not knowing any other language than the one I knows(i don't know what is the language of Oserians called Oserain? Oserianish?) I am unable to speak to them, and so I spend the rest of my time looking after my cart with my crops.

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders.

I don't ask any questions and try to eat the food as fast as possible. Emeric probably wouldn't even understand what the lady says unless she speaks in the same language that he does.

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

Emeric wouldn't be in this situation, but if he was forced to join the military: (I have no idea if the soldier we are speaking about is of the same army as me or the enemy. If he was of the same: Emeric would try to calm the person down and tell him to run as fast as possible as far away as possible. If the calming down would go for too long and the enemy army was already on the horizon he would run away leaving him behind. If he was an enemy soldier he would just leave him and try to get as far away as possible.)

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what has felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection, you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

I try to calm them down and tell them that unfortunately my cart with my crops was stolen when I was going towards my town and that I got lost, and I would ask them if I could stay the night there, to depart in the morning.

Attachments

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

You’re almost there! Your application is pending.

There are only a few things to change for a final decision.

Make the following edits to your application:

1. Your powergaming definition is lacking in the multiplayer roleplay context. Expand on it in this way.

2. Your mary sue definition is short and doesn't explain the full context of what a mary sue could be.

3. Your bio does not use our cultural lore. Expand on your biography and use the information found int the cultures to help your character.

4. Your questions also somewhat disregard the lore. I'd recommend reading up more there. You also only need to answer 3 questions if you don't think your character would be in a scenario. Your answers are somewhat short and should be expanded upon as if you were in a multiplayer roleplay scenario.

Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made these changes and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible.

Good luck!

Verando

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Application Team
Lore Team
Sep 21, 2017
United States

Your application has been denied.

While in this state it is unsuitable for approving, you are welcome to try again.

The reasons for the denial are as follows:

1. Time has expired for the response.

Should you choose to re-apply, please make a new application!