United States
The Tale of Banners Whitelist Application:

Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

hellorenee3645

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

69ae0723-39f3-496b-bdd1-5834892eb912

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

Yes

Do you agree with the server rules?

Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Just researching good roleplay servers with whitelists (normal means they are pretty serious about roleplay!)

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

Not much, just some occasional roleplay on minecraft and roblox here and there, not super intense, but I've been wanting to get into serious roleplay.

Additional Information: (If any)

N.A.
Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions
Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

Basically creating and portraying a character, often made to resemble you or your idel self in some way. Like a more intense acting role.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

Being overpowerd, like having an unfair advantage because you have multiple powers and strength that normal people don't have. For example, a person who is very, very rich, noble, wins all battles, and is the best at combat.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:
Knowing things that you could not have learned in roleplay without progression. Like a weak person suddenly being able to defeat the best fighters. It wouldn't make sense, and it would cause a lot of combat in roleplay.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?
(Not gonna lie, I had to look this up!) It's a person who is roleplaying with a character who is breaking the roleplay system. Using both power-gaming and meta-gaming to their advantage, they can become very powerful and rise to the top easily, which can break a carefully placed system. It destorys other's rp and ruins history. (I'm guessing that's why whitelisting is so important.

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?
Out of Character. Is used to talk about things not pertaining to the world, lore, or roleplay in the current moment. For example, talking about your bad day at work while sitting in a pub. Mostly should not be used (personal preference) but can be used in places that are generally ment for chatting and catching up. Example, sitting in a pub and talking or in your own house. Not used in public settings.
-
Section 3/4 - Character Creation

Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

(attached)

Name:

Lillian

Culture:

Oserian

Can your character read and write?:

Yes

Story & Biography
Lillian had a simple childhood. She was raised by an old woman who ran a small inn in her village. Lillian was born inside the inn and left inside one of the rooms where the old lady found her crying. The old woman decided to take the small child in, and named her Lillian, after her favorite flower, which she grew outside in the small garden. Lillian grew up learning how to grow different types of plants in the small garden. She liked to make different things, too, and was very talented with her hands. She even learned how to play the lute, which was her favorite instrument growing up. She was also raised in the church of The One and loved going to church with her Grandma. Her grandmother, a very proper lady, though very kind, was very religious, and insisted that Lillian attend church often. The old woman died when Lillian turned 20. She has since had to sell the inn, leaving her to buy a small farm with her earnings. She now raises crops and horses.
Lillian hopes one day she will be able to afford a pub and inn and meet someone to travel with. She as an itch for adventure, and hopes to one day find her father and mother, who she has never seen before. She still loves going to church, and regularly donates any money she can. She also plans to move to Dunsgate is the next few years and learn the craft of beer making and also begin looking for a pub to buy.
Personality: Kind, generous, bad at combat, good at crafting and farming, a bit childish, sarcastic, friendly
Progression: Hopes to open a Pub/Inn and travel
-

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewelry on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Standing behind the wall, Lillian waits carefully for the thief to leave, trying not to get caught. After the thief leaves, she runs towards the woman. Setting the woman up against the wall, she carefully examines the wound. It seems that the wound is not as deep as she was expecting, since the thief was in a hurry. She takes some water that she keeps in a pouch on her hip and pours it carefully over the wound. Taking care to wrap it in some spare cloth off her dress, she begins to try and wake up the woman. The woman begins to stir and Lillian steps back, as to not startle the young lady.
"Are you alright?" Lillian questions as the woman begin to feel around her body, shock returning to her face. "I lost most of my jewelry!" she cried. "My wedding ring, too!" the woman begins to weep. "I'm so sorry! Her, let me help you to an inn so that we can call a doctor. You need some rest," Lillian approaches the woman, and helps her stand. "Thank you so much for your kindness young lady! I would be dead without your help!" she says, limping along the street. "This is the inn," Lillian helps the lady into the small building and pays for a room. She asks the owner to call for a doctor, and the owner rushes off to find someone. Lillian helps the woman up the stairs, unlocks the door, and helps her lie down on the bed. "My husband!' she cries suddenly. "Who will tell him?" Lillian grabs the woman's hand and smiles. "I will take my horse to find him, he's just outside the pub I was in. It won't take long my horseback, just tell me where to go," she smiles down at the distressed woman. The woman begins to tell her as the doctor walks in, and Lillian is rushed out of the room.
She walks down the stairs, out the door, and towards the pub, she was drinking at. Her head spun as she was still not sober. She grabbed her horse from where it was tethered to and mounted. "Let's go," she whispered and began to ride off down the dark street towards the next town over.

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

The guard had really pissed her off. Why would she not be allowed into the city? She sold there almost every day! She huffed around, looking at all of the people laying around the large camp. The people seemed weak and thin, some even looking close to collapse. The stalls and some food and pieces of old armor for sale. Lillian started to slow down and looked around the dreary place. She was saddened by the site of it.
She walked towards one of the merchants. "Do you have no food?" she questioned. "No, we don't. We aren't allowed into the city and they never bring us enough food. The only thing we have is what we sell here, which is much too overpriced for many of the people here," he replied, looking around. "I guess you wouldn't be interested in some food, would you?" he continued, clearly upset that she was not here to purchase anything. "No sir, I'm not," she said. "Then leave. I can't have you hanging around here. You'll scare off my customers!" he raged, walking around the stall towards her. She rushed off hoping her would not keep following her. "I guess most people here aren't friendly," she grumbled under her breath.
The camp was little more than a small marketplace and ragged tents set up behind the fences outside the city. She sighed. It had been almost an hour since the guard had stuck her in here. She had fresh crops to sell! They would rot in the hot heat if they hadn't already. She felt a small tug on her dress and looked down. A 10 year old, small, frail child stood there, with another smaller, maybe two years old behind his leg, a small girl. "Do you have any food, miss?" he said sadly, looking hopeful at the same time. The bag on her back seemed to heat up. "Well..." she thought about it. It would put her back in selling, but the crops would spoil anyway if she did not sell them soon. She smiled. "Yes, yes I do, here," she grabbed the satchel and pulled out a handful of freshly grown vegetables. The children smiled wide and cried their thanks as they ran down the alleyway to go and eat their food. At least she had helped someone, even if it did come at a pretty price...

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

Lillian walked through the town, looking at the many people who scowled her way. She quicked her pace and quickly meet the edge. She looked in her bag to find a few things of food, and she had at least a fourth thing of water left. She sat down under a window seal and began to take her things out of her bag. She ate quickly and drank her water. She knew the town would not attack her in her sleep, that would be cruel and unjust, and would earn them a bad reputation. She knew that she would also have to rest before she continued on her journey home. This would be the last leg of her stop before she reached her farm, which was less than half a day's walk. She considered her options. Sleep outside under the window or walk home. The gates would protect her from any mobs that attacked in the night. She laid her head against the brick wall. She would have to sleep here for the night. She carefully lowered herself down into the grass and dirt, placing her things between her and the wall. She didn't have much to lose, except an expensive hunting knife, but that could still be easily replaced. She regretted not finding someone to come with her as she fell asleep in the cold autumn breeze.

Attachments

• Character.png
    Character.png
    134.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Acererak

Adam / Byrne
Jul 19, 2020
California, United States
twitter.com

You’re almost there! Your application is pending.

There are only a few things to change for a final decision.

Make the following edits to your application:

1.Your biography does not use server lore. You will need two lore items, one which must not be a location. You can use things such as religion, flora, and fauna.

Once that is done, make a comment affirming you have made these changes and your application will be reviewed again as soon as possible.

Good luck!

Acererak

Adam / Byrne
Jul 19, 2020
California, United States
twitter.com

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.