United Kingdom
The Tale of Banners Whitelist Application:

Section 1/4 - Out of Character Information

Minecraft Username(s):

-ItsOnlyEteck

Full UUID for your MineCraft account(s) (Found here):

-df63c988-6e19-41ce-80c9-9e092a11e98c

What is your age?
(We need to know this as our server has an age restriction)

Have you read the server rules? (Found here)

-Yes I have

Do you agree with the server rules?

-Yes, very much so

How did you hear about Tale of Banners?

-Two of my friends Chazz and Huccleberry_Finn

Do you have any previous roleplay experience?
(Please give examples, no experience is acceptable)

-Legend Of Aelryth, Lucridem, Alvaeron, Fables Of Elinion and I play quite a bit of D&D

Additional Information: (If any)
-Chazz and Huccleberry_Finn can vouch for me

Section 2/4 - Terms & Definitions
Please answer these definitions using your own words, the definitions may be researched however not plagiarized (copy-pasted).

What do you define as roleplaying?

-My definition of Roleplay borders escapism, a person takes on a persona and acts as if they were that person.

Describe the term ‘powergaming’ in your own words:

-Giving another player no chance to react to your action and or forcing said action onto a person.

Describe the term ‘metagaming’ in your own words:

-Using information your character wouldn't exactly know and using that to benefit them within the game universe

What is a "Mary-Sue" character?

--A character that lacks flaws or has no known weaknesses

What does the abbreviation ‘OOC’ mean & when should this be used?

-Out of character. It should be used when talking about out of roleplay subjects and of typing in the command /ooc to switch to the out of character channel.
Section 3/4 - Character Creation
Here you will create an example character that could exist in the server’s history and lore.

Provide us with an in-game screenshot of your character’s skin.

- Silas.png

Name:

-Silas Von-Hughes

Culture:

-Oserian

Can your character read and write?:

-Yes

Story & Biography (please go into detail, we recommend two paragraphs but expect at least one. Please outline character history, personality traits and the things that make your character unique. Have fun with this section!)

(Please note although the character you apply with can commit illegal or immoral acts you cannot do these things on the server without an Intrigue application. This can be applied for once you are whitelisted.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/intrigue-application.119/ (Intrigue Application)

(You are also able to apply with a noble but keep in mind you cannot play a noble character on the server unless you join an accepted noble house or apply for one.) Found here:

https://taleofbanners.com/forum/forums/noble-houses.142/ (Noble Houses)

-Description
Silas stands at 5’9 ft. His hair of Auburn rests down to his shoulders while his hair remains a dark red, his eyes of bright green complement his somewhat pale complexion. The appeal of Silas is very utilitarian for he prefers being able to move out of the way instead of being hit, he wears a dark green leather trench coat which is cut off just above the knee, on it, each buckle is shiny and pure silver while his trousers are tanned dull red leather which tucks into his boar hide boots, buttons run along the left side of it all the way to his neck while he wears white silk and cotton undershirt. His gloves are dull worn brown leather.

-small quirks-
quick-witted
streetwise
often refrains from fights
stern but can be easily swayed.

--Backstory--
Ages 1-10

Early life was an uphill battle for Silas, his mother was a whore, and father… Well, he never found out, ages 1-9 he helped around the brothel getting water, cleaning latrines, gathering coins from patrons, and helping cook while doing this he’d store away small amounts of coin for himself. It wasn't until his 10th age day that the brothel which he called his home was burned down by the Oserien Church, he knew this because his mother warned him of a man whom she had turned coin away from after learning he was of the Church. He took what coin he accumulated over the 7 years and found his way to a local monastery and convinced them to educate him, with the persuasion of the coin of course.

Ages 11-18
For the many years to come, Silas learned to read and to write he went through quite the education for a Whoreson while trying turn his life around he hit a large bump while visiting another town he was robbed by a young beggar he chased this beggar into an alley and was ambushed by 5 other beggars and left dying on the street devoid of all values. Luckily he survived his wounds, barely. He was too beaten to return to the monastery and decided to take to the streets and beg, steal, and fight his way to the top of the social chain. He eventually made a name for himself gaining some respect among the criminal underbelly and he used this opportunity to get out of the life of crime once and for all upon trying to become a functional member of society Silas was betrayed and ended up in prison for 12 years.

Age 30
He searches for a new beginning putting all his knowledge together to try to start a business in these trying times.

Section 4/4 - Open-ended questions
Please answer at least three of the questions to show how your character would interact with the world. Delete the spares (if applicable). Please include at least one paragraph for each question you answer.

Question 1

You stumble outside into the open air after some heavy drinking in an Oserian tavern. Just before you're about to pass an alleyway, a hooded man rushes out of it and runs for it - seemingly, he has both a blade and some jewelry on him. You take a quick peek in the alleyway to see a feminine figure collapsed on the ground, holding her hands over a bleeding wound in her torso. The thief is about to escape and the woman seems in critical condition. You...

-Stumbling upon the alleyway Silas looks back and forth a few times between hood and woman "W...well who would have thought a mugging while I'm drunk..." he would stumble down the alley towards the dying woman "Miss I think he took something of yours....oh and gave you a parting gift how generous" He would kneel down falling slightly as he lowered, after bracing himself he'd begin putting pressure on the wound and yelling for Help.

Question 2

You are on your way to the Korsian city of Telth to sell some wares. Upon reaching the front gates you are stopped by the guard. They deny you entry for the time being as the traffic into the city is too high. You are effectively forced to wait in the refugee camp located between the two gates for the time being. The camp is
filled with shopping stalls and refugees sleeping on the floor. How do you spend your time in the camp?

-Silas would immediately begin to look for the nearest whore and begin asking her questions about her boss, or whether she's looking for a boss, in doing so he'd end up awkwardly insinuating that he'd like to be her "boss". what the whore doesn't know is Silas is looking into a new business venture to get his name back in the kinder parts of society.

Question 3

You've gotten lost and wandered awhile into Drahl lands, eventually finding yourself in Crookmire Swamp, where you decide to settle for the night. Finding a meal to buy for the evening takes some effort, but you do come across an old crone in ragged clothing, who offers to sell you some sea-looking food. She doesn't ask much, but warns you that eating it is 'unpleasant' to outsiders. You...

-"as I said before I need food you can eat without possibly hallucination or death" he'd rub his forehead and hold his stomach for a couple of seconds before lurching for the Unpleasant food and giving the crone the coin she asked for "fine give it here...i swear if this makes me shit for days im coming back ol lady" he'd wander off completely taken back by the food.

Acererak

Adam / Byrne
Admin
Jul 19, 2020
California, United States
twitter.com

Congratulations! Your application has been approved. Amazing Application, Goes on the fridge of great apps in my head. Instant approved.

You will now be whitelisted on the server.

Make sure to take some last peeks at relevant information and guides.

You can use ToB’s Discord for communication and questions! You will find me and other whitelisters there too, ready to teach you the ropes.