ACCEPTED - Whitelist Application | Tale of Banners Roleplaying Community Forum

ACCEPTED Whitelist Application

AllDragon

Oct 28, 2020
England
*I apologise in advance for any spelling mistakes i may have missed, my keyboard is very prone to double-typing or not typing at all. This is especially bad with N, H and B keys*

The Tale of Banners Whitelist Application:

Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

AllDr4gon

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

6f18c63a-c254-44e3-a577-2e1a73e2dbfa

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

Yes

Do you agree with the server rules?

Yes

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

Searched for a medieval RP server and found this one.

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

None.

Additional Information: (If any)

Nope

Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions
Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

To put yourself in the character's shoes and act out their decisions and conversations.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

Playing the game with only one aspect in mind and skipping over all the others to progress that one aspect as fast as possible.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

Using information that is unknown to the player's character to gain an unfair advantage in role playing games.

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

An unrealistically perfect character with little to no flaws and considerable skill or luck in most scenarios.

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

"Out Of Caracter" used to indicate when you break character.

Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

1604263870984.png

Name:

Gerbert Bucer

Culture:

- North Oserian

Can your character read and write?:

Yes

Story & Biography (please go into detail, we recommend two paragraphs but expect at least one. Please outline character history, personality traits and the things that make your character unique. Have fun with this section!)

(Please note although the character you apply with can commit illegal or immoral acts you cannot do these things on the server without an Intrigue application. This can be applied for once you are whitelisted.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/intrigue-application.119/ (Intrigue Application)
(You are also able to apply with a noble but keep in mind you cannot play a noble character on the server unless you join an accepted noble house or apply for one.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/noble-houses.142/ (Noble Houses)

Born into the commoner class of society, Gerbert came from a family of talented leatherworkers and armorers who produced some of the finest armor in all of Dunsgate. Due to his family's profession, Gerbert was always very interested in the Art of Armored Combat and since his early teens recieved extensive tutoring from his father, a veteran of the Oserian military.

When Gerbert was 19, his father became bedridden with a severe illness and was unable to keep running the business. With his father in critical condition and the family leaking money with no hope of paying for medical treatment, Gerbert turned to his skill and knowledge in combat and entered in the Osetian Battle Games. After demonstrating his honed expertise with the blade, he asceded to knightood and became a palace Guard for the Duke of Avendale. Over te years, however, Gerbert grew complacent and made the grave mistake of abandoning his post to drink at a nearby tavern. His absence was quickly discovered and as a result he was disgraced and stripped of his Title and position.

Not wanting to bring disrepute to his family, he didn't return to work, but instead travels Oseria, offering his skills to anyone with enough money to pay for them.

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewellery on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

Assist her into the tavern to seek the aid of others and alert everyone of the situation as I posesses almost no medical knowledge or experience. There is a chance that someone in the tavern does or knows someone who does who lives nearby and the locals will kow where the authorities are. As the woman recieves help I scan the area where I last saw the mugger in hopes of catcing him and returning her posessions, even if it is unlikely as they have probably covered some distance already. Finally I would give a description of the attacker to the authorities in the hope that they will investigate further.

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

I talk to the people running the stalls to find out why there are refugees coming here to check if te guards are lying to me and to see how long the refugees have been waiting for to see if it is worth my time to wait. This is also a good time to learn about the Korsian culture and language and to shop around in the various stalls as the local goods here may fetch a higher price back at home in Oseria. I would think that places like these are rife with tricksters, theives and pickpockets, so keeping my money where I can see it is a must.

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

Politely decline the food and Go hungry for the night. There's no telling what's in that food and it could be poisoned. Also, I do not know the hag's intentions, but it's still best to not upset or offend her. I would sleep with my weapon in hand should anyone try to catch me by surprise i would leave the area early in the morning to avoid further risk to myself.

Question 4

In the midst of battle, you find yourself approaching a wounded enemy soldier. The soldier is on the floor, clearly in terror as they cradle one of the dead. Enemy forces begin to advance in the distance and you know you have to act fast. The soldier then grasps at a cloth and removes it from the dead soldiers pocket. They continue to cry, and starts calling the dead soldier's name in despair. Then the soldier glances up to see you - with your weapon up - but does not care of your approach, continuing to cradle the dead soldier. You…

Ignore him as he poses no threat and address the larger issue of the advancing enemy. Awareness is key to not getting killed out of the battlefield and getting distracted could be deadly. I regroup with friendly forces and prepare to resist the enemy advance. I would use the little time I have to get ack into formation as a last push to repel the attackers and secure victory.

Question 5

You have wandered across a seemingly endless tundra for what have felt like days. A raging snowstorm makes you unable to see more than a few metres ahead. Being almost out of resources, you are delighted to find out that you have stumbled your way to a village. Upon closer inspection you find out it's a Northern village, and the residents are not very friendly towards strangers. What do you do in this dire situation?

Do what I can to persuade or bribe one of the villagers to let me stay until the storm passes. It is extremely dangerous to be outside right now as the reduced visibility means I will get lost easier and there is a risk of freezing to death. If this fails i would try to seek refuge in a public place like a church or library. Should my efforts fail I would find a house that looks empty and try to find a way in such as unlocked door/windows Before going to extreme measure like breaking in the back windows/door.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ty for reading my application :)

Acererak

Adam / Byrne
Jul 19, 2020
California, United States
twitter.com

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.